View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 AM   #13
crazedstamper
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Answer to questions

Hi there!
You should be able to do a lot with Fresh Flowers. What I have found helpful to me while cutting something out is to make sure I make as long of cuts as possible with my paper cutting scissors. It's kinda like sewing. If you use a short snip on a long bladed pair of scissors, you get a lot of chopped looking cuts. I also try to round curves using the same long blade stroke method.

Your card size question was already answered...

Dry embossing. You need a light table or a window with sunlight going through it to start. If you decide you like dry embossing a lot, I would suggest purchasing a light table. Put your embossing template on top of light table, your *LIGHT* colored cardstock on top (this won't work with darker card stock...I found out the hard way after designing my entire project around this one color), then use an embossing stylus to use your stylus as if you were coloring in the spaces on the template by pressing down. Kinda like coloring using a dry pen. LOL! When you're finished you turn the cs over and you'll see your 3D looking dry embossed surface. WHALAH!

I can't remember if you said you were a new demo or not when you emailed me a few weeks ago about the beginner card swap, but if you are a new demo, ask your upline for hands on help so you can see first hand what's going on. If you're not a demo, ask the demo you placed your order with for more help.

Have fun creating! After checking out the galleries and playing with your cs and supplies, you'll find something to try. If you're a new demo, don't forget to check out your "Getting Started" brochure as it has many great ideas using sets that come in your kit.

Hope that helps! God bless!
Cindy
aka
crazed stamper