View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #73
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsy_em View Post
...but had to pay $31.24 in GST, PST and handling. The postman said I won the duties lottery. I said, "How's that?" He said sometimes you get picked for it and other times not. Gee, thanks! NOT. Luckily the CDN dollar is worth a few cents more than the U.S. dollar right now. ...
I've been reading along with the thread since when I first started stamping I wanted to order from PTI but didn't because of the high shipping costs. I'm another one that won't order from an online company that ships with UPS. Their brokerage fees are rediculous and its insult to injury after paying the shipping prices. They basically hold your purchases ransom. I had to order a part from the states for our TV and had to pay $60 brokerage on top of the $30 shipping a couple years ago. Needless to say I was really PO'd with the company since they didn't tell me they were using UPS since the last time I ordered from them it came regular post and I didn't have to pay any extras. I don't order from a lot of online companies, but I'm very selective and choose only those that have reasonable shipping costs AND offer the choice to ship USPS.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!