View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #14
NancyK.
Pearl-ExPert

I looked closer at my air compressor (and I actually kept the original box!). It is a "Central Pneumatic 1/8HP oilless airbrush compressor with regulator". It is model #93657 and the box says it is distributed exclusively by Harbor Frieght.
It has an adjustable pressure regulator, just in case you don't need the full 50lbs of pressure, a universal 1/8" air outlet (which is what you need for copics) and a 10ft coiled air line. It is small enough to fit on my desk, but I keep it on the floor under my desk.
I've seen and used the more expensive a/c's in classes and I can tell you the biggest difference between those and the one I have is the noise level. The one I have is noisier, but you can talk over it. (In the video link I provided in an earlier post I turn the machine on so you can hear how loud it is - you can still hear me in the video over the noise). The very expensive ones are much more quieter but (imho) not worth 3 times the price. I noticed no difference in the actual use of my machine over the more expensive ones - they both worked well with the copic airbrush system.
Hope this helps!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!