Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Scor-Tape - anyone else not a fan?

I have an ATG and love it but I had heard so much about Scor-tape that I bought a couple of rolls to test it out. I made some adorable milk carton reindeers for stamp club and the next morning they had all came apart. The scor-tape didn't hold - ARRRRGGGGG!!! I had to put them all back together before the stampclub arrived - let's just say I was a bit :twisted:

I'll use the rest of what I have for layers, but I have my wonderful ATG so I don't really need it.

So is there anyone else out there doesn't think score tape is wonderful? I'm looking for some sympathy for my tiny woe is me feeling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that surprises me greatly. I've been using Scor-Tape for years and have never had anything fall apart. And forget about trying to unstick it, it tears paper down to the core.

Now red line tape has popped open on me many times.

Have you popped an email to Scor-Pal's customer service?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would be calling someone as I love that stuff!

My last stamp class we used it to put together boxes and the girls were laughing about how it stuck to their nails and wouldn't come off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
I have to say that surprises me greatly. I've been using Scor-Tape for years and have never had anything fall apart. And forget about trying to unstick it, it tears paper down to the core.

Now red line tape has popped open on me many times.

Have you popped an email to Scor-Pal's customer service?

I think I should send an email because the boxes were made of noncoated cardstock and I put a full line of tape on all seams and they didn't have the treats inside. I was hoping that the scortape would be a replacement for the red line tape because it has done the same. I'll send them and email and see what happens. Maybe I got a bad roll.

Thanks for the suggestions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, also, am not impressed with the ScorTape and will use up the roll I have. It is a little gummy and I can't tear it off easily. I like Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegas (www.stampo.com) as a repacement for the red liner tape. There is 55 yds on a roll, it comes in multiple widths and actually is a little less expensive than the ScorTape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
I, also, am not impressed with the ScorTape and will use up the roll I have. It is a little gummy and I can't tear it off easily. I like Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegas (www.stampo.com) as a repacement for the red liner tape. There is 55 yds on a roll, it comes in multiple widths and actually is a little less expensive than the ScorTape.
I've been using miracle tape and love it also but I was tired of cutting it (I know that's just lazy) and thought scoretape would be suitable. Miracle tape has been holding better than the red liner tape and it's less expensive. I been lucky that a vendor at our annual stamp convention sells it and I buy a lot of rolls to stock up.

I just realized I'm in some sort of tape hell... I bought tape for my ATG at Tape Depot and all the rolls keep breaking and now this isue with scortape! Maybe I ran over a roll of tape in my previous life it this is karma????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm also surprised that your Scor-Tape didn't hold well. I've used it to make dozens of "boxes" of different types and other items and I haven't had anything come apart once I've pressed things together well. I even use it to attach buttons to things and it holds great. I also like that you can tear it if you want, rather than cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW - I too am surprised the scor-tape didn't hold. I've been making boxes and bags etc with my scor-tape for at least a year and they have never fallen apart - I have given them away and kept some and the ones I kept are still ok. hmm - bad batch? Cuz I don't always use a whole line either - usually do but sometimes I used partial and it still held - matter of fact I wanted to readjust one and it held too well LOL. Sorry that happened to you - I suggest sending them an email - they have excellent customer service.

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the tip and the link. I just ordered some miracle tape. I had been getting something similar but the other company folded so thought I was out of luck.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

StampHappy 1650. I am sure you have received a bad roll. I too have not had a problem, have been using it for years and love the stuff. Please contact me at [email protected] and we will see what we can do for you. We want happy and satisfied customers!
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I just realized I'm in some sort of tape hell... I bought tape for my ATG at Tape Depot and all the rolls keep breaking and now this isue with scortape! Maybe I ran over a roll of tape in my previous life it this is karma????
I'm sorry for your troubles, but thanks for the laughs!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I'm a HUGE scor-tape fan--it's the ability to tear it instead of cut it that I love-- and it's always worked well for me. Sorry you are having trouble, it stinks when stuff like that happens. My LSS got the Miracle Tape after they sold out of Scor-Tape and they said it was great but I'm sticking with my Scor-Tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I have an ATG and love it but I had heard so much about Scor-tape that I bought a couple of rolls to test it out. I made some adorable milk carton reindeers for stamp club and the next morning they had all came apart. The scor-tape didn't hold - ARRRRGGGGG!!! I had to put them all back together before the stampclub arrived - let's just say I was a bit :twisted:

I'll use the rest of what I have for layers, but I have my wonderful ATG so I don't really need it.

So is there anyone else out there doesn't think score tape is wonderful? I'm looking for some sympathy for my tiny woe is me feeling.
I'm probably confused here but - when you say you made milk carton reindeers do you mean you used a milk carton as part of the construction? If so then the tape probably didn't stick because of the outer wax coating.

If you didn't use actual milk cartons then I don't know why it didn't stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

AVOID all CAT detecting of Scor-tape....THEY love IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I wonder if you got a bad roll. I love Scor-tape and I use it for a lot of 3-D projects. I have messed up and had a heck of a time pulling it apart. I think you are right that maybe you should call and they could replace the roll for you. Hope you get it resolved. I'm sure that was frustrating. But don't give up yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I've been using miracle tape and love it also but I was tired of cutting it (I know that's just lazy) and thought scoretape would be suitable. Miracle tape has been holding better than the red liner tape and it's less expensive. I been lucky that a vendor at our annual stamp convention sells it and I buy a lot of rolls to stock up.

LOL! Thank you for giving me a good laugh to start my day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I used the Score-Pal tape on the invitations I made for our sons wedding, the ATG tape didn't wouldn't hold - I don't know what I would have done if the Score-Pal tape didn't work. Sorry to hear of your frustrations but I'm with the other posters, I'm betting you got a defective roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

I don't have an ATG. But I have had no problems with my Scor-Tape. I don't always do it, but you can burnish it to help it stick better. Really though, I have had NO problems with it. It does tend to stretch when I try to tear it, so I tend to cut it instead. But that's MY problem. Call the company and describe to them wat happened. They have the best customer service I've ever seen. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana is the Bomb..I see she stopped by and offered to help....Hi Diana...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiebudstampView Post
AVOID all CAT detecting of Scor-tape....THEY love IT!
Sorry for the wild hijack, but I just spit out my coffee when I read this. I got a mental image of a cat struggling with an unrolled roll of tape and couldn't help laughing, lol...(what can I say? Twisted mind...)

Interesting thread. I haven't ever tried the Scor-Tape, it just hasn't presented itself in a buying situation, I guess. I do know I love the thought of being able to tear it off, though, rather than cut, so count me in as lazy, too, I guess!

I do know that burnishing helps any adhesive do its job...the only other thing I wonder is if burnishing your creases realllllllly well would help. Seems like that might put less stress on the taped areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie21211View Post
I'm a HUGE scor-tape fan--it's the ability to tear it instead of cut it that I love-- and it's always worked well for me. Sorry you are having trouble, it stinks when stuff like that happens. My LSS got the Miracle Tape after they sold out of Scor-Tape and they said it was great but I'm sticking with my Scor-Tape.

Sheesh.....I didn't realize you could tear it....though perhaps I do vaguely remember hearing that....Gosh, I wish brain cells could regenerate, I think I'm reaching rock bottom in my stash;)

Anywho, I LOVE Scor Tape. I use it for all my template creations and have never had a problem with it. I use my ATG gun for basic cardmaking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

WOW! Miracle Tape has a dispenser?? I have to check it out.... My score tape is sooo abused. It's edges have been flocked, glittered and rug fibered just from being out in the open! Can you tell I am a really messy crafter?

Holly

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet43View Post
WOW! Miracle Tape has a dispenser?? I have to check it out.... My score tape is sooo abused. It's edges have been flocked, glittered and rug fibered just from being out in the open! Can you tell I am a really messy crafter?

Holly
I have the miracle tape dispenser and it drives me crazy, because it rolls all over the roll, is too wide for the widths of tape I use (if you use .5" or wider, it's ok. If you use 1/4" or 1/8" its a P.I.T.A.). I thought it would be like a desk dispenser, or like a tape gun type thing. With the Miracle Tape dispenser your rolls will still be out in the open and not protected. Do you want me to take a picture of mine and send it to you, so you can see what it looks like on the roll? I don't mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I too love Miracle Tape!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

I love Scor-Tape and use it for nearly all my crafting. Much easier to use than the ATG.

The point that you can tear iwth your fingers is the major point of it being so convenient. No need for scissors.

Works great for boxes and any kind of altered items and of course greeting cards.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

I just started using Scor-tape. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I had always used the red tape before but heard about scor-tape on Stamp TV. It's become one of my favorite things. I think you might have gotten a bad roll..give it another try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Default Love the stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by KjppView Post
I just started using Scor-tape. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I had always used the red tape before but heard about scor-tape on Stamp TV. It's become one of my favorite things. I think you might have gotten a bad roll..give it another try!
I love the Scor-Tape and use it for card making and scrapbooking. Yes, sticking down pictures. Works great. I have been using it for years and it never lets me down.

I do prefer to cut it and every now and then, I have to use an SOS pad and lightly get the sticky stuff off the scissors I use. Only maybe every moth or so and not on a regular basis. For pictures I put on 4 tiny pieces in the 4 corners.

