Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kids' valentine's

I was wondering what you are doing for your kids' valentines?? I like to do creative, fun, yet simple things - you know something DIFFERENT!!! But I am having a block this year. I did have a couple ideas but I would have had to order a couple things and of course I didn't get it done. SO........ any new ideas out there????????

Please share!!! Thanks!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I bought a bag of conversation hearts that came in cellophane packages instead of boxes. I made red matchbook type covers for them. I versamarked little hearts all over the red (a wheel would have been much easier but I didn't have a valentine one). I watercolored the dog from Animal Valentines and tore around it and put it on the front of the matchbook and used the "Happy Valentines Day To From" stamp on the inside flap. To make it simpler, don't watercolor the dogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

My 8 yr old daughter and I are doing very simple lollipop covers for those Jolly Rancher lollipops that have the square wrapper. I have cut small squares so that she can stamp hearts and she is also sponging around the edges of the design. I will mount her artwork on cardstock and close with mini brads. She gets to be proud of what she is making for her class. These can be dressed up with ribbon if desired. She did not want any ribbon and since she is the designer, I will comply.

Glenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

sour cream containers are fast and easy and oh sooooo cool!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I'm making treat bags for my son's Kindergarten class. I already had the cello bags so I'm filling them with conversational hearts, and then making toppers for them. I'm using the Hugs and Kisses from Alphabet Soup and stamping them Red on White paper. I then matted them with Rose Romance and attached them to Red Toppers that I cut. They take a little bit of time to make 28. But they are sooooo cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 09:18 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Take a look at the pocket hearts from Monday's Techniques Challenge.
TLC50
The heart itself is easy to make. Put in a stick of gum or a fruit leather thing for kids. Pattern is here...
Heart Pocket Template
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I am doing bag-a-lopes as I did bag toppers for Christmas (try to do something different for each holiday). I took a regular mailing envelope, scored it on 3 sides at 3/4 of an inch, then following the directions, stamped my image on the front (toucan of my love) had each of the kids color them, then I am putting googly eyes on them filling them with a few different pieces of candy (hearts, lollypops and one piece of chocolate) and then folding down the top and stapling it closed. The kids love them, even the teenagers think they are *cool* enough to give to thier friends. I also did nugget boxes for the teachers and the bus drivers. Working on the bag-a-lopes today, anyone want to help? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Default different valentines

I ordered from Oriental Trading heart shaped spiral memo books and the rectangular shaped ones that have white covers and are to be decorated. I undid the spiral and made new covers, punched new holes and re threaded spiral. The heart shaped ones I used red cs and decorated. The rectangle shaped ones I used different neutral color cs and on front cover stamped it as a Valentine. My 8, 6 and 3 yr old grandkids love any size memo or comp book decorated. I gave them thier "Valentine" memobooks Sat. when I saw them and they were in their glory. There are 24 in a unit and I think I paid under 3 or 4 dollars. There are 35 sheets in a book. Each one got a Valentine pencil with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

A few years ago, I made tootsie pop flowers. Get the Valentine tootsie pops in the pink and red wrappers. Use pink, white or red tissue paper to make flowers. Cut the tissue paper into approx. 8" squares and fold in half twice to get a smaller square. Then, round off the unfolded edges to make petals. Snip a very tiny tip of the folded center. Open up the tissue and you have a four petal flower shape with a little hole in the center. Layer about four or more of these, altering the petals a bit so they aren't all lined up (you can also use multiple colors for one flower). Stick the tootsie pop stick in the hole and gather the tissue around the pop for the flower. Use green florist tape (or scotch tape) to wrap around the base of the flower and stick to secure. I then used an index card size or smaller piece of cartstock to stamp a greeting. Punch two round holes about an inch apart on the side of the card and insert the tootsie pop stick.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #10  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend and I got together with her DD and my DS today and did Valentine's Day treat bags for their preschools.

I saw the idea in the gallery and thought it was very cute. We used the fish from Toucan of my Love and used those to make bag toppers. We stamped the images in black, Cam and her dd stamped red hearts and colored them in. The cello bags had rainbow goldfish in them. They came out adorably cute if I say so myself (plus the kiddos loved making them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I'm making the little treat pouches using the tag punch (that someone on here shared) for my pre-school class. I am wheeling with the jumbo wheel from the Winter Mini and adding a label that says:

If you'll be my valentine,
this is what I'll do:
Instead of giving you some hugs,
I'll give you kisses, too!

So, of course, I'm putting Hershey's Hugs and Kisses in side. For my son to give out, I am making the same fish treat bags that Britta mentioned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #12  
too
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
sour cream containers are fast and easy and oh sooooo cool!

Took the words right out of my fingers! Just finished sour cream containers today

Tina

Visit my gallery - https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=29362
Reply With Quote Likes