Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2003, 10:04 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dollar Store Finds

What are your latest dollar store finds? I know the mini compostion books are big. I will attach a long list of ideas by Colleen Kidder.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Dollar_store.doc (46.0 KB, 486 views)
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a great post!! The ideas are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

A set of 28 mini dominoes in a case! A friend bought all they had and then sent them to us. I've yet to find them though, but she got her's at the dollar store someplace in CT. I'm still looking as I'm wanting more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Yikes, that's what I get for reading late. I thought you were asking for dollar store finds. I came back to read and saw your wonderful list of things stamping related that you can buy at a dollar store. Thanks for the terrific list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Default dollar store

I live overseas, military demonstrator, now I can't wait to find those dollar stores when we move back to the USA, maybe next year....Thanks for all your wonderful ideas! That is why I love SU! Sharing company!

Gelic
Sicily, Italy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 04:44 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I found this to be a GREAT idea for storing my glittler.. I use the Little baby dishes with a lid attached to close and The great thing about the container is that it has a little baby spoon attached to the lid ( the spoon snaps into lid ) I have lots of these to store each of my glitter or flocking and ect... Heres the BEST part You get 2 dishes for $1 WOW~ I think I have all the colors they come in Lite green, Baby blue ,Pink , yellow( & alot extra ) and then I label all the containers with whats inside with a shapie . The container does help to keep the glittler mess to a minamal But Hubby still says he goes to bed with a Disco Ball Hee! Hee! I just love my Glitter especially Dazzling diamonds My Favorite!! I also pass this tip to all my customers They seem to love it too!
Just a FYI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 05:04 AM   #7  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $ store finds

My best finds have been mini clothespins. I go tnm atural and multi-colored packs of 48 for $1. At Micheals' they had 24 for $2, and the rainbow packs were even more. I love them with the On the Line set. (there is a sample on this site for Valentine's Day I made using them).

They were so cheap I include about 10 in each hostess embellishment bag I give out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dollar store finds

What I've had fun with:

Rose Art Scented Glitter Gel Pens: these have the same sort of barrel as an RSVP pen (except there is glitter in the plastic!), so I stamp a piece of paper to match the color, unscrew the end, roll up the paper and insert it in the barrel. I include these in door prizes and hostess gifts. I found them at Dollar Tree for 3 for $1.

Translucent colored plastic note pads: These have a clear colored cover with a white paper behind it, making it fun to stamp the front with a design in Stazon, then stamp on the paper behind with Little Shapes or something else. Particularly cute done with Little Layers. They come three to a package for $1 at the Dollar Tree. Haven't been able to find them lately, though :(

Inexpensive Pillar candles for $1. These make nice candles for doing tissue paper on candle stamping or for wrapping with stamped cardstock and can be given as hostess gifts or used for stamp camps. Just be sure to warn them that they should not leave them burning unsupervised, or should only burn them down far enough to insert a metal-encased votive light...then they can keep the pretty part nice for ever with out burning it down.

Metallic or Pearl painted pencils. Ink up the Filligree background stamp with Stazon and roll the pencil across the stamp to create stamped pencils! Very pretty. I include these in door prizes or hostess gifts. You can get 10 or 12 for $1 at the Dollar Tree.

Spiral bound index card books. I found these ONCE and have been looking for them ever since. You can make a cute cover for recipes, in fact every time I show one of these in my display, someone offers to buy it. I found them 2 for $1. They make great hostess gifts or door prizes.

Vinyl covered date books (checkbook style): Dollar Tree has these before Christmas. They are a little better quality than the Michael's ones (which are clearanced off right now for 33 cents! a better deal, though they aren't as nice). I stamp a cover to insert over the one that comes on the calendar. If there are pictures on the inside of the calendar, I try to match to a stamp set. These also make great hostess gifts or door prizes, but you need to use them up quickly, since no one will want one after the end of March.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you see something you like at a dollar store, buy one to experiment, but if you are successful and you want more go immediately and buy as much as you can. They don't always stock the same items and when they are gone, you can't depend on getting more.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Why can't I see the dollar store list. By the way I am new to this site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 04:21 PM   #10  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hmm, works for me Mary. make sure the file that gets downloaded has a .doc extension, like this:

dollar.doc

you could also try .txt if you don't have MS Word

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 07:45 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Maybe this is a stupid question but I don't see where to actually download the attatchment. Am I just not seeing it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

Ignore that! I just realized you've gotta log in and then it all magically appears! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Default Dollar store Items

These ideas are just great. I can't wait to go to the dollar store again, I will have a whole new outlook of the dollar store. I would love to see some pictures of the finished products, does anyone have any?

Thanks Again for the ideas
Reply With Quote Likes