Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT102 ~ JUST DO IT!! SAMANTHA, WHY CAN'T YA??

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #102
JUST DO IT!! SAMANTHA, WHY CAN'T YA??

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun!

This is my story!

1. How many times have you found two things that you like equally well and have the hardest time EVER deciding which to go with? Not that many? Well, maybe its because I am a Libra and one of the traits of a Libra is being very indecisive! I am not into astrology too much but when I found out that I am Libra and am indecisive, it just turned out to be a great excuse to use when I can't decide on something. Like when we go out to dinner and I end up just telling the waitress to bring me what she would eat! Yikes!!! Then I find out, SHE is a Libra! ! Rut roh!! Now you know why there are two teapots this week! It's cuz I am a Libra!

2. Burke, the Jerk is a Jerry McQuire kinda guy. He makes the big bucks searching for and placing athletes into multimillion dollar contracts! His greediness has landed him in a huge, big, gargantuous dilema, but guess what? We're not going back to High School to help him! Nope! Serves Burke right, Burke that big jerk!! We're going back to High School to help Samantha! Samantha is a girly girl, a just got her nails done, always in pink, does this make my butt look big, I'm not disecting that frog, where's the mall, kinda gal! How did Burke the Jerk get involved with Samantha, the girly girl? It's time for the rest of the story.........

3. Samantha's friends call her Sam, the Ham! She loves being in front of the camera. Hey, you would too if you always looked GOOD! (Enter Sam, the Man) Sam, the Man, is a high school boy who also is always in front of the camera. He is the most sought after high school athlete of all time! He can play basketball, he can play football, he can play tennis, soccer, or baseball. He can drive a Nascar, ski the moguls, catch the big fish, ride the bad bulls, hit the golf ball, run the marathons, swim the fast laps, control the bobsled, race the speed boats, flip the skateboards, ride the road bikes, you name it, he can do it! Now you know why Burke, the Jerk got involved!! You see, Sam, the HAM, Knottingham and Sam, the MAN, Cunningham are always being confused by teachers, coaches, the principal, greedy sports agents, etc. It seems that Sam, the HAM, Knottingham, mistakenly got a letter that was supposed to go to Sam, the MAN, Cunningham. This letter offers a 42,000 million dollar signing bonus to sign on with Burke, the Jerk. Burke knows its just a matter of placing Sam into the sport that will pay the highest and then he will get his big fat cut!! Samantha's parents see this mistake as a huge opportunity for their little girly girl and are encouraging Samantha to JUST DO IT (she might get a Nike contract!) and they are also threatening Burke, the Jerk with a lawsuit if he renigs on his offer! Ha Ha! Serves him right! I do feel kinda bad for the real Sam, the MAN! But another Jerry McGuire type will latch on to him soon enough! He is one talented athlete!!

4. Samantha needs to be educated QUICK in the area of BOYS WILL BE BOYS sports. All kinds! No girly sports like tiddlywinks or jacks! We are talkin' macho, mean, adrenaline rushin', play till you pass out, extreme, boys will be boys type stuff!!! Right now Samantha has no clue what its all about, but that's where we come in!! Bring basketballs, footballs, fishing poles, bucking horses, golfing gear, race cars, tennis rackets, bobsleds, speed boats, skateboards, road bikes, boys will be boys, he who has the most toys win kinda boys will be boys stuff! You get the picture!!!

If you bring girly sports stuff you gotta come in the back door of the stinky boys locker room! Bleeehhhhh!!!! Oh, and we getta have our tea party on the Basketball court and perform at half time.....any of you teapotters a cheerleader in High School???? Whoot!

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION:

Now, its not that often when we can send our Teapot cards to a member of the opposite sex! But this week, we have the perfect opportunity! Peggy (MarilynPrestonn) brought to my attention the plight of a little boy battling cancer, who is the the nephew of her friend, Cookie (StampGroover). He is only 11 years old and needs some cheering up, encouragement, prayers and just plain ole attention right about now!!

The details (including address) are here in Post #42 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your card. It is strictly voluntary.

MarilynPrestonn (Peggy) made a wonderful sample card for Mark.

StampGroover (Cookie) made another wonderful sample card for Mark.

Here is side one of my card for Mark and side two of my card for Mark!

Quick Link to Teapot Tuesday #102 Challenge Gallery and our macho sporting adventures with Samantha, The Ham, Knottingham!!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT102 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-19-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh what fun! I hope I can play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to crazykim

I will be there for sure -- I will enjoy making a wee lad smile with so many cards. I wonder what else I can find to pop in his card from NZ ... tee hee hee -- I love being sneaky. I think i will have to email Cookie and see what else he likes ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

I just paid a visit to the rubber room and would you believe I have no sports or even little boy stamps. I have no small children in my life. Talk about trying to think outside the box that's me right now. Maybe some great idea will occur to me when I finally get to bed tonight. What a wonderful destination for the cards this week so I'll do my utmost to participate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #5  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine...

