Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you store your unmounted stamps in enclosed binders...

such as the ones sold at Sundayint.com, shop around! I bought some for myself for Christmas (and LOVE them BTW) and was just getting ready to order more as I think that this is the system that I want to use to store my stamps. My mom found some she has that are the same only 1" instead of 1.5" and she thought she got them on clearance at the office supply store. So I did a search for Unikeep which is the company that makes the binders, and from the company the ones I paid $12.95 for are $5.47 here - and they sell an EXTREME binder that is 3 1.5" binders connected together! here

I also found this dealer even cheaper for the 1.5" cases at $4.99. I find that with the 8 1/2 x 11 storage sheets from Sundayint.com I can get about 14-16 stamp sets in one of these on regular ez mount
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for the link! These binders will accommodate the plastic storage panels from SundayInt, correct? I need more than 15, so I can get them for $3.99 at your second link, and I love that I can get them in black.

I'm currently using the panels in a 3-ring binder but would like to change to something like the cases in your link. Thanks!

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 12-29-2009 at 08:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Yes, they will work with the storage panels - I can fit 3 panels filled front and back into the 1.5" binder - they are snug, but they fit and close. I like these because I can organize stamps by theme, which is how my mind works best organizationally. I really like them, and think they are a better choice for me than storing sets in individual cases.

I am so excited that I did not buy more at $12.95 before looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

This is great! I need to figure out how many binders I need, so thanks for letting me know you can fit three panels in a case.

Storing sets individually didn't work for me because I separate some sets if they have sentiments or stamps that don't necessarily "go together" (like an ocean set that might have shells, a bird, and a sentiment -- that's three different categories in my system).

Looks like 2010 will start off with some reorganizing! Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the links. I've been wanting more of these and at these prices, it's much more affordable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I have gotten mine directly from Unikeep since about March or so. They are GREAT, and I love how organized my stamps are for much cheaper than other storage methods. If you want to see how I organize my boxes, you can see them here.

Edited to add if you sign up for the Unikeep newsletter, you will get their coupons too. I always stock up during the coupons sales. GREAT, CHEAP prices!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #7  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
Edited to add if you sign up for the Unikeep newsletter, you will get their coupons too. I always stock up during the coupons sales. GREAT, CHEAP prices!
i was JUST going to post the same thing. you have to wait a while (maybe a couple of weeks), but you'll eventually get a coupon for the unikeep binders. i buy the smaller binders [mini binders] and use the sunday intn'l storage panels.

i've ordered twice, and they have really fast and reasonable shipping prices. i get them shipped to my office, and it's a little less than shipping to my house.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I use the binders also. Luckily I'd only bought 1 or 2 from Sunday International when a few months ago I think it was Patter that mentioned the Unikeep website. I am so thankful because it saved me a bunch of money. I am still organizing my stamps, and that had to be put aside for life, the holidays, family and work. Hopefully in 2010 I can finish unmounting and organizing my stamps. Of course, it would help if I wouldn't buy anymore for a while!!
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

I signed up and will wait for a coupon. In the mean time, I'll try to compute how many I need!

The black ones will look great in my craftroom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatView Post
i was JUST going to post the same thing. you have to wait a while (maybe a couple of weeks), but you'll eventually get a coupon for the unikeep binders. i buy the smaller binders [mini binders] and use the sunday intn'l storage panels.

i've ordered twice, and they have really fast and reasonable shipping prices. i get them shipped to my office, and it's a little less than shipping to my house.
The SundayInt panels I have are 8.5" x 11". How are you folks using them in the mini-binders? Or are there other sizes of the SundayInt storage panels?

I'm going to need a LOT of these binders (I'm thinking more than 30) and I want to order the right size! From what I can tell, I need these: 1 1/2" - 3 Ring Case Binder.

For those who use the 8.5"x11" SundayInt panels, is that the correct binder?

Thanks for your help, ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

This is great. I have been putting off ordering the binders from Sunday International because of the price, now I can order these and really get my stuff organized and have extra room for more stamps. Thanks for the links.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpaisley1View Post
such as the ones sold at Sundayint.com, shop around! I bought some for myself for Christmas (and LOVE them BTW) and was just getting ready to order more as I think that this is the system that I want to use to store my stamps. My mom found some she has that are the same only 1" instead of 1.5" and she thought she got them on clearance at the office supply store. So I did a search for Unikeep which is the company that makes the binders, and from the company the ones I paid $12.95 for are $5.47 here - and they sell an EXTREME binder that is 3 1.5" binders connected together! here

I also found this dealer even cheaper for the 1.5" cases at $4.99. I find that with the 8 1/2 x 11 storage sheets from Sundayint.com I can get about 14-16 stamp sets in one of these on regular ez mount

I don't use those types of Binders. But I do use a 3 Ring Zippered Notebook. Purchase them when they are on Sale or on Clearance.

Right now each of the 4 notebooks I own. Have 6 pages of the White Plastic Store sheets in them. Most pages hold about 3 to 4 stamp set's each.
I also place the White Storage boards with the Stamps into a Clear Sleeve. To keep them clean and to make sure they don't fall out. Using the Clear Sleeves also allows be place more Sheets of Stamps in the notebook.

I like the ones you have shared with us. I might check into them for my Stampin' Up! stamp set's I'll be buying this next year.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Ditto on the great reviews for Univenture. I ordered 10 of the A5 mini binders and recieved the order within 2 days! Right now they have the white or black mini binders on sale for $1.07 each.

PS. It's worth it to invest in the panels from Sunday International though. I laminated a couple of sheets of chipboard to try them out and the stamps don't stick to them as well. But the laminated chipboard works fine as an alternative in the meantime while you stock up on the panels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #14  

Thanks Kristine for the link. I too liked the Sunday Intl binders (I have one) but are quite costly. I just made the plunge and unmounted about 300 stamps, excluding my SU sets just before Christmas and I currently have them by category in plastic bags. I'm redoing my craft room (hard wood floors, new cabinetry etc) in January so I was trying to figure out the best way to store all my unmounted stamps. My SU stamps are still mounted - one thing at a time here - LOL. Thanks again and I just ordered 15 binders before I wrote this comment. Can't wait to organize!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
The SundayInt panels I have are 8.5" x 11". How are you folks using them in the mini-binders? Or are there other sizes of the SundayInt storage panels?

I'm going to need a LOT of these binders (I'm thinking more than 30) and I want to order the right size! From what I can tell, I need these: 1 1/2" - 3 Ring Case Binder.

SundayInt do the smaller size as well.

That is where I'm stuck - I'm trying to decide which size will suit me better. I already have some Gina K sets too. I was originally leaning toward the A4 size but am worried about the weight/size and a slight grip issue I have from years of grabbing and filing in thick patient notes. The problem is I like the more to a page/less packaging aspect of the A4 size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post

That is where I'm stuck - I'm trying to decide which size will suit me better. I already have some Gina K sets too. I was originally leaning toward the A4 size but am worried about the weight/size and a slight grip issue I have from years of grabbing and filing in thick patient notes. The problem is I like the more to a page/less packaging aspect of the A4 size.
I liked the smaller binder that Sunday Intl had also but I realized I have quite a few large stamps (approx. 3 x 4) that would take up quite a bit of space in the smaller ones. I determined I would utilize the 8 1/2 x 11 much better. I've also decided to purchase from Sunday Intl the small CD size storage panels. I have quite a few Amuse sentiments that are very small and I like the idea of keeping them together in a small CD. I fill in the gap on the side of the CD with heavy duty paper squared (if you get the idea) and that helps to keep them from falling out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post

I chose the smaller size since they would be easier to toss into my bag for crops, travel, etc. I purchased an extra binder to serve as my travel binder. That way I can take out the panels I plan on using and place them into the empty binder. But, if you use your stamps primarily at home, then the big binders would work just fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the info on the smaller panels. I didn't realize there are two sizes and couldn't see how people were using the panels in the small binders!. I have the larger, so I need the larger binders. The larger binders come in black, too, so whoo-hoo for me!

I need a lot of these, so I'm going to wait a bit and see if I get an email coupon code.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatView Post
I may have missed this in the thread, but how many full panels can you get into one of the smaller binders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Okay, I have the storage panels and use them for my unmounted and cling rubber stamps. Now I am trying to organize all of my acrylic stamps and when I put them on the storage panels they disappear into the background making them very hard to see. Anybody out there have a solution to this dilema. TIA Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorgradView Post
I may have missed this in the thread, but how many full panels can you get into one of the smaller binders?
It depends, if your stamps are mounted on the traditional ez mount, about 3-4 panels. If your using thin mount or acrylic stamps, then it'll be more, about 6 or 7 panels. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #22  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

SundayInt carries two sizes of binders - regular and mini. i use the minis because they fit better on my shelves, and i like that most of my sets fit on a single panel. i don't like my sets 'touching each other'... i know, sounds weird, but that's how i am; can't have my sets all mixed up.

each mini-binder holds three storage sheets (which are roughly half of a normal sheet) of foam-mounted rubber (EZ mounted) stamps, or six storage sheets of clear polymer stamps. i try to keep stamps by a company or artist (like Kim Hughes, or PTI, etc.) in their own binders. right now i'm working on creating some kind of clear sleeve (cutting down page protectors) to hold an index of the images on each storage sheet.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Yes, that is right
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do you lay theses storage binders flat? I have been using the Sunday International sheets and zippered 3 ring binders for many years. I am now finding that some of my older rubber stamps are sliding off the ezmount cushion because I stored the binders upright.

I don't want to remount everything all over again on ezmount cushion, so I have slowly been putting them back into CD cases which I store in the old style plastic shelving units that I used to store my music collection in. I can get 36 cds in each storage unit. The CDS that are laying flat in the CD shelving units are not moving off the cushion like the ones in the upright binders are so I thought I would post a FYI about what has happened to my collection. I thought of laying the 3 ring binders flat but then I would have to install more shelves. Also, I was worