View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
Madstamper65
Rubber Obsessor

I only let mine dry for 30 minutes and then you pat the sticky side on the back of your hand once and you should be good to go. I have no idea where I heard/read that, but it works..
Oh, and I only use a thin layer of the TIOAO, just enough to make it slightly opaque. Maybe you used too much of the glue. A little goes a long way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty23View Post
I am new to SCS, and although I have been stamping a little here and there since 2005, I still feel like a newbie to stamping, too! I am about to begin the huge process of unmounting my SU stamps and converting them to use with the acrylic blocks using Aleene's Tack it Over and Over adhesive. I did a trial run yesterday with one stamp set that I had never put together. I like the idea of seeing the image on the back, so I put the clear image sticker on top of the back of the foam, then applied the Tack it Over and Over. I let it dry 12-14 hours, but when I checked it this morning, it was extremely sticky. I had to work to peel the stamp off of the acrylic block. I was wondering if this is typical--does it get a little less sticky after 1-2 uses? Or am I having the sticky problem because I applied the adhesive glue to the image sticker and not directly on the foam?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!