View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
lazylizard
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm the worst person to give any good advice about this subject. But having been a SU demo for 8 years, and now getting out of that, I certainly spent more than I ever thought about making. BUT, my thousands of dollars collection has brought me much happiness and stress relief. I would advice buy only those stamps that have stay power and are in the style that you feel most comfortable in. It really is wrong to stamp images to swap as the designers have to ink out a living doing this too, but you really don't have to own everything. Team up with other stampers, and attend local shoebox swaps that give you a chance to use other's stamps and share ideas. Michael's $1 stamps can make some of the cutest cards out there, so you don't have to get into the spend mode to have great cards. Paper is relatively cheap and a box of map colors can do alot of coloring. We all started somewhere!!! I don't let myself buy Hallmark cards anymore. I use to be their best customer!!