View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
purpleflowers
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutlee22View Post
Can anyone give me tips on how I can afford this hobby?? I see so many people making so many cards and I wonder, how can everyone afford this?? Any tips on how I can make extra money! Do people make money just blogging??
One of the hardest things I encountered when I jointed Splitcoast was that it opened up the floodgates of stamping supplies and tools that I feel I "need". I discovered tools and companies that I never knew existed. It does make it very challenging to stick to a budget.

Some people challenge themselves to create/stamp a certain amount before they can spend anymore (you'll see things in their signature line like "Stamp to Spend: x cards created, $___ spent). That's one way to try to control spending.

Some people do sell their cards/creations at local shops or on Etsy or at craft shows. Browse around in the General Stamping forum and you'll find some threads related to selling cards. Here's one I found about Etsy.

I don't think people really make any money blogging. Some might recoup enough to cover their costs, but most just do it for fun.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!