Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by davesgramView Post
where is Ad-Tech located in Wal-Mart? I would like to try it. Thanks
They are in in the scrapbooking aisle at my Wal-Mart. With the glue dots and other tools. I love using the ad-tech glue runners. They do gum up here and there and you just pull it off. Every once in a great while the tape runner seems to fold and you have to open it up and hand roll it to unstick. I haven't had that problem in a lONG time. I love that they are always available, are permanent and are a great price. About $3.25 for the snail and glue runner and about $2.25 for two refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #82  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks much, will look for it my next shopping trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #83  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogzrulecaView Post
Another vote for Ad-Tech from Wal-Mart; it's my main adhesive. I love using Liquid Glass from CTMH for delicate stuff, alphabet letters, buttons, etc. I use Scor-tape for making envelopes. Mini glue dots (Zots)from Therm-o-web for some stuff like pom-poms that don't work well with other stuff. Have lots of other stuff like Scotch double-sided tape, Fiskars photo stickers (mounting squares), etc and they all have their uses.
Bought the X from Xyron almost a year ago, but haven't used it yet; it's so small and seems awkward to use.
The Xyron X is great for non-sheer ribbon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #84  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by davesgramView Post
where is Ad-Tech located in Wal-Mart? I would like to try it. Thanks
In my Wal-Mart, it is in the fabrics department. There is a scrapbooking supplies section and it's in with the pens, chalks, etc. I have also seen it on a "clip strip", a strip that hangs from the shelving and could be placed anywhere near that area. If you have trouble, ask the associate that works in that area to help you find it. If no one is in that area, find any associate and get them to page the appropriate personnel to the to the fabrics counter. (I work in an adjacent dept in my WM and when I hear the bell ringing at the counter over there, I frequently have to page for someone to help them.) HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #85  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks much, will check there too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I just ordered some from Cherry Blossom Studio. They were wonderful and even clued me in to the fact that they can fit 8 refills in the small USPS flat rate box as easily as the 5 I had originally ordered. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

I have the Glue Glider Pro that I like using but currently need to buy a refill or 2 but I can't find anyone who sells it less than $8 and that is more than I previously paid for it..... so I currently am using the Ad-Tech from Wally. Wally is 5 minutes away as aposed to the 1 1/2 hr drive to go to Michaels and then they wouldn't have the refills and no coupon available. Can't drive that far and come home empty handed......
Any one know of an on-line place to order from?

Estelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 AM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Glue Rider Pro refills

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamahoweView Post
I have the Glue Glider Pro that I like using but currently need to buy a refill or 2 but I can't find anyone who sells it less than $8 and that is more than I previously paid for it.....
Estelle

Originally Posted by stricklandpm
Glue Glider refills:
http://www.stampingscrapping.com/cat...lue-Glider.htm currently $5.18 as of 9/16/09 plus shipping

https://www.scrapbookpal.com/Store/P...bcat=Glue+Arts
$7.00, free shipping over $25.

THe last time I ordered the best deal was to order about 8 from stampingscrapping, it came to about $6 with shipping and I even got a refund on shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #89  
Matboard Maniac

Phyllis, thank you, for the quick response. I do have a question, though. I have never ordered from either one f them, so how quickly do they get an order out? Are they quick to respond?

Thanks again,

Estelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #90  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamahoweView Post
Phyllis, thank you, for the quick response. I do have a question, though. I have never ordered from either one f them, so how quickly do they get an order out? Are they quick to respond? Estelle
Both have great shipping.

Scrapbook Pal has been around awhile and they have a booth at conventions like the Creating Keepsakes which is where I discovered them. I bought my KoKoyu (?) refills there until it was discontinued.

stampinscrapping.com is a smaller operation but very responsive and also quick to ship. She even refunded postage!!! Never had that happen before.

I have had great experiences with both vendors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #91  
Matboard Maniac

Default Which Kokuyo?

For serious work I use ATG but for taking to Stamp Club or making cards with the grandkids I loved the Duck which I got at Joann with a coupon or Wal-mart. Do not like the new verison! Just discovered the change when I opened up an new pack I got last fall. Didn't notice the "new improved" on the pk. I know Christine http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/loved Kokuyo (didn't know if it was a Candanian issue - maybe not the same options as US) and remember that last year she mentioned that it was discontinued. Now with the Duck change I am wondering about Kokuyo since it again seems available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I just ordered some from Cherry Blossom Studio. They were wonderful and even clued me in to the fact that they can fit 8 refills in the small USPS flat rate box as easily as the 5 I had originally ordered. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery Woohoo!
When I went to the Cherry Blossom site there were two choices. The Power Machine which is in a red case and the Long Machine which is in a blue case plus a 2 blue called Original. It looks like the blue might be alot cheaper since you get over 2x as much with the machine purchase - site doesn't saw how much is in the blue refill but I assume it is the same as in the blue machine. When I saw Christine using it on her videos I think the container was always red. What is the difference and which do you use?

(Also wondered if anyone prefers the new Duck. I thought about calling the manufacturer and complaining but then wondered if I am being biased and not giving it a chance. I still have some of the old Duck so think I will try to do some "tests" like Ellen Hutson did in the link in post #42 above. Loved that!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

The Kokuyo refills I just received from Cherry Blossom say they have 16 meters of tape. I didn't order the dispenser as I picked up about 5 at my LSS as that was all that was available when I discovered they were not being distributed. They are exactly the same as before and fit in the old dispensers, so I'm thrilled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrubino9824View Post
The Blue Original and the Blue Long are exactly the same except the long is 85 feet of adhesive and the original has 52 feet which is still more than the old US version. The long comes in the same machine as the red and the orgimal fit the small US version. Although, the blue is permanent you still have some flexibility to move etc. You can just wipe away the dots. However, the red is down for good and will usually require UNDu to get it up. It has 32ft of adhesive the same as the original red US version..

These adhesives are awesome when all else has failed the Kokuyo has always held up even in high humidity
I really appreciate this info - thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes