View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #12982
LauraJean
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1778 View Post
Joy and LJ, I hope that this comes nowhere near either of you!!

http://blogs.woodtv.com/2010/06/22/s...isk-wednesday/

It seems that lately, whatever S. MI gets, Indiana shares in abundance, and Wisconsin has its share before we see it. We had a tornado less than four miles from my front door last night, but the touch down reports are skewed, and damage seems to have been in a field area only... thank go.
It isn't often that we see a funnel cloud this close to our huge city, but if it did hit within our confines... boy would that cause a mess.

I completely missed the word Illinois in that when I first read it.,... Kate I hope that you are not too far north!
The last derecho that his my area was in 1998. Took out most of a HUGE apartment complex, and headed right on down the road for about 50 miles and wiped out the lakeshore in the city of Grand Haven 9and lots of stuff en route).Took months for the mess to be cleaned up.
Roberta ~ my landlord just called me regarding some major work that's going to be done on the patio, he was also commenting that he has never seen it rain as hard as it did last night here ~ and he's not a young one either. I did take a few pics last night ~ none are great - but the drains simply could not hold it last night on my block. East Wash looked like a big waterslide (I'm at the bottom of a steep 5-block hill coming down from the capitol) We are supposed to get MORE heavy rains/thunderstorms tonight, and they have already issued a flood watch in advance of the expected precip.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!