Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hobby Lobby HELP!!!

I am in need of the Hobby Lobby ad from 1/3/10 - 1/9/10 to prove them wrong. It's a long story. If somebody has the email campaign or a scan of the paper. Please help!!! Thanks in advance!!

http://lilcraftdiddles.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Here's a page with all the coupons that were out for the various weeks...but the actual coupons are removed. (scroll down to the date) It does show what the coupon was for...will that help?
http://www.coupongreat.com/detail/ho...FRHxDAodBg-HAA
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh -- trying to return something??? yep, they will not without a receipt. And, of course, what I want to return they do not carry anymore...anyone need Xyron Laminate????? 500 series????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I am actually trying to GET a product that I already paid for. When I brought it home it was an empty box. THey didn't have anymore in stock so I had them give me a rain check. Now they are trying to tell me that there is no way that they had this product on sale for 24.99. Which is what both my receipt and raincheck say. I just want what I paid for.

Thanks for the help. I just need a scan of the full ad.

Last edited by hellobubbles; 05-06-2010 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I don't know why I save some emails and not others. Maybe this will help? I can forward you the email.

Last edited by BillieDee; 12-14-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

This is GREAT!!!! Thank you Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope this works and they don't think I made this up on my computer :P

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I'm so glad! Let me know if you'd like me to email the ad to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I have found more than once that some managers at Hobby Lobby have attitudes that I doubt their founder would approve of if he knew about it. I would like to hear how this comes out. Though I buy alot there, I am very careful these days having once had a transaction "denied" on my debit card, only to get home and find it went through on the bank account. When I took the printout from the bank back to them, the woman at the register even remembered me and called the manager to the front.

He went, got his print outs from the night before, showed it there but still wouldn't refund my money even though the cashier said "But I remember her, she didn't get her merchandise because it said declined when I ran the card?" I never did the $13.79 (and yes, this was back in '06 and I still remember the amount!) and I boycotted them for several years. I was most amazed that the manager wouldn't even listen to his own employee! (My card declined because of another long story, unbeknownst to me Bank of America had put a hold on my card due to some fraudulent charges that had run through so they were trying to protect me without me knowing it. Little did they know at the time, HL was also fraudulently using my card by taking my money and refusing me merchandise!)

I'm over it now, sorta. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

WOW!!! That is quite the story. I am sorry that happened and you didn't even receive a refund OR your merchandise. That is ridiculous!!!

Here is the story:

Back in January I had boughten a slice machine for the sale price of $99 and about 5 slice design cards for $24.99 each. When I went home one of the boxes was just an empty box (it was the display). So 2 days later I go back to the store and explain to the cashier what had happened. She was going to give me an actual cartridge but they were out of stock in that particular design card. So I received a raincheck for 24.99 for the design cartridge (my idea) and walked out with the empty box and receipt. When I received the raincheck the cashier told me I would receive a call when the design card came in stock. Well, it's now May and I had yet to receive a call. So I go to Hobby Lobby with my receipt and empty box and ask to see if they had any of the cartridges in stock. Well, since my receipt was more than 2 months old they had to call a manager over. I was fine with that I totally understand why they had to call him over. So he then calls the scrapbooking dept head over and ask her if they had ever had cartridges on sale for 24.99 she says no they are usually a percentage off. I was FLOORED!!! I said that I did have a raincheck and that I didn't have it with me. He said that he was fine with me bringing the rain check in and then accused me of finding the receipt outside and getting the display box from inside the store and asking for a cartridge. He also accused me of making the actual box b/c the display only sticker wasn't on the front of it (it was on the back). I was so INSULTED!!! He then said that he was going to have to check with his regional manager to see if he could do the refund (of course the reg.manager wasn't there that day). He also said it would be better if I had the raincheck. So I drive ALL the way home go find the raincheck and drive ALL the way back the same day. Get there talk to the manager. He then accuses me of forging the raincheck because whoever filled it out didn't fill it out correctly. (how am I supposed to know how they are supposed to be filled out, that is the cashiers job to know that NOT me, the customer). He just kept saying that he had to talk to his regional manager about it. I told him to call him. If he was a regional manager he should be on call for situations such as this. He refused. I then became irate. I told him that I brought ALL the documentation I have and you asked for in order to get my product and that I didn't appreciate him calling me a liar and a thief. He then said did I day those words? I said no but you certainly eluded to them. He then began to mock me saying that HE is staying calm and didn't understand why I was getting so upset. He then took my empty box, receipt and raincheck and began to walk away. I then said excuse me but I paid 24.99 for that empty box and I intend to keep it. I then said the hours that I work and asked what the reg. managers hours were. He then said the SAME hours that I work so I said that that was REALLY convenient. The manager then said that yes, my manager works to inconvenience you. I WAS SO IRATE at this point I said you'll see me tomorrow and I will call before I come to make SURE the reg. manager will be here.

I was so upset I had to sit in my car 10min to calm myself down before driving, I was SO mad that I was crying.

Day 2: I call hobby lobby first thing in the morning and ask to talk to the reg. manager. Confirm the hours that he would be available and tell him what time I would be there. SO I get to hobby lobby, explain to the reg. manager the situation and so he got me a new cartridge but didn't want to hear ANYTHING about the manager being rude to me and how insulted I was. Whenever I brought it up the reg. manager said that the manager was just doing his job to protect the company. He said that SO many times during the conversation that I again became irate and told him that I will NEVER shop at that Hobby Lobby again. He then, to be a smart-alec, said I hope to see you soon- as I was walking out the door. I then said you won't and left. It was SO ridiculous that I was seriously looking for the candid cameras to come out. And I told the manager that. It was SO STUPIDLY....just I don't even have a word for it!!!

Whatever happened to customer service???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After reading this whole story, I am amazed you kept your cool as well as you did.

Hobby Lobby stores originated here in Oklahoma City where I live, and we have 5 stores in driving distance of my home. I love their merchandise and shop there frequently.

That said, I have had some experiences with their clerks that have disappointed me, too. None as blatant as what happened to you though.

What I find strange about these Hobby Lobby stories is the fact that they make a point of letting people know they are a "Christian" company, closed on Sunday to allow employees to go to church, etc. No insult to Christians intended here, just toward Hobby Lobby for using reliqion to appeal to customers, and then not following through in how they deal with their customers.

Any return I have made, no matter how small the amount, with a proper receipt, requires filling out elaborate paperwork and waiting for a manager to come and initial the receipt. There seems to be an attitude in the stores that they don't trust ANYONE, not even their clerks who are refunding a couple of dollars to a customer with a receipt!

You know the saying, "It comes from the top." If the clerks and other employees are treated as though they can't be trusted to refund $1 without pulling a "fast one" and somehow cheating the store, I think they then carry that attitude over to how they respond to and treat the customers, too.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I have to add my experiences though I'm sorry you had such bad ones. I have 2 HLs within a few minutes of me. My fav is the Mo City, Tx location. They bend over backwards to help. I've never had problems with returns or sale items. The managers seem to go out of their way to make it a positive experience. Let me go a step further - she will order items for me if they've run out or I if want a different model than they're currently ordering (like nestabilities). Once I received a CB die as a gift that I already had. I had no idea where it was purchased. This HL let me exchange it for one I didn't have - and that was before I got to know the manager.

I think you should write to their corporate office. I can't imagine that they condone such behavior.

Okay - I do wish they were open on Sunday but I can deal with that inconvenience. *grin*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

That's great that you found a craft store that will treat you as well as you HL does. I think all stores should do that for their customers but unfortunately not all HL and stores are alike. I'm not saying I won't shop at HL, just that one location in particular. Thanks for all your feedback and I am in the beginning stages of writing a letter to the corporate office

Okay - I do wish they were open on Sunday but I can deal with that inconvenience. *grin*

I second that

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I can tell you from personal experience that, when these things happen, you need to contact their home/corporate office. Every time I've done that, I've gotten positive results. I never bother arguing with cashiers or managers who become rude and disrespectful. In fact, I have been known to do some research online and actually email CEOs directly. Also, if I paid for something but never received it, I would call the police right then and there. We as consumers should never allow ourselves to be treated disrespectfully. The reason people like this get away with this behavior is that many people don't bother. I hope you get everything straightened out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Google it, find out who the highest person you can find is, contact them and NAME NAMES.

Please.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I can tell you from personal experience that, when these things happen, you need to contact their home/corporate office. Every time I've done that, I've gotten positive results. I never bother arguing with cashiers or managers who become rude and disrespectful. In fact, I have been known to do some research online and actually email CEOs directly. Also, if I paid for something but never received it, I would call the police right then and there. We as consumers should never allow ourselves to be treated disrespectfully. The reason people like this get away with this behavior is that many people don't bother. I hope you get everything straightened out.
Yep. I just emailed both the CEO and the President of Marketing for Sirius Radio last week over something that I was getting nowhere with Customer Service. Corporate Customer Relations was on the phone with me within an hour of the email.

The trick to this is it that the email/letter has to be strictly factual and non-emotional or it can easily be dismissed as over-reaction. It took me a few hours and much deleting to compose my email to Sirius.

In the end I am no longer a customer of Sirius because they could/would not meet my conditions. But, I do have my money back, and I know that the higher-ups know why I am no longer a customer.

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617View Post
Yep. I just emailed both the CEO and the President of Marketing for Sirius Radio last week over something that I was getting nowhere with Customer Service. Corporate Customer Relations was on the phone with me within an hour of the email.

The trick to this is it that the email/letter has to be strictly factual and non-emotional or it can easily be dismissed as over-reaction. It took me a few hours and much deleting to compose my email to Sirius.

In the end I am no longer a customer of Sirius because they could/would not meet my conditions. But, I do have my money back, and I know that the higher-ups know why I am no longer a customer.

You are so right about sticking to the facts and not losing your temper. I had a similar situation with the Dish Network last summer; and, after getting nowhere with CS and "managers," I contacted the CEO and got a call from his office the very next day. My letter was strong but not over-the-top.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

I am so sorry to hear about the bad experiences with HL. It's especially disappointing when a Christian company gets bad publicity.

Just goes to show that even Christians (assuming the manager and/or Regional manager are) can make mistakes! What was the saying on that bumper sticker? Christians aren't perfect. They're just forgiven?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

I've gone on HL boycotts. The lines are always ridiculously long, they are constantly stocking aisles, so you can't go down them. No one ever says hello or how I can help. More than half the time, I know their ad better than they do. I hate it.

I know people have plenty of Michaels horror stories as well, but our Michaels is fairly new (about 2 years) and they are always much more helpful. I haven't boycotted them once.

I can't believe a manager would treat you that way. I mean, you're going to go to all that trouble for $24.99? Really. I assume you shop there with some regularity - what a poor way to treat a loyal customer. I would certainly let their head offices know what happened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in IndyView Post
I am so sorry to hear about the bad experiences with HL. It's especially disappointing when a Christian company gets bad publicity.

Just goes to show that even Christians (assuming the manager and/or Regional manager are) can make mistakes! What was the saying on that bumper sticker? Christians aren't perfect. They're just forgiven?
Hmmm. Not certain that this IS bad publicity or just a crafter asking for help after she has been called a liar by a store. Shouldn't matter whether the store is Christian or not. She has a legal right to the product she purchased and has yet to receive. She also has a right to expect to be treated courteously without wild, unsubstantiated allegations.

Contact the CEO and copy it to your State's Attorney General's office too.

Hobby Lobby shouldn't be relying upon their department managers to "remember" ads and offers. They should have a file of them (hard or electronic) to cross reference. Its basic business practice. This is their failure not the customer's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Also, if I paid for something but never received it, I would call the police right then and there.
Good luck with that. When I worked retail and the security folks were in the midst of trying to stop a shoplifter running from the store, the manager directed me to call 911. So I did, and the dispatcher said "Ma'am, is this a retail theft situation? Because that's not an emergency. Someone will be out there when they can."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Good luck with that. When I worked retail and the security folks were in the midst of trying to stop a shoplifter running from the store, the manager directed me to call 911. So I did, and the dispatcher said "Ma'am, is this a retail theft situation? Because that's not an emergency. Someone will be out there when they can."
That's pretty much why I said notify the state's AG - they deal with these things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

I would do both. I worked in retail too; and when we had shoplifters, the police were always called and sent someone pretty quickly. And no one would keep my money if I didn't get the merchandise. I would make such a scene that they would probably call the police on me.

Last edited by Scrapjanny; 05-13-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

On the subject of HL being a Christian store... They can be a Christian business but they can'y hire all Christian employees or that would be a certrain discriminatory hiring - a no-no. So while they may be a Christian company, their employee will most likely not be. So I would do what everyone else has mentioned, and that is to take it hire up the totem pole on to the company itself. I'm sure you will get a better attitude and help. Because I think the two managers probably emailed eacho ther or let the other know what was going on and probably "banded" together before you arrived so you wouldn't get far with them anyway.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

sheesh! I can spell and write better then that! I apologize! My Mother would be horified

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

(405) 745-1100

After reading all of the posts here in the thread I want to offer my help...I am a former Assistant Manager with Hobby Lobby (about 2-3 years ago)...don't throw tomatoes...As a previous manager I have some info that I know has not changed since I left(then again I can only speak of the store near me...I still know many who work there)...

First, in our store we kept all "old" ads in a binder in the back office...some of the ads went back a few years.

(405) 745-1100

Second, just because it is a "Christian" store that was NOT a requirement to become a manager or Regional Manager...many of those managers I knew were from other retail establishments and their "bad habits" toward customers were never realigned with the image of the company...(nicest way for me to put it).

(405) 745-1100

Third, they may give you Sundays off...but work the life out of you the rest of the time...there were days I missed getting my kids from daycare, etc because of a huge workload (that is a venting sidenote...sorry)...and

(405) 745-1100

Lastly, Hobby Lobby does/did have a fantastic customer service based in OK or where ever...I have even had to call them after leaving the company for an ad they had posted regarding pads of paper in scrapbooking...they never excluded the Cricut pads...but there was no sign either...when I asked for the discount I was refused by a dept manager that I previously managed...I promptly returned home called the corporate offices and was able to go back an hour later and buy the pad of paper...lucky for me it is only 5 minutes from home. Plus I wanted to prove a point.

(405) 745-1100

I was previously a manager at Crate&Barrel...and I was taught to listen and help the customer to the best of your ability...If you think about it...they are arguing with you over a $24.99 item that will cost them much higher in the end...I would have given you the item already and gotten you on your crafting way...

(405) 745-1100

Anyway...sorry so long to post...you NEED TO CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICES (405) 745-1100!!!!!! Do not waste your time or energy with the store or district manager any longer...they do not care whether you ever come back...they are not educated on what the "cost" of a customer is to them...you can tell that if your HL has lines like ours on a busy Sat...many people I see leave their stuff and walk out.

I have actually weaned myself off of the HL addiction I once had...I now shop a local scrapbook store with a more than adequate selection...

Just in case you needed the number...(405) 745-1100
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love your post Debbie! :lol: and glad to hear that it isn't a company thing and that they should have looked at their own ads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Frankly I too have given up on Hobby Lobby. It's a bit further to drive for me, they never seemed to have what I was looking for and being closed on Sundays created some real issues since I do most of my crafting on the weekends. However, the strat that broke the camel's back was when I went to the store to buy some Nestabilities. The only have samples on display and you need to have an employee get you the actual product from the stockroom. I had found 3 sets that I wanted to buy. I look all around the area for an employee but came up empty handed. Went to the front and waited in line for 5 minutes to ask the 1 cashier who was up front if she could help to get the product. Shen had to call a manager who took her jolly good time coming up to assist me, only to have her tell me that someone from the scrapbooking department would need to assist me. Now for the kicker, the manager then proceeded to tell me that the scrapbook employee would not be in for another 1/2 hour- yes, she actually expected me to wai around for another 1/2 to purchase over $75 worth of merchandise. I politely told the manger that she was off her rocker if she thought I was going to hang around their store waiting for them to decide they's like to make a sale and walked out empty handed. Haven't been back since!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

i think all stores can have employees who dont give a fig about customers....

i hadnt been to our local HL for over a month (they dont carry what i now want...just mostly basic stuff).....went in yesterday and the manager actually stopped me and said "haven't seen you in awhile, nice to have you back !". i was impressed.

that was sweet.....but then i thought, wow ! i must be in there waaaaay too much....probably bought all the stuff they sell and now need online stores to satisfy my growing addiction !! yikes

hickory, north carolina

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on the store, doesn't it? My local Hobby Lobby in Warner Robins, GA, has a wonderful manager, kind and helpful employees and the store is always neat as a pin. The assistant manager is also excellent and accomodating. There is usually a line on the weekends, but they also have four (or more) registers open and the flow is good. When really loading up on stuff they ask if I need help getting anything to the car! I recently went to a stamping get together and the manager's wife attended, she was very charming and humorous. They are church goers and really seem to exhibit genuine Christian values. We called her Mrs. Hobby Lobby. I have been absolutely thrilled with the service levels at this store and by far prefer it to the local Michaels.

Organizations always take their tone from the top. A bad manager almost always results in bad attitudes and bad service percolating down through the ranks. I think the people at head office know this and that is why they are so responsive to systemic problems like this. I am really glad to be one of the lucky ones with a great manager!
Reply With Quote Likes