Gon' fishin'

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Oh, Mudder.....you've made me late to work, agin, but I jes had to make a special card fer li'l Mark. My heart breaks whenever I hears of a child with cancer.

MMTPT Bertie Referees CKM by LilLuvsStampin at Splitcoaststampers

Oh, and teapotters, Bertie's got the whistle today and is refereein.....
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good morning Mudder! Here is my card for Mark MMTPT102 A card for Mark by yo sam at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

Phew - I stamped off a few copies of Slugger before sending him to the States, which is really where he belongs. I only bought him because my half-nephew in MA plays in Little League or whatever you call it...
Here's the Plan, Sam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

I Scream, You Scream...we ALL SCream for
ICE CREAM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish I could play today.....so, so busy with the upcoming bridal shower that I'm hosting on Sunday. No time for cards.....hate that! Iffen I get a chance, I will do my best to make one later. Love this challenge, Mudder!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!! MUAH!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Cindy! I was actually able to make it to the tea party on time for once! I brought a racing bike for Sam: CC279, MMTPT102 Racing Bike For Sam (and Mark) by cmsuto at Splitcoaststampers
My card is on its way to Mark now. Thanks for pointing us to Peggy's original thread.
See you in the gym!!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for doing this challenge Mark!! I am so excited about this!!! Big Hugs to The Splitcoast Angels!!!! Mark will LOVE these! Hugs...Cookie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card to send out in the mail tomorrow: Have a little faith in me... by #1volunteer at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 740 Likes on 353 Posts

Here is mine:

CC279, MMTPT102, Get Well For Mark by jdmommy at Splitcoaststampers

Don't even ask me how I got involved in this silliness! At least a card will go to Mark!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Wow its been an awesome response and I am so grateful to you all!! I posted a message on my blog here....Thanks so much!!! Love and Hugs, Cookie

http://cardsbycookie.blogspot.com/20...ark-meyer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is my card that I'm on my way to mail for Cookie (StampGroover) her nephew has cancer.
MMTPT102 by foxy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my card. I'm bringing Joey to the teaparty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for challenging us to send cards to Mark... I'm sure they will really help to brighten his days. Here's my card: Pulling for Mark
Proud Fan Club Member
Proud MMTPTCC Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

So happy to join in this week! Here's my card for Mark: XGames for Mark and Sam
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

I found this card most difficult, putting aside the fact I have no sports or children stamps. This challenge is mostly humorous, fictional, with a side of off the wall; this week was heart rendering hard cold reality. There is nothing fair about cancer at any age but in a child of 11 years it is cruel. Whenever I hear of this it troubles me deeply and shakes my faith. I called our minister today and we have a prayer group that will say prayers for Mark through the week. Inside the card I sent Mark a story about how a Canadian invented basketball to give him some reading material. You are such a great group of women sending these cards out to people who need them, I'm proud to be able to participate. Elizabeth
Here's mine BASKETBALL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I love rubberView Post
I found this card most difficult, putting aside the fact I have no sports or children stamps. This challenge is mostly humorous, fictional, with a side of off the wall; this week was heart rendering hard cold reality. There is nothing fair about cancer at any age but in a child of 11 years it is cruel. Whenever I hear of this it troubles me deeply and shakes my faith. I called our minister today and we have a prayer group that will say prayers for Mark through the week. Inside the card I sent Mark a story about how a Canadian invented basketball to give him some reading material. You are such a great group of women sending these cards out to people who need them, I'm proud to be able to participate. Elizabeth
Here's mine BASKETBALL
Awww Elizabeth.......I so agree with you! Can you even imagine having someone tell you that your 11 year old has cancer? Its a sad thing.....but little kids sometimes are pretty good cancer patients...they have strength and heart, and persistance, and the right attitude......and people like you, pulling together to bring support and prayers......thank YOU for that.....and for the heartfelt message here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

THANK YOU ALL! ONCE AGAIN, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! SO FUN.....AND SO NICE OF YOU ALL TO PARTICIPATE EACH WEEK....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #23  

big challenge combo day for me!
Here is mine:

Boys are Rock Stars!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure Mark will be an All-Star patient so I'm sending him this All-Star.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is cow tipping really a sport?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I`m late! I`m late! For a very important date!! Sorry everyone!! Too much on my plate right now but I finally made it. YAY! Hope this cheers Mark up!
Here is mine
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

You guys rock! I love hanging out with goofballs! Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am later than late but this is way too important to quibble with time. Here is my card for Mark, to be mailed on Monday. Maybe Samantha can learn a few tricks from this pooch about soccer. Hugs, Trish
Mark's Soccer Dog by hughesp at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Darn I unloaded this earlier and forgot to link it here! :oops:

Bouncing by!

:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally able to get a card off to Mark for last weeks Tuesday Teapot Party. Here it is MMTPT102 Touchdown for Mark by Connie Jo9 at Splitcoaststampers

hugs to all my SCS sisters,

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes