View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #24
CR8tive K8
Rubber Obsessor

has anyone had a recent order from tape depot? I just ordered another set of 12 rolls in June - wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I seem to be having with this tape. I have purchased before from tape depot and have used my gun and tape for over 2 years now and never had this happen. I use this tape all the time, and since I received and opened this set of tape, I have been thoroughly disappointed.

It seems that about 1/3 of the way thru to tape roll, the main reel becomes loose and starts to move up from the middle, then when winding around the wheels to dispense, it begins to "walk off" the side and breaks. I have had to rewind the gun several times, finally giving up on the roll of tape and moving on to the next (I thought at first it was just that particular roll) But then it happened again.... and again... and again. I am on my 4th roll of tape and have 3 partial rolls that are unusable.

I store them flat the way they say to, and have used them for 2 years now and not run into this problem.I am so disappointed since I have used their tape in the past and have never had this happen. If anyone could please advise me as to what to do, I'd be most appreciative.

ps - I wrote to them over two weeks ago and still have not heard from them directly - disappointing customer service