Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cricut cartridges coming only to walmart!

http://www.cricut.com/shop/#0/73/0/3/Cricut/

suppose to hit stores in July.........

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

thye had a couple yesterday for I think $39.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

oooh...YAY! will have to check a wally a bit further away....ours is little and has very little crafts stuff......

i like Lacey Labels and Lovely Floral.........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

$39 isnt so bad.......

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Our WM got about 10-15 new carts and there are several really cute or pretty ones. I just don't do so much scrapbooking anymore since I discovered cards so I am not sure how many I will get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

i am LOVING these new lite carts! i did a preview of the MEOW cart for ProvoCraft on my blog yesterday for Hello Thursday with a video and lots of detailed info on these new LITE carts.

Meow Cart post

as for the price - i think it is perfectly reasonable. i realize we have all gotten used to paying really low prices on ebay and such but that does not mean these are overpriced. full carts retail at 69-89, these partial carts retail at 39. compared to manual dies which run 20-35 dollars for ONE shape in ONE size i still feel these are a great deal. ONE tim holtz sizzix die for exmple is 20! one shape in one size. just because we got used to the gret deals on the others doesn't make these overpriced for what you get.

now as for what you get - these carts have one creative feature on them and 50 images. many of them have either 4 layer images or include a two layer font. i love that there is such a huge variety of content. i want 9 of them! i always felt that the full carts were a bit of a waste since i rarely use or even understand the purpose of them on some of the cats! now i will pay about the same thing but for cart i will use everything on. now if i could only find the blasted things - my walmarts are not likely to have them until the july 1 release date. i figure since i do my weekly grocery shopping at a supercenter i will just throw in one cart a week and sneak it into my grocery budget ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I think $39 is horrible. I've paid less for almost all of my full size carts that have WAY more than 50 something images on them. And I absolutely HATE exclusives. No competition means the prices will not come down unless they go on clearance.
I agree. Also, didn't I hear that Walmart was downsizing their scrapbooking department? I wonder why PC would choose them to carry an exclusive line of cartridges then. Oh, well, I won't be buying them for $39 in any case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
i am LOVING these new lite carts! i did a preview of the MEOW cart for ProvoCraft on my blog yesterday for Hello Thursday with a video and lots of detailed info on these new LITE carts.

Meow Cart post

as for the price - i think it is perfectly reasonable. i realize we have all gotten used to paying really low prices on ebay and such but that does not mean these are overpriced. full carts retail at 69-89, these partial carts retail at 39. compared to manual dies which run 20-35 dollars for ONE shape in ONE size i still feel these are a great deal. ONE tim holtz sizzix die for exmple is 20! one shape in one size. just because we got used to the gret deals on the others doesn't make these overpriced for what you get.

now as for what you get - these carts have one creative feature on them and 50 images. many of them have either 4 layer images or include a two layer font. i love that there is such a huge variety of content. i want 9 of them! i always felt that the full carts were a bit of a waste since i rarely use or even understand the purpose of them on some of the cats! now i will pay about the same thing but for cart i will use everything on. now if i could only find the blasted things - my walmarts are not likely to have them until the july 1 release date. i figure since i do my weekly grocery shopping at a supercenter i will just throw in one cart a week and sneak it into my grocery budget ;)
So the images you see on the back of the cart box is it? Does anyone know if they come with a handbook? Our walmart doesn't have them yet. I was hoping to get a better view of them in the cricut library on cricut.com but they don't have them up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnangelView Post
So the images you see on the back of the cart box is it? Does anyone know if they come with a handbook? Our walmart doesn't have them yet. I was hoping to get a better view of them in the cricut library on cricut.com but they don't have them up.
If you'd like to view all of the images in one convenient location, check out this post at www.mypinkstamper.com. I see at least a few must haves for me. I hope this is helpful.

Anita Be Stampin (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

thanks for the link. I know I want 3 of them now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

if the prices were lower I would buy a couple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

i just bought 3 of them, loving it!!! got the 'sugar and spice' , 'slumber party' and 'hoot'n holler' carts. haven't played with tme yet, just licked'em lol...MIIIIINE! ALL MIIIINEEEE!!! hehe...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found several of the Lite cartridges at one of my local Walmarts today. They didn't have all of them, but did have about 12. I purchased 7 of them. Even with just the one Feature there is a lot of variety you can achieve. Using the Design Studio further expands what you can do with these cartridges.

Yes they do come with a laminated quad fold card showing how you put the images together.

One thing I also like, is the quad fold card is in English! Not a bunch of foreign languages you have to weed through.

I didn't find them at 2 other Walmarts in my area. According to the e-mail I received from Cricut, they are available as of July 1.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Checked my walmart yesterday to see if they had any but none yet. I guess they are waiting till July 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I agree. Also, didn't I hear that Walmart was downsizing their scrapbooking department? I wonder why PC would choose them to carry an exclusive line of cartridges then. Oh, well, I won't be buying them for $39 in any case.
I think they completely did away with craft dept (except some sewing stuff/some basic kid craft/yard. I just got back from our local one and there is nothing that resembles scrapbooking (unless it is in a different location since the store is going through the remodel).

I looked at the link someone had posted I think I would buy two of these Lite carts - Dude (since I have two boys) and Cupcake (wish my boys were younger so I could actually buy this one).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

our scrapbooking is over by the greeting cards now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I think $39 is horrible. I've paid less for almost all of my full size carts that have WAY more than 50 something images on them. And I absolutely HATE exclusives. No competition means the prices will not come down unless they go on clearance.
ditto ditto ditto
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Anyone sighted these in Canada? If so, what's the price? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Our local Wal-mart has all their scrapbooking items on clearance, and I mean all of it. I figured they were doing away with that whole department also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

I don't think anyone pays MSRP for the full carts, so using that price as a comparison factor really isn't valid. Even without a Black Friday sale or some such, full carts can regularly be found for $30-40, even the new ones. EBay deals are even better. I can't remember the last time I paid over $26 for a cart.

The Lite and seasonal mini carts are not a good deal when compared to the full carts. Because they are usually sold for their MSRP or, perhaps, a few dollars less in the case of the minis, their real-world price (the price most of us actually pay) is 2 or 3 times the cost of a full cart when you look at the number of cuts you're getting per dollar.

Obviously, they're a good deal when compared to a die or punch, but that's really an apples-to-oranges comparison, IMO.

The sticking point with the Lite carts is that they're only being sold by WM (or by eBayers who are buying at WM and then reselling after a hefty mark-up). WM isn't a discount store like Big Lots, and they rarely have sales on their scrapbooking items. The Lite carts are being sold at MSRP.

Some lucky folks have bought the Lite carts at WM for $20-29. Those individual stores apparently priced the Lites as clearance items, like the full carts. Judging from posts on the Cricut MB, WMs across the country have been clearancing nearly everything in their scrapbooking aisles, including Cricut carts, for months. I know this is true for the WMs near me. Unfortunately, the WM near me that has the Lite carts did not mis-mark them. Darn.

There are some Lite carts I'd like to have, but I'm not paying $40 for them. I'll wait until they're sold by another retailer (exclusive carts rarely stay exclusive forever) or go on sale at WM.

I wonder if PC realizes they have excluded the majority of their international sales. I'm told the WMs in Canada have minimal, if any, scrapbooking items. The UK gals don't even have WMs. Yes, WM bought a chain of stores over there (ASDA), but they kept the ASDA name and don't carry WM products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

I am extremely disappointed in PC selecting ONLY Walmart to distribute the new Lite cartridges. This eliminates any choice where you buy your products and the price you pay for it. I usually buy from small retail owners on the web where sale prices are often offered. I think it stinks. I can not justify paying $40 for a limited cart. Is there anyone else out there that feels like I do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, from what I understand the Lite cartridges are only going to be carried in Super Walmarts (those that have a car care center). I read this somewhere, but truly can't remember where.

I did find many of them in one of the Walmarts near my home, but not in the one that has no car care center.

The price is $39 and yes there are only 50 images showing on the back of the plastic box. BUT......that is rather deceiving. If when you open the box (once you pay for it and own it), you discover that in essence, you do get many more options and images than first thought. The main image has a shift option as does the Creative Feature key. So in reality, you are getting 200 images if you utilize all the options available. In my opinion, if you use the Design Studio, you can even further expand the options.

I only purchased 7 of those offered in the store at the time, but plan to go back for a few others I am interested in.

I only found one that was disappointing due to what I discovered the minimum size the images needed to be cut in. Most on that particular cartridge would not fit on an A2 or A7 card without some creative thinking out of the box option. So in the end, I am able to use it using that creative thinking out of the box.

I do feel they could have done away with the hard plastic box and given more thought to a bit of written instruction. The laminated card is a bit deceiving since it means differently for different cartridges.

I agree with others, I have never paid more than $49 for any full cartridge and most have been under $36 with some even $36.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

$39 dollars is high for these. They are called Cricut LITES meaning they have less fonts and images to cut. And if they are exclusive to Walmart there will never be a 40% like at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I LOVE the cartridges but will probably pass on them because of the price. What is PC thinking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

My Super Wal-mart has grouped all leftover scrapbooking items in the clearance aisles, including the $39 Lite cartridges in baskets. I'm going back for Wild Card ($34). I'm waiting till I see all June's new releases before I buy my Lite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

they are not just for super walmarts - they are going to be in all types of walmarts. i doubt it was PCs idea to do this. more likely walmart went to them and requested it and made if more than worth their while. companies do this ALL the time. i love them and am more than happy to pay the price to get them. i kind of feel more like the reason i only paid the lower price for the full carts is because despite being full i rarely actually used or even understood alot of the creative features on the cart - i bought them for the main images and maybe 1 or 2 creative features - so to me this is the same thing. of course this is not true for EVERY cartridge but most of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

I was not passing my comment as God's Law. It was something I read and also have found to be true in the 3 Walmarts in my driving area. I cleared myself by saying I read it so please don't quote me on the comment.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I was not passing my comment as God's Law. It was something I read and also have found to be true in the 3 Walmarts in my driving area. I cleared myself by saying I read it so please don't quote me on the comment.

Patti

no biggie - just letting folks know to keep checking in all the walmarts. a good way to find out what walmart near you has them is to call walmart - 800 walmart - and have them look it up for you. then when you go to that store you may need to talk to the manager as the general CS people have no idea what you are talking about :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post

Meow Cart post

)
I tell ya what I LOVE is your blog. I am so glad I saw your reply so I could click on over there. And now I'm a subscriber!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansggView Post
I tell ya what I LOVE is your blog. I am so glad I saw your reply so I could click on over there. And now I'm a subscriber!!
awww how very sweet of you to say! i LOVE doing the blog but it really makes my day when i hear someone else likes it too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

As someone who works at out local Walmart, I can tell you that not all of the stores are discontinuing the scrapbooking section. We are a small store, in a fairly small town. No salon, eye care, grocery, car care(TLE), photo...nothing but the basics and a pharmacy. They are totally revamping our sections and they started setting it today. The papers that I have seen so far are very nice, fairly good weight, and white core. Looks like tons of new stickers and embellishments, but not sure what else since they had just started it and only had a couple sections completed. I do know that they have been reconfiguring the departments a bit and now some of what was the stationary (party supplies) is now grouped with the fabrics and crafts department. So, maybe there is a bit of hope that some of the other stores will end up with a whole new section.
And as far as PC doing an exclusive launch, that is the same thing Martha did with Micheals and now she is all over the place so while it may be a bit before they offer them elsewhere, it could happen. Plus, this may be something new that PC wanted to try and offered it to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

The two Wals I have been to recently have had big clearance in the Scrapbooking row. I did talk to an associate at one, and she said they are just clearing out things for when new stuff comes in. Whew- there are no craft stores within 45 minutes!

One walmart did have WAY more cricut lite carts tho. LIke 20! I didn't look to close cuz I don't have a machine.

I did get some good MS stuff on clearance tho...

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

well, i'm a little worried about my walmart!
to begin with it is a small one, the biggest dept is food!
they have one isle of kids crafts, one for sewing, and one for scrappin....well the one for scrapping is almost ALL on clearance!

all the cricut products, and i mean ALL is on clearance too...machines, cutting mats, tools, cartridges....ALL of it!!!! GASP......does this mean there will be nothing cricut soon?

any one elses like this?

and of course there is never anyone around to ask, since its so small i doubt they even assign anyone to it each day

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Holly,
that is what I found at one of the Wals near me. The employee assured me it is NOT going away, they are just getting new stuff.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #34  
Glitter Queen

Default on ebay

did you guys know that people are selling these lite cartidges on ebay anywhere from $40-$60. Why would you pay that if you could get them at Walmart for $39. I agree, I haven't bought any of my cartridges for more than $35...but I think some of them are REALLY cute. Would love to buy some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenncagsView Post
did you guys know that people are selling these lite cartidges on ebay anywhere from $40-$60. Why would you pay that if you could get them at Walmart for $39. I agree, I haven't bought any of my cartridges for more than $35...but I think some of them are REALLY cute. Would love to buy some!
you'd pay that if you don't have a walmart to shop at Well, i mean, not YOU, per se... but people would
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 04:23 AM   #36  
Glitter Queen

Reading all your comments make me jealous.... All our Cricut cartridges are $89+ if you are lucky enough to find a scrapbook store that is a cricut authorised re-seller. We have no chain store that sells them. Our cricut stuff is NEVER on sale... The lite cart's never get released in Australia... {sigh}...
Reply With Quote Likes