Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tack it over and over adhesive question

I am new to SCS, and although I have been stamping a little here and there since 2005, I still feel like a newbie to stamping, too! I am about to begin the huge process of unmounting my SU stamps and converting them to use with the acrylic blocks using Aleene's Tack it Over and Over adhesive. I did a trial run yesterday with one stamp set that I had never put together. I like the idea of seeing the image on the back, so I put the clear image sticker on top of the back of the foam, then applied the Tack it Over and Over. I let it dry 12-14 hours, but when I checked it this morning, it was extremely sticky. I had to work to peel the stamp off of the acrylic block. I was wondering if this is typical--does it get a little less sticky after 1-2 uses? Or am I having the sticky problem because I applied the adhesive glue to the image sticker and not directly on the foam?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Also, I noticed it says "Cardstock Collector" under my username. Any tips as to how to change that? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Lefty!

Welcome

It's VERY sticky. I have it on one set and I use cling mount for the rest.

As for the title - members earn their titles based on how often they post - if you post enough, you can choose your own!

Explanation here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks! Do you use EZ mount, or is there something else that I haven't heard of?

Thanks for explaining the title--that makes sense, now! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I do! And when I first started using it, I used what was the standard, which is the thicker foam, but I've found I LOVE the thin EZ mount. The lower profile is great and it's much easier to trim your stamps!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use Tack it Over & Over all the time. I let dry it dry and then slap it on my pant leg (doesn't seem to leave any residue). It will pick up just enough lint to ease the tacky a bit and then you are good to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I only let mine dry for 30 minutes and then you pat the sticky side on the back of your hand once and you should be good to go. I have no idea where I heard/read that, but it works..
Oh, and I only use a thin layer of the TIOAO, just enough to make it slightly opaque. Maybe you used too much of the glue. A little goes a long way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty23View Post
I am new to SCS, and although I have been stamping a little here and there since 2005, I still feel like a newbie to stamping, too! I am about to begin the huge process of unmounting my SU stamps and converting them to use with the acrylic blocks using Aleene's Tack it Over and Over adhesive. I did a trial run yesterday with one stamp set that I had never put together. I like the idea of seeing the image on the back, so I put the clear image sticker on top of the back of the foam, then applied the Tack it Over and Over. I let it dry 12-14 hours, but when I checked it this morning, it was extremely sticky. I had to work to peel the stamp off of the acrylic block. I was wondering if this is typical--does it get a little less sticky after 1-2 uses? Or am I having the sticky problem because I applied the adhesive glue to the image sticker and not directly on the foam?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Location: SW Coast of FL for 12 years, Fayetteville NC before.

Quote:

I am new here and stamping too, but have used ALTIO for the same purpose as you, did worry about the label thing, and I let it set for about 24 hours, then did the touching to pant leg and they have worked great. Hope you work it out. Hugs Joan

PS I also store my newly removed stamps from their wood blocks in a three ring binder, in document protectors. Takes up a lot less room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, everyone! I am looking forward to trying out the tips you all suggested. I have already purchased the empty storage cases (DVD size) that SU! sells, so I am planning to use those to store the unmounted stamps. I like the wood mounts, but am looking forward to converting all of them--the large clamshell cases are taking up too much room in my craft area, and I can't justify buying more stamps until I get a smaller storage solution set up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

nothing to add about the sticky stuff, but, I'm a "lefty" too. Welcome to S.U. SplitCoastStampers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Something you said here though makes me wonder... you're put the ATIOAO on the foam? Unless this is a new trick I've never heard of, I have always applied it to the back of the rubber. I would think it would be pretty messy on the foam.

And I do it just like Jeanne.... slap it on the pant leg to lint it up a bit, and it's good to go. And yes, a little bit goes a long way.

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes