View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #34
ScrappinMoments
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
I typed in ATG gun at Ebay and there is the ATG 50, ATG 700, & ATG 714. What is your preference or is there much difference?
I initially bought the ATG 50 but later gave to my daughter-in-law and bought the 714. Main reason was that the 714 tape tracked along the roller on the side closer to me, where the 50 it tracked on the roller away from me. I'm righthanded. So what that means is I could not see where the tape was laying down along the edge. I much prefer being able to see just where the tape is rolling over the wheels. Not sure if you can make sense out of what I'm saying. Perhaps another can explain better?

I also had problems with the 50 tape spool riding up, there was no 'click' when I pressed it down completely. I ended up having to place the tape spool down, then an empty one on top to keep it in place.

Also the used tape ribbon would undo and I would have to take off the excess several times during the spool, as the 50 does not have an extra piece to keep it from messing up like the 714 does.

Only difference between 714 and 700 is the 700 will use 1/2 inch tape. I 'think' you have to buy an adapter to use the 1/4 inch. But I could have the info confused.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!