View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #42
shellpole
Pearl-ExPert

I am purposely NOT reading the responses!

Ok....I would look at the following:

1. Instead of attaching the buttons in all four corners, would you consider something like - three buttons under each other in the top left corner and three on top of each other in the bottom right corner....or a variation of that... or - making a frame of buttons....one in the corner and one either side of that in the top left and also the bottom right.

2. The main image card (white) seems quite stark. That is a die cut, isn't it? Why not put the die back in place and sponge around the edges of the die in order to give your image a more distinct frame.

3.The placement of the wagon is a little too high....it would immediately look better if it was closer to the bottom of the die cut. Also, if you were to give some more colour to under the wagon, it would "ground" the wagon.

4. Once the wagon has been brought down, perhaps add some light sky/moon/flying creature/branch off to one side.....something to take the big heap of space you are going to end up with there.

5. I would layer the die cut.

I hope this is what you were looking for and that I have expressed it well....I do GET you totally in sometimes missing it.....even after all the time I have been at this game!

Cheers...and I would love to see what you come up with once you delve through all the responses...This is a great thread and hope others have a peek too!

Michelle

In my opinion, the buttons look way too stark by themselves there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfullyhis View Post
Well, I thought it might be a good time to start a constructive criticism thread!!! I know that sometimes I, personally, have cards that I look at and think, "Hmm - something's missing" but I can never quite figure out what that 'something' might happen to be!!! (And I don't think I'm the only one that this happens to ) So here is your chance to post a link to one of your cards that needs 'help' and we'll give it some feedback!!

There aren't really any 'rules', but please please PLEASE keep in mind that this is constructive criticism (keyword: constructive!!) Be positive in your replies, and try to give a suggestion as to how the card could be improved (e.g. 'this card could use some brads in the lower corner')

I guess I'll start with a card that I have never liked I just don't know what's wrong with it!! It is probably the ugliest card in my gallery (correction: it IS the ugliest card in my gallery!!) but I don't know how to improve it!!! Thoughts?? Gingham Wagon

Anyway have fun, and enjoy the constructive criticism fellow SCS'ers have to offer on your magnificent creations!!!

~Rebekah
<3 <3 <3
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!