View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
kikikaren
Watercolor Wizard

I've owned a Cannon, Olympus, Pentax, and Sony. The best one for the best price is the Sony, hands down. Pentax takes great pictures but does not like to be dropped. You could practically run your Cannon over with your car and it'll still work. The Olympus was great, but you cannot purchase ANY parts for it in a store. Lose your power cord? Want a spare? You have to order that directly through Olympus. We went with the Sony when we bought the last one (to replace the Olympus and Cannon) and looked at a Cannon as well. What we found was that we could get the same features (and a bit more) for $100 less by going with the Sony. We figured it was worth a shot and it hasn't proved us wrong! We took all of our honeymoon pictures and videos with it. Look on my blog if you want to see what it can do. I use it to take pictures of my crafts all of the time. It also looks like it's been run over by a car and still takes the same quality pictures it took when we pulled it out of the box. Oh, and you can buy Sony parts at any camera store.

As for the rapid fire function that someone mentioned, mine does not do true rapid fire. However, what I consider good quality rapid fire is also something that you can usually only find in the $2,000+ range... That being said, it's amazing at what you can get in a $200 point and shoot these days!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!