Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT105 ~ PETTICOATS, BLOOMERS AND TEA! IT'S PENELOPE, BLOSSUM AND BEA!!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #105
PETTICOATS, BLOOMERS AND TEA!
IT'S PENELOPE, BLOSSUM AND BEA!!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun!

Before I get started with the story, I have a request. From time to time I like to communicate with the teapotters (aka ~ anyone who plays in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge). You never know when I might have some important teapotter announcements. If you would like to be included please email me at [email protected] with your email address and I will add you to the Teamail Group!

This is my story!

1. Way back when, just a few weeks after I started my Teapot Tuesday Challenge on my blog, I received an email from Joan Ervin who had been traveling through Texas. Driving along, she came upon a very large teapot and she thought of me! Go figure! So, she stopped to take a picture thinking I would get a kick outa seeing it! I did! Giggle! I always knew it would some day be featured on a Teapot Tuesday! Woot!

2. You know what's funny? When I saw this gargantuous teapot, the very first thing I thought of was the really, really, old TV series called Petticoat Junction. For all you young whippersnappers out there who might be confused about what I am talking about, click on this link to see why my mind went where it did! And then when I saw that The World's Largest Teapot is the entrance to Martha's Bloomers , a unique little tea shop, well, you know what happened! I thought, hey, Petticoats, Bloomers, and Tea! Besides, I really think they refurbished the water tank in Petticoat Junction, made it look like a teapot and moved it to Texas just for us to come party at! Yee Haw!

3. Old Uncle Grump (his real name is Grady, but it shoulda been Grumpy) is doin' his best to raise his fiesty little grandaughters, Penelope, Blossum, and Bea. They have his antique shop looking like a bloomin' boutique! Blossum has quite the green thumb and is growing bloomin' bloomers outa every antique bucket he owns, Penelope is quite the seamstess and is displaying her petticoats and pinifores on every antique coat rack he owns, and Bea? Oh my, that Bea and her tea! One day Uncle Grump had quite enough and threw out the bloomin' bloomers, ripped up the bloomin' petticoats, and poured out the bloomin' tea! The girls are out, more antiques are in! The girls just wanna kick Old Uncle Grump in the rump! Man, what a chump!!

4. Well, Old Uncle Grump loves his grandaughters and after all was said and done, he felt bloomin' bad and made a promise to the girls. Here's what goes, Rose! Rose is the girl's nanny and she's caught between the girls and Old Uncle Grump! Uncle Grump has agreed to rennovate the old water tank so they can sell their girly garb, bloomin' bloomers, and bitter ole tea! He's paying for the $42,000 rennovation, but that's it, period, no mo for sho!! The girls will have to find a way to replace the pretty things that Old Uncle Grump took to the dump! They'll have to fill it up themselves and without the use of his antiques for displays!!

Teaparty at the old water tank! Bring petticoats, pinafores, or girly girl garb galore cuz Penelope needs more! Bring bloomin' bloomers, that's flowers or pretty plants galore cuz Blossum needs more! Bring tea, even if its bitter, or tastey treats galore cuz Bea needs some more!! Think "tea house extraordinaire!" Think "we told ya we could do it, we'll be more successful than you" It's payback for Old Uncle Grump with help from the Teapotters!

If you get confused and bring a ancient ugly old antique then you have to come in the back door but if you bring a beautiful, good for displaying pretty things, kinda antique, then you can come in the side door, half way in between the front and the back. But beware for the Grump, he walks with a thump, looks like a chump and just may haul your stuff to the dump!

DESTINATION STATION TEAPOT TUESDAY #105:

There are those times in our lives when we just feel that everything is crashing down around us. Just when we get through one ordeal another one rears its ugly head! That is what is happening to a fellow SCSer. And you know what, she just needs to be taken away, to a teaparty in a wonderful Tea House in Texas!! Yee Haw!! We're bringing the teaparty to her this week so she can escape from it all!

The details (including address) are here , in Post #83 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Joan Ervin has made this awesome sample card this week.

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #105 Challenge Gallery and our adventures with Penelope, Blossum and Bea!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT105 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT105 ~ PETTICOATS, BLOOMERS AND TEA!  IT'S PENELOPE, BLOSSUM AND BEA!!-mmtpt105-teapot-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-09-2010 at 07:16 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRL
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JaydeKay - 8/4

Happy Birthday Judy! Hope your health is better and that you can kick up your heels and do some heavy duty birthday partying this week! We've missed you at the teaparties and can't wait until your return! Eat cake!! Some for me and some for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #3  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

What a DELIGHTFUL challenge!!! Love the sign on this quaint little store! It appears that Speedy the Cat is trying to sneak right in!

Here's my Cardinal's Bloomin' Card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Here's my contribution to the tea party at the old water tank!

CC282 - THAT WILD ROSE..... by Karen B Barber - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hope you like it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Cindy, Thanks for the great Birthday Wishes...
I am slowly getting back into my craft room... and am anxious to play in more of the tea parties for sure!
I got the immobilizing brace off.. now to get back into bending the leg and walking better, get rid of the walker and the cane and go for it... soon....
sitting for 6 weeks is for the birds...
So~~~~~~ woo hoo.. my birthday will be extra special... on the road to recovery.
Bring on the paper, inks and prismas!!!!!!

" If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spread it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.
~Brendan Frances~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's Mine:
CC282 - Happy Holidays by Princessheather - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here is my Time for a Cuppa Bloomin' Tea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

WOW! I just read about our fellow SCSer and my heart goes out to her. I'll get a move on my card in the morning. Okay, LATER this morning. It is 2:11 in Alabama and my refrigerator door FELL OFF today and landed on my left hand! LOL Only person in the free world that could happen to, I'm sure. When I went out to get a cooler to put my produce in, I disturbed a red wasp nest and got three stings for my trouble! Snort! Dang, I wish I had Cindy's gift for writing my story because you would all wet your BLOOMERS laughing! Once I got over being peeved, it was really very funny! LOL Some weird screw came loose and the entire door fell off the hinges. For future reference, if this should ever happen to you, this side of the twilight zone, Don't, I repeat, Don't attempt to "catch" the door! Now, imagine this entire story told with many hand gestures and a pronouced southern drawl and you'll laugh some more. I am going to whip up a doozy of a card to send along to LA, not Lower Alabama, and hopefully, put a smile on the face of our fellow stamper! Cindy, you are a SAINT for giving us the opportunity to help each other out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #9  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Blue Bloomers
Here's mine - and I've brought along some Rooibos tea that a South African co-worker gave me, as it seems to have some dried BLUE flowers in it!

I am sure it was no fun at the time, #1volunteer, but there is a funny side to it. I'd have tried to catch the door, I know. But stings, ouch!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Petticoat Junction was one of my favorites. I loved Uncle Joe. Here's mine MMTPT105 Five o'clock tea by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Yikes-e-doodle! Thanks Julia for telling me I didn't add the inspiration teapot to this thread! I'm a dork! Its' there now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Mary - Way to have a good attitude about a crazy situation! Sounds like sumthin' that would happen at a teaparty! Snort! Hope you are gonna be okay with your hand and stings! Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Judy. I am sure you will be glad when you are more mobile!

This must be the week for refrigerator problems. Ours went out and it will be 2 more weeks before we can get the repairs done (RV products are major investments - the repairs are over $2000 which is about half of a new one...!) We are using a WalMart dorm type fridge in the mean time!

I think I got carried away with my card - took a different direction than most of you.
MMTPT105 ~ THIS IS UNCLE GRUMP? by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I'm bringin' ya some more flowers and polkadots, Mudder!

hElLo
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 05:52 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts
Default here's mine

Antique cat

I forgot to add that the punches are the edging of the bloomers and petticoats!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Rut roh! Look's like the teapotters are having some kinda week! First Mary and now Dorothy...hang in there girls.....Dorothy, why didn't this happen in the winter? And you coulda just thrown your fridge stuff out in a snow bank?????? Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

..........and, here's mine
Petticoats, Bloomers & Tea! by BorisValentino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

going to see the shrink now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #18  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks, Cindy! Something for everyone!! LOL!
Two for Tuesday (CC282, MMTPT105) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for another fun wacky challenge, Cindy! Fun picture, Joan!

Here is my card:Bloomin' Cherry Blossoms #FG# by Francie G. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #20  

Thanks Cindy!
Here is mine
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

I enjoyed todays tea party so much because it reminded me of a wonderful experience I had with my parents in jolly old England. Come and have a cuppa at "Ye Olde Tea Shoppe" with the Frump sisters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #22  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine with petticoat AND crinoline

Petticoat Junction

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #23  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Well I am so glad the girls stopped Old Uncle Grump
from bringing this antique vase to the dump
A rose for Gery the color is berry
I hope it brings her some cheer
and wish her well for the rest of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT105 ~ PETTICOATS, BLOOMERS AND TEA!  IT'S PENELOPE, BLOSSUM AND BEA!!-mmtpt105.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #24  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Hi Teapartiers,
I can't upload to the gallery because I don't know how to reduce the number of pixels. I thought I had the instructions but I can't find them. Can anybody help?
Thanks

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Default MMTPT105

OK Mothermark, I have my best smocked dress, in peach no less, with a pinafore holding my bloomers. May I join the tea Party?

Here's my card

Thanks for another delightful story. This one always makes me smile.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cindy, these stories always bring a smile to my face - and so do the wacky happenings that go on with all our fellow teapotters! Oy! Nothing like a teapot challenge to get your mind off your worries and have some fun!

Here's my Blooming Petticoat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm bringing Bella in her cute little tutu petticoat! and I've got a little spot of tea!!! MMTPT105 Petticoats and Tea! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #28  

Here's mine...what fun these challenges are! So glad I could play this week. I had to drag Charlotte, aka Charlie, out of a tree climbin' session with the boys. She isn't too good at matchin' and all that girl stuff but she's as frilly as she's gonna get.

Charlie's goin' to Tea (kickin' & screamin')
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello teapartiers!

I brought some girly flowers and I had some leftover lace laying around after sewing my new bloomers (hahaha) so I added it to my card.

I am definately one of those old enough to remember Peticoat Junction, and I can even remember my mom and grandma calling underwear "bloomers". Ah, the memories.

Here is my card

TFL!
Stamping Tech for Technique Tuesday
Happy to be a Fan Club Member!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsmomView Post
Well I am so glad the girls stopped Old Uncle Grump
from bringing this antique vase to the dump
A rose for Gery the color is berry
I hope it brings her some cheer
and wish her well for the rest of the year.
Fran! I so wish I could help you! What a bummer you can't get this uploaded.......its such a wonderful card, beautifully done! loved your little poem too.....So glad you are at the teaparty....who'd a thunk you could not get your card uploaded......

Maybe Lydia can help! I will ask my husband if he knows anything about changing the size.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #31  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Destination Gery
I'm back with frills and flounces, which I hope will count .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #32  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsmomView Post
Hi Teapartiers,
I can't upload to the gallery because I don't know how to reduce the number of pixels. I thought I had the instructions but I can't find them. Can anybody help?
Thanks
It looks a great card!
Hopefully you'll find some tips in this thread to help you get uploading again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends! I am happy to get to play again this week. Here's my take:
MMTPT105 Teacup by mlj-mlj - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'll be back later to comment on the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is LuLu getting ready for the tea party.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

I started this last night but just wasn't sure it was right, so I waited, pondered, and thought some more... now I like it so I'm coming in a day late, but I didn't want to deliver anything but the best for the girls! here is mine: You Are Sew Special
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Default So gosh darn late . . .

I am very late to the tea party this week. I was away and then I just could not come up with a card . . . started cards a few times and then put them aside. Any way finally came up with one HERE. No story this week just brought the blooms!

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm late, I'm late to a very important date! I almost decided to wait until next week as I had to resort to my old pen & ink book. I wanted something to do with bloomers & tea but there was no match in my stash. So-o-o away to look in all of my books I go. This is what I came up with for this week. As I work these pen & inks, I think aren't stamps wonderful! You can create the whole image all at once! Ink it up, stamp it down. Wonderful invention!!! Hugs, Trish
Tea Time by hughesp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Bloomin' Bloomers by hughesp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

I can see that this is going to be my new favorite challenge!! Here's my take:

Yellow Umbrella Designs: Gift Card Holder/Tag
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, after the frig disaster, I finally got my card put together. Splints on your fingers hinder stamping and typing. I told my brother about the "fun" and he wanted to know if it was an important finger. I told him it was the first finger I planned on showing my DH when he got home! LOL My petticoat girls are on their way a little late but that will just space out the happy mail!
Reply With Quote Likes