View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #46
terriboo
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
but if you just one a stamp, or two, or three Stamping Bella's shipping is equally outrageous to the US (as PTI is to CA buyers).
NOT defending or taking sides as I have purchased stamps from all over the world......but Stampingbella ships UPS (like Stampin'Up) which automatically has tracking and brokerage fees/insurance built into the cost...(just a little perspective, a 20$ shipping charge from SU gets me 200$ worth of product as 1-2 stamp sets from PTI for the same 20$). PTI ships USPS Priority which doesn't provide the same coverage and for some of us (depending on where the packages arrive from) have added taxes or duties as our Canadian Postal service often flag these for review....

I would also have to pay 10$ from Stampingbella for small orders under $50 (we are only 7 hours away in the next Province) but again it's UPS vs regular mail. I know am paying more for the service but can track the package and it gets delivered to my door the very next day.

The most surprising shipping rates I found are from Europe. Even with the strong Euro vs the Dollar, most places charge only about 4-6$ to ship and I get my packages in record time. My most recent purchase from Scraposphere in France cost me $6 Canadian and came in exactly 1 week...same as orders from Whiff of Joy and Sugar Nellie....

It all comes down to the size of the business (what losses they can afford to absorb) and the Postal Services they have available to them.....

I am in the same boat wishing/dying to try PTI stamps and visit regularly hoping that they can find a way to ship to us here a little cheaper ...I totally respect their decision to use USPS Priority vs USPS Airmail as it's still a business and want to protect themselves....I still love the samples and will probably break down at some point