Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best crafting mat?

Hi there,

What do you guys suggest for a crafters mat that is protective, non-stick, heat-resistant, and suitable for card making/ stamping?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quite a few use this:

http://www.rangerink.com/products/pr...craftsheet.htm

I use a quilters mat with grid paper on top. I have one of the craft sheets above but find I am not careful enough and end up with ink transfer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ranger sells non-stick craft mats that are wonderful but pricey.

I found a much cheaper alternative. It is a non-stick oven liner that is 18" x 26". It sells for $12.99 but is often on sale for $9.99.

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKim...tID=0000117160

It is the identical material as the Ranger non-stick craft mat, just slightly thinner gauge material, but just as non-stick and heat resistant.

The small Ranger mat is less than a quarter of this at 9" x 12" and their large sheet is slightly over half the size at 15" x 18." It is really scandalous how much markup products receive once a "craft" label is put on them!

I purchased two - one for the craft room and one for the bottom of my oven! I am thrilled as it is large enough to really cover my work area. I think it would also be wonderful for glimmer mist, etc. as it is large enough to catch the overspray. When you look at the price of the pink mats that Tattered Angels sells, this oven liner becomes even more of a bargain!

If you sign up for their mailing list, you will receive special offers. I waiting until I received a $1 shipping with no minimum coupon and saved on shipping as well.

Just think - this mat is TWICE the size of the LARGE Ranger mat. If you didn't need a mat that large, you could cut it in half and share with a friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post

I found a much cheaper alternative. It is a non-stick oven liner that is 18" x 26". It sells for $12.99 but is often on sale for $9.99.

It is the identical material as the Ranger non-stick craft mat, just slightly thinner gauge material, but just as non-stick and heat resistant.

The small Ranger mat is less than a quarter of this at 9" x 12" and their large sheet is slightly over half the size at 15" x 18." It is really scandalous how much markup products receive once a "craft" label is put on them!

I purchased two - one for the craft room and one for the bottom of my oven! I am thrilled as it is large enough to really cover my work area. I think it would also be wonderful for glimmer mist, etc. as it is large enough to catch the overspray. When you look at the price of the pink mats that Tattered Angels sells, this oven liner becomes even more of a bargain!

If you sign up for their mailing list, you will receive special offers. I waiting until I received a $1 shipping with no minimum coupon and saved on shipping as well.

Just think - this mat is TWICE the size of the LARGE Ranger mat. If you didn't need a mat that large, you could cut it in half and share with a friend!
I need one of those for my oven! I had no idea they existed!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post

That's cool and a fraction of the cost of the Ranger mat or the Tattered Angels mat (which is considerably larger, but still about $60). Thanks for posting that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I have the 15x18" Ranger craft mat and love it! Since I can purchase it locally, it's been worth every bit of the $19.99 I paid for it.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes