Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #1  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papertrey rant

I keep looking at the Papertrey site to see what people rave about. Haven't seen it yet.
My rant is that is it not inviting to NEW customers. The home page and the "Stamps hompage" doesn't answer any question a new customer might have. What are their stamps made of? How do they come? Mounted, not mounted, bare rubber, polymer, package? I for one am not spending any money on something that I can't see and can't get any info on. I can only see the silouette images. If I am missing all the other info, then the rant is that it is not obvious on the site.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Maybe this link will give you more of the info you are looking for:

http://www.papertreyink.com/stamp_infoandcare.html

Yes, they are acrylic stamps. They come unmounted, with a cd case for storage. I do enjoy their stamps, but LOVE their cardstock and buttons and accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hadn't noticed that it's any harder/easier to navigate than most websites, although I can find the information faster than I can on other sites (so I guess it's easier for me?). I have yet to find any company's site that was super easy and informative at first glance. Some sites I won't ever go back to because they're so poorly set up. I definitely don't find that's the case with PTI. I guess maybe I've just spent more time playing around the site seeing what all's there that it's not so hard for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #4  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like the site!! I have to run out for the evening - but they even have galleries to give you ideas as to what to do with your stamp set. Their stamps are clear - stick well to acrylic blocks, and ink up and stamp really well! I've been very pleased with that.

The inks - I bought mine several months back did not thrill me. I did not find that they matched the paper as well as SU cardstock and inks do.

The paper was nice - love the vintage buttons. My only complaint? About a 20 minimum charge for shipping to Canada! Oh! That bites! But it does get here very fast. I wouldpurchase more from Papertrey except that the shipping prices are a lot to Canada.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #5  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

I really like their stamps but have to complain about the paper. The quality is great but can't seem to get it delivered without it being damaged during delivery. I actually sent one package back and had the replacement package also arrived damage. So I give up on buying paper from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Debi, I ordered twice from Paper Trey and both times I paid through the nose for shipping and both times my orders took longer than 4 weeks to get here. I love what they do but I would not buy since shipping to Canada is so high.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, but their stamps are so finely detailed! They are really lovely. Compare Mazel Tov, which I realize would not be on very many stampers list, to Su!'s simple and plain (boring) Jewish set. PTI's menorah and dreidle are works of art. And have you seen their Christmas sets?! What about Boards and Beams - so intricate. And their sentiments! You're really missing out by getting hung up on their website.

I urge you to search for cards using their sets - I think you'll get a different perspective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

It's not really too hard to find info about their stamps on their website. On the main Papertrey homepage, you click Stamps. Then on the Stamps homepage you click About Our Stamps. That's pretty easy and logical.

The stamps are high-quality photopolymer stamps packaged with CD cases you can use for storage.

For the last good while (a year?), their cardstock has come packaged with protective cardboard around the ends, so there aren't any bent corners.

Also, the Papertrey design team is fabulous, and they all post projects on their blogs, sometimes with pictures or videos. This is a great wealth of project ideas.

Here is a link to Nichole's blog, and from it you can access all the DT blogs:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/

The PTI gallery can be frustrating to use, but that is in work to be revamped. Actually, I think their store website will be redone shortly also, possibly for the Feb 15 release.

PTI stamps and cardstock are fabulous!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

the stamps home page includes a link titled "About our Stamps", which takes you to the info linked by the earlier poster above.

So I do think the rant is a little unfair. I have navigated far worse sites. This one isn't bad imo, but respect the fact that you have your own opinion about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #10  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

Just for clarification my experience with damaged paper packs was this summer and yes they did package the paper ends with cardboard. However, my first package of paper was damaged on the side where probably the shipping machines or another box crushed the side. Papertrey sent a replacement pack, but sent it in an cardboard envelope, not a box, so it was damaged again. Their refund policy is that they pay up to 5 dollars of the shipping. So I ended up spending 4 bucks out of my pocket to get a replacement pack that was damaged as badly as the first pack.

But on a positive note...there stamps are great and I have several that I am planning on ordering. I just won't be buying paper from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In the beginning ALL the paper I bought from them had bent corners (came with the protective cardboard too). More recently though, the corners are not as bent - I can bend them back. Before, the bent corners were unfixable - I had to round the corners. I did post a complaint on their forum. Probably lots of others did too, which is maybe why the current paper is not as bent. Even with the bent corners though, I love their papers enough to keep buying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, agree with most the comments above! Give them a chance. Order a set or two. Then, come back and give a review on the products itself...not the website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bent corners: Yall need to order TONS Of cardstock at once so your 16lb order comes in a huge case all packed tightly so no shifting or bent corners.

*kidding, I mean that's they way I've done it but I haven't gotten bent corners and of course they need to address that continually if it's going on*

I think Papertrey is a bit unique. They lend theirselves really well to the clean type of cards that I love to make. Lots of fresh designs. And I love high quality clear. The ink has not impressed me but they are redoing the inks, I have the white and cream and they both rock. I think I heard that the new inks will be that type. The cardstock is FAB. And I think it should appeal to people who love all the matching stuff, ribbons, cardstock, ink, buttons.

The main thing about Papertrey though is their Design Team. Nichole did herself a huge favor when she carefully selected her team.

Anyhow I really like them, I hope you give them a go. If not that's fine too, there are tons of really great companies out there for you to enjoy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Honestly, PTI is the only company I'm loyal to purchasing consistently besides Hero Arts. They are both high quality clear stamps and I think shipping is very reasonable. Their cardstock is the best! And the DT is amazing.. but I think the most important is the versatility and uniqueness of their designs.

Also, their customer service has improved a lot too. I'm not sure if they still do this, but they have a guarantee on their stamps, if a stamp gets damaged or you lose it, they will replace that stamp for you free of charge. You just pay s&h or none at all if you include it with a qualified free shipping purchase. Also, I had a missing stamp SET on my order last month and they sent me a replacement.

The only thing they need to vastly improve is their gallery and the setup of the Guest Star Stamper monthly contest, way too many loops to jump through the enter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I will admit that I'm not a fan of the website itself either. It can be cumbersome to navigate. However, their products are some of my favorites in my stamping arsenal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I forgot to say that one thing I really like about their website is that they make it easy to see lots of stamps side by side, where you can scroll through to see what catches your eye. From the main Stamps page, just click Images on the left. Here is a direct link:
http://www.papertreyink.com/stampsets_images.html
This is the first of four pages that show all their IMAGE sets. On the left you can also click Sentiments to see all their SENTIMENT sets. That's pretty convenient.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Next week I will have lots of money to buy stamp with and there are a few websites that I will not buy from as I cannot find what their stamps are made from. PTI I do know about as I have a couple of their stamps and I will buy more..
There are some website though that do not say how their stamps are mounted or not and if they are clear or rubber. I hate that and I don't order if they cannot post that info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #18  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Vee - i find their website a bit awkward as well. now that they've grown so big, it's tough to find a set i'm looking for if i don't know what it's called. their page of categories is LONG and a bit overwhelming.... so none of my searches are ever quick.

i also think their "about our stamps" could include a couple of pictures of the actual stamps, packaging, etc. if you didn't know about Nicole's blog, you'd never actually see the stamps on their web page.

i'm a big PTI fan however; love their stamps, and the owner is extremely creative. her projects (and those of many of the DT), make me wanna buy PTI sets, so i guess that's a good thing. for them.

just thought you'd like to know someone agrees with you a little ;)
Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just placed my first PTI order. I got free shipping and my order arrived in 3 days. I ordered all paper and some nesties. The paper came packed with protective cardboard and packing. Everything was perfect. The quality is excellent. I give PTI 2 thumbs up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
I keep looking at the Papertrey site to see what people rave about. Haven't seen it yet.
My rant is that is it not inviting to NEW customers. The home page and the "Stamps hompage" doesn't answer any question a new customer might have. What are their stamps made of? How do they come? Mounted, not mounted, bare rubber, polymer, package? I for one am not spending any money on something that I can't see and can't get any info on. I can only see the silouette images. If I am missing all the other info, then the rant is that it is not obvious on the site.
I so agree. I got so frustrated at their website that I just closed it out and have never been back.

Marcie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

There is a forum for PTI on their website, perhaps it would be helpful to them if you provided some of your feedback on that forum. I would think they would love to hear some suggestions!

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also have ordered from them many many times. I have not seen any "must haves" however for the last couple months...bummer. I love checking to see what color cardstock they are releasing but since the Terracotta I have not seen anything new in regular cardstock...I will continue waiting...and will probably have a large order when I do see some new regular cardstock colors...I love PTI...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Default Papertrey Ink

I've been buying their stamps for a couple of years now. I love their stamps. There is a lot of versatility to them and they do stamp very well.
They have a choice of ways to view the stamps on the website.
Give them a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Love PTI!

I order their white cardstock it is the best ever. I love the quality of all their stamps and the design team is amazing. They are the most down to earth group of ladies and create such wonderful things.

