View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
LOTRhobbit
Compulsive Stamper

Location: SW Coast of FL for 12 years, Fayetteville NC before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty23View Post
I am new to SCS, and although I have been stamping a little here and there since 2005, I still feel like a newbie to stamping, too! I am about to begin the huge process of unmounting my SU stamps and converting them to use with the acrylic blocks using Aleene's Tack it Over and Over adhesive. I did a trial run yesterday with one stamp set that I had never put together. I like the idea of seeing the image on the back, so I put the clear image sticker on top of the back of the foam, then applied the Tack it Over and Over. I let it dry 12-14 hours, but when I checked it this morning, it was extremely sticky. I had to work to peel the stamp off of the acrylic block. I was wondering if this is typical--does it get a little less sticky after 1-2 uses? Or am I having the sticky problem because I applied the adhesive glue to the image sticker and not directly on the foam?
I am new here and stamping too, but have used ALTIO for the same purpose as you, did worry about the label thing, and I let it set for about 24 hours, then did the touching to pant leg and they have worked great. Hope you work it out. Hugs Joan

PS I also store my newly removed stamps from their wood blocks in a three ring binder, in document protectors. Takes up a lot less room.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!