Maybe it was a bad roll but I have never had one of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampoView Post
We used to have a smaller dispenser but it's no longer made... I bought the entire stock... now we just have the larger one which as you say is good for 1/2 and larger but you can put two or three of the smaller rolls on the large dispenser and have them all handy and they'll work well that way.
Thanks, I'll give that a try
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

Tim Holtz scissors are coated in Teflon and so is another pair I have and they don't get sticky. If your scissors do get sticky, GooGone will take it right off... I prefer the gel spray myself. It's what I use to get the sticky off my scissors when I'm cushioning rubber as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

I have also had problems with my Scor-Tape as well as my red liner tape not holding on my boxes that I make. I think the red-liner tape holds a bit better though.

I wrapped CS around Hershey nuggets to make little "mailboxes" the night before Valentine's day.. I used Score-Tape to hold the seam, and by the morning, they had all fallen apart. I was very careful not to touch the sticky with my fingers, as I know that would cause it to lose its stickiness. I was very disappointed in it because I had heard how it was better than red-liner tape. I guess I must have gotten a bad roll too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampoView Post
We used to have a smaller dispenser but it's no longer made... I bought the entire stock... now we just have the larger one which as you say is good for 1/2 and larger but you can put two or three of the smaller rolls on the large dispenser and have them all handy and they'll work well that way.
Ok so I just gave this a try, put two of my 1/4" rolls on one dispenser, and they stuck to each other, so every time I would try and pull some tape off one, the other would roll too. I would separate them and try again and halfway through getting the strip I wanted off, they stuck together again (maybe they like each other? :neutral: ). Any tips? I'm sure there has got to be a way to make this thing work, I have 5 of the dispensers! (I bought one for each size plus an extra. Well. I thought of giving them away as door prizes at the craft day I host but then figured I should make them work before I do that so the girl who gets it knows how to use it)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

I love Scor-tape ! It hold so firmly that if I make a mistake I can't remove the paper with the Scor-Tape with out destroying the card.

If you are having problems with it not holding are you rubbing it to complete the hold?.

I have watched several videos that Beate made and she uses Scor-Tape. She applies it to her card and then ALWAYS uses the back of her thumb nail ( as if it was a bone folder) to press the tape before she removes the paper strip on the top of the tape.

I have followed her directions and it works every time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

I should have said Beate bends her thumb and used the top of her thumb nail to rub the tape before she removes the paper strip
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Stampo-
I didn't know that you could tear Miracle Tape. Thanks for the info. I was making marchbox treat holders and was able to tear the tape just the right length. I think that the Miracle tape tears much 'cleaner' (?). Never could get the ScorTape to tear very straight - up & down- so would have some corners that would not get stuck down.

Because I like the sticking power of the Miracle Tape the best of the ones I have tried, I have a supply in various width for use on projects that need the extra hold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #35  
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I am a HUGE fan of Scor-Tape. That's the only thing I use now besides dimensionals. Barbara is right. I use my thumbnail to rub over the tape, then peel it off. You have to make sure the tape is sticking to the cardstock. Then you can take it off really easy.

I love that you can tear the tape. I love that the backing doesn't cling to you and I love that nothing comes apart after using that tape.

Hugs and smiles

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeateView Post
I am a HUGE fan of Scor-Tape. That's the only thing I use now besides dimensionals. Barbara is right. I use my thumbnail to rub over the tape, then peel it off. You have to make sure the tape is sticking to the cardstock. Then you can take it off really easy.

I love that you can tear the tape. I love that the backing doesn't cling to you and I love that nothing comes apart after using that tape.

Hugs and smiles
I go through a ton of scor-tape! I use that for the majority of my stuff, if it's a big project and doesn't need a strong hold, I use Scotch double sided, and for a few small things, I use my EZ Runner. The EZ Runner is super easy (te-he!) but a lot more expensive so I don't use it often.

I do use my Xyron's a lot, since I do mostly die cutting and paper piecing (Not a stamper - at all, really.). But I would have to say Scor-Tape is my #1 adhesive - and it's SO cost effective!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

At Viva Las Vegas Stamps (www.stampo.com) the Miracle Tape is:
1/8" 55 yds - $4.99
1/4" 55 yds - $5.49
1/2" 55 yds - $6.49
1" 55 yds - $9.99

ScorTape comes in 27 yds rolls so I think for the price, you get more and better tape if you buy the Miracle Tape. (Not affiliated with Miracle Tape in any way but think their product is superior to any of the super sticky tape on the market - JMHO) As the OP stated, you can tear this tape to the length you need and the disposeable liner is not staticity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

I think it is wonderful that are going to give you another roll since yours does not hold. Maybe it is time to retire this thread with a happy ending! What great customer service!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeateView Post

I love that you can tear the tape. I love that the backing doesn't cling to you and I love that nothing comes apart after using that tape. ...
Ditto!!
Reply With Quote Likes