Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Toowoomba, Australia

Hi. I have been a member since Aug '08 but only ever searched the galleries. I started stamping at the same time and love SU. & this site was recommended to me by a SU demo. Had a visit to the Dr yesterday and was told I have high blood pressure (which explains the head spins) and I have to have complete rest 'til i go back to see him on monday. So I decided to login here and have a look around. So far I have managed to add a picture to my profile, add a signature, and found out about 'cardstock collector' (spent a bit of time trying to see if I could change that!!! :rolleyes. The best bit is I have come across the buy/sell/trade forum. So i have been chasing up some SU stamp sets that aren't available here. This is a great site and I'm looking forward to discovering lots of exciting info,projects and 'stuff'.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Well done! And welcome to the forum from across the ditch. I was also introduced to this forum by my SU demonstrator and I spent some time looking at the amazing cards and techniques before actually posting anything. Now I am hooked!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi. Yeah it's amazing how what you can learn in a few hrs. Really getting the hang of navigating around the site. And i think after this post I get promoted to 'Glitter Queen' yaah!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 156 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Welcome home -- g
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:50 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramMcCaulView Post
Welcome home -- g
Hi. Yeah I was doing that when it came to downloading picture. Took a couple of goes but finally got it. Still got to learn all the acronyms but I think I am catching up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailjjView Post
Hi. Yeah I was doing that when it came to downloading picture. Took a couple of goes but finally got it. Still got to learn all the acronyms but I think I am catching up.
I just realised you were'nt telling me to 'read instructions'. That's ur signature!!!LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi and welcome to SCS. You will really enjoy viewing the various creators of wonderful crafts. The site is full of inspiration and creativity. I am from the other side of the world in Canada and have met some great people via this website. Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaygee47View Post
Hi and welcome to SCS. You will really enjoy viewing the various creators of wonderful crafts. The site is full of inspiration and creativity. I am from the other side of the world in Canada and have met some great people via this website. Karen
Hi Karen. I'm just sitting in front of the tv and watching winter olympics. Canada is on my wish list of places to visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailjjView Post
Hi Karen. I'm just sitting in front of the tv and watching winter olympics. Canada is on my wish list of places to visit.
Looks really cold over there at the moment...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #11  
shbirkwood

Smile Welcom & Hello!

Well, I just joined maybe about 2 weeks ago, and this is my first comment. I thought I would start by reading what other newcomers are saying. I have been stamping for a looooooong time -just here and there. And I decided to start a blog this year to get more involved. I'm over on the other side of NZ, in America, Washington state. Have yet to post a picture -love to use my dogs for that kink of thing, but I just might post one of me this time! Been to Australia once -sort of! We were on our way to New Zealand, and because we checked in 2 hours ahead, not 3 hours -they gave our seats away! So, the only way to get us to NZ, was to send us to Oz, then on to NZ after a brief lay-over. Great trip though! I use a lot of SU supplies too -love them. And, I learned by reading your post about the trade/buy/sell section of the forum. I will have to check that out. Welcome to you and me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Welcome to SCS. Happy to have you here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Hi!! I'm in Brisbane so not far away! I too sent a few years looking at the galleries, before even venturing to the forums side!!

Enjoy and best of luck with the doctors on Monday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,492 Posts
Smile

Sending you a very warm welcome to SCS Forums!!
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you started posting! I hope your doctor's visit goes well and he tells you to stamp more to lower your blood pressure! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #16  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Hiii Gail!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by shbirkwoodView Post
Well, I just joined maybe about 2 weeks ago, and this is my first comment. I thought I would start by reading what other newcomers are saying. I have been stamping for a looooooong time -just here and there. And I decided to start a blog this year to get more involved. I'm over on the other side of NZ, in America, Washington state. Have yet to post a picture -love to use my dogs for that kink of thing, but I just might post one of me this time! Been to Australia once -sort of! We were on our way to New Zealand, and because we checked in 2 hours ahead, not 3 hours -they gave our seats away! So, the only way to get us to NZ, was to send us to Oz, then on to NZ after a brief lay-over. Great trip though! I use a lot of SU supplies too -love them. And, I learned by reading your post about the trade/buy/sell section of the forum. I will have to check that out. Welcome to you and me!
Hi & welcome. Like you (sort of) I have had a visit to the US. It was 18yrs ago (almost to the day actually) I was 3months pregnant with my 'baby' who turns 18 in July. Won a trip over there. We went to L.A, Las Vegas, Orlando, overnighter in Nashville, Memphis (i'm an elvis fan) and an overnighter in San Fran. before flying out to head home. Fell in love with San.Fran and would love to go back there. Thanks for the 'luck'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLadyView Post
Glad you started posting! I hope your doctor's visit goes well and he tells you to stamp more to lower your blood pressure! :mrgreen:
Yeah!!! Sounds good to me. What a pity I will have to go back to work after it is all sorted. Still better to be healthy and able to work than not
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Gail. I live near you!! I'm down in the valley near Gatton in an area called Ropeley. I've just moved here from Gatton just before Christmas. I've been stamping for a few years now. Was an SU demo for a while, but have interests in other areas now. Do you have any get togethers with other stampers? You're welcome to drop by here for some stamping fun.

Good luck with learning how the site works!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Hi Gail. I live near you!! I'm down in the valley near Gatton in an area called Ropeley. I've just moved here from Gatton just before Christmas. I've been stamping for a few years now. Was an SU demo for a while, but have interests in other areas now. Do you have any get togethers with other stampers? You're welcome to drop by here for some stamping fun.

Good luck with learning how the site works!!
Hi Theresa. My sister & her family live in Gatton!!. Sometimes a couple of my girlfriends & i get together, but it is hard, because I live here & they live in Laidley and Ipswich & we all work. And my friends up here aren't into any crafty things at all!!!
I don't know that I have heard of Ropeley before. Where is it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm over the hill from Laidley, if your looking towards Toowoomba. You may be more familiar with Tenthill or Mount Sylvia, which are nearby. I live out on a farm. I do traffic Control and I've been doing a lot of work out of the Laidley Depot. Takes me about 15 mins to get there - lots of windy country backroads. LOL.

Thats what is good about community forums, there is always some one to stamp with, even if it is online. Today I'm joining in on the Virtual Stamp Night that is going on as we speak. It's lots of fun and fasted paced. We're all feverishly working on the chalenges that are set every hour. It's not too late to join in if you want. Closing time for upload is mon US time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
I'm over the hill from Laidley, if your looking towards Toowoomba. You may be more familiar with Tenthill or Mount Sylvia, which are nearby. I live out on a farm. I do traffic Control and I've been doing a lot of work out of the Laidley Depot. Takes me about 15 mins to get there - lots of windy country backroads. LOL.

Thats what is good about community forums, there is always some one to stamp with, even if it is online. Today I'm joining in on the Virtual Stamp Night that is going on as we speak. It's lots of fun and fasted paced. We're all feverishly working on the chalenges that are set every hour. It's not too late to join in if you want. Closing time for upload is mon US time.
Hi Theresa. Not up to doing too much at the moment (see original message) that is why i am just cruising around checking out different forums. And I wouldn't class myself as an 'experienced' stamper. Sometimes it takes me longer to do a card than it does a scrapbook page. Once I get my health sorted out, I will definitely be looking into joining in on some virtual challenges. I have got some photos of cards I have done (on my computer somewhere) that I have been thinking about putting in the gallery. That will be a thrill. Like 'a first showing' sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi, a warm welcome to you from a freezing cold Scotland!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's been a while since I've been to Toowoomba it was on the indoor cricket play list when the boys played 5(?) yrs ago, we had a 9am game so stayed the sat and night and left after our cricket game.
Also many yrs back used to go through on the way to Meandarra to friends that owned a farm that way.

My mum is here (OzGran) and she mostly checks out the galleries and plays a few games, this is her first forum and she's still working things out. She's just moved back to the coast from Beaudesert.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone, I'm very new at this so I hope I don't make to bg a fool of myself and thats not hard to do. I've not long started this (computer as well) so I have been really interested in this forum. My daughter has got me started so I hope I don't embarrass her either.Looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone, I'm very new at this so I hope I don't make to bg a fool of myself and thats not hard to do. I've not long started this (computer as well) so I have been really interested in this forum. My daughter has got me started so I hope I don't embarrass her either.Looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #27  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzGranView Post
Hi & welcome from a very wet Toowoomba!!
Reply With Quote Likes