I can see where their website can be tricky but get in there and play around you will find so much info and they are great responding if you have any questions.

As far as shipping I have never had any damaged items and the shipping has always been 5 days or less. I've never paid for shipping because they usually have an amount that you spend and get free shipping.

They are really great - order one or two things and see if you like them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been ordering from PTI since almost the very beginning, placing an order every month. I find their stamp designs fresh and their style clean. Their paper is among the best. I've gone through several packs of 50 of their white and cream. It's a great weight for cards. Love their colors - I have them all. I think Nicole has said they will be introducing a new color every other month, starting in March. Their ribbons and buttons are great values! They've recently reformulated their inks and I find the new formulas to be a much closer match to their card stock colors. They've also introduced some really nice 8 x 8 patterned paper packs recently. With all the sets I've purchased (and I own 123). I had one problem with one stamp. I emailed them and in a couple of days my damaged stamp was replaced. I have no problem with their website but maybe it's because I spend so much time on there LOL! The design team is incredible - so much eye candy and inspiration. And the ladies and gentlemen that frequent their forum are so helpful and welcoming. It's a great community.

To those who have had issues, please consider giving them another chance.

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat in OhioView Post
I have been ordering from PTI since almost the very beginning, placing an order every month. I find their stamp designs fresh and their style clean. Their paper is among the best. I've gone through several packs of 50 of their white and cream. It's a great weight for cards. Love their colors - I have them all. I think Nicole has said they will be introducing a new color every other month, starting in March. Their ribbons and buttons are great values! They've recently reformulated their inks and I find the new formulas to be a much closer match to their card stock colors. They've also introduced some really nice 8 x 8 patterned paper packs recently. With all the sets I've purchased (and I own 123). I had one problem with one stamp. I emailed them and in a couple of days my damaged stamp was replaced. I have no problem with their website but maybe it's because I spend so much time on there LOL! The design team is incredible - so much eye candy and inspiration. And the ladies and gentlemen that frequent their forum are so helpful and welcoming. It's a great community.

To those who have had issues, please consider giving them another chance.

Pat
May I just say that 123 sets!! Wowzer. Good for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #27  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have ordered from PTI a number of times over the years. Never a problem with finding what I want on their site and always top customer service (though I can understand my Canadian friends not liking the shipping prices). I've never had bent cardstock, either. In fact, I just caved and bought some of their white cardstock and I LOVE it. I need to order more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=Erin K;16006498]Bent corners: Yall need to order TONS Of cardstock at once so your 16lb order comes in a huge case all packed tightly so no shifting or bent corners.

*kidding, I mean that's they way I've done it but I haven't gotten bent corners and of course they need to address that continually if it's going on*

Hey, maybe that is why my paper did not come bent, not one little bit. I do like their paper so I ordered TONS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Smile I love Papertrey!!!

I love Papertrey and I sure wish I had 123 of their sets, like the previous poster! Their stamps and paper are the best. There's only one thing I would change. I wish they would release a new color every month.

I've only had to contact customer service once and got very prompt assistance. Shipping is fast and I love that you get free shipping when you place a $60 or more order (in the states).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
I've noticed several sites like this. There are occasionally a few companies that I check out and it can often be really difficult to tell what the stamps are made out of. Flourishes comes to mind, I could not find anywhere on the site if the stamps were clear or rubber and finally had to send an email to figure it out. I really love Papertrey, but haven't ordered in several months - just haven't been inspired by any of the new sets in a really long time. The website is also awkward. But some of my favorite sets are PTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've placed one order and have another almost ready to go. Here is my experience recorded on my blog:
http://lisae-design.blogspot.com/200...ey-review.html

I have some issues with their site but not about stamps. I think someone else has already directed you to the info they have posted about stamps. My issue is inks. It appears sometime in the last few months they changed their ink formula yet I can't figure out if they are now shipping all new formula or some is still the old formula. Also I don't know what the difference is. I e-mailed a question about this and didn't get a response. (That could be my issue as I've had some problems with e-mail lately.) Anyway, I think they need to clarify this ink issue on their website. Otherwise, I like the site fine.

I really loved all the products I got in my first order from them except envelopes. Their envelopes are cheap and are not nearly as nice as Stampin' Up! I particularly like how you can buy just 12 sheets of a particular cardstock (and it is excellent) and that every color comes in every ribbon and button.

I had no issues at all with the paper being bent. It was in a box, very neatly wrapped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I too think the site is a little difficult to navigate. I only own a few sets and find the one a little difficult to use.

Nicoles blog did outline the different inks, maybe go to her blog and do a search on inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

I love PTI stamps and paper but I have to agree with Vee that sometimes you just can't find the answer on the site. I needed a lot of black cardstock quickly before Christmas to put together a last minute scrapbook. I spent at least a half an hour going around and around the site trying to find out if their paper was acid free, etc. Finally posted it to the general forum and someone came to my rescue. The paper arrived quickly and I was off and running but still a little frustrated. Hopefully if they revamp the web site over sites like this well be corrected.

Can't wait to start seeing the new release! Hope there are some fun spring stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaEDesignView Post
I've placed one order and have another almost ready to go. Here is my experience recorded on my blog:
http://lisae-design.blogspot.com/200...ey-review.html

I have some issues with their site but not about stamps. I think someone else has already directed you to the info they have posted about stamps. My issue is inks. It appears sometime in the last few months they changed their ink formula yet I can't figure out if they are now shipping all new formula or some is still the old formula. Also I don't know what the difference is. I e-mailed a question about this and didn't get a response. (That could be my issue as I've had some problems with e-mail lately.) Anyway, I think they need to clarify this ink issue on their website. Otherwise, I like the site fine.

I really loved all the products I got in my first order from them except envelopes. Their envelopes are cheap and are not nearly as nice as Stampin' Up! I particularly like how you can buy just 12 sheets of a particular cardstock (and it is excellent) and that every color comes in every ribbon and button.

I had no issues at all with the paper being bent. It was in a box, very neatly wrapped.
The inks that have been converted to the new formula say "PIGMENT" under the color name. I think it's Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, and Raspberry Fizz. Vintage Cream, Fresh Snow, Orange Zest, and Terracotta Tile were not released in the old formula and are and have always been pigment inks.

HTH~

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My pocketbook attests to the fact that the site is fine for me. Stuff has no problem jumping into my shopping cart.

but I've been a customer since the first release so I guess it is just familiar to me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 02:54 AM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I'm a die-hard PTI fan, most of the paper, ribbon, buttons I use are all PTI! The colors are fab, the quality is un-beatable, and I just love all the PTI girls They're all so talented!
I've never had ONE problem ordering from them, and I've been a fan/customer since the very first month
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Vee, I understand your frustrations. And I agree, there is some very important information missing on their site. If you posted your suggestions on their forum I'm sure they would be addressed.

http://forum.papertreyink.com/forum/

They are a company that listens to their customers. So much so that I have suggested things and they actually have implemented them. But be warned, once you order from them, there is no going back. Their products are, IMHO, the best in the industry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 04:13 AM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Talking

I don't have one negative thing to say about PTI. I've loved them since the beginning. I've ordered from them several times and each time, my order is perfectly packaged, WITH a thankyou note and very timely.

In fact, I got to meet the girls up at CHA last year and they are just as nice in person as they portray themselves to be on their blogs and in their customer service dealings.

Furthermore, the white PTI CS is AWESOME. I LOVE it. I order 2 packs at a time b/c I go through it like water. Plus, at $6.00 a pack for 40 sheets??!! who can resist THAT!

In addition, I have their "birthday basics" set that I use ALL the time. I just recently purchased their Blooming Button Bits...what a FUN set! a perfect way to help me use my collection of buttons.

Yep...no complaints here. I am not ashamed to promote a company that I KNOW stands for quality, friendliness and devotion to it's followers.

THANKYOU PTI!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 04:59 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

I actually don't find Paper Trey Ink's website hard to navigate at all. Maybe it's because I pretty much know when the stamp sets I would like have been released and I search by release date. If I can't find it there I think it's pretty easy to figure out which category a given stamp set fits into. I haven't had a question about their stamps because I've seen them often enough on Nicole's blog and the DT blogs to know what they're made of and how they're packaged. I, too, would encourage you to voice your concerns/frustrations to Paper Trey so they can make changes for the better. They need to know if something isn't working well for the customer.

I just got my very first Paper Trey order this week (I know, why did I wait so long, right?) Everything arrived in perfect condition. The only thing I was a little confused about was how to attach the label to the CD case. I wanted the stamp set name to be on the side of the case so I could see it if I had a bunch stacked together, but then the label didn't cover the entire front of the case. It looks kind of funny, in my opinion, and kind of bothers me. But not enough to keep me from using their stamps! LOL! I have lots more on my wish list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

I thought it was about the same as most site. Even that link to the info page was helpful but I still like to SEE an actual example set with case on the site. Same with the ink pads. Site would be better if an actual image were shown. Anyone here want to take some pictures? :-)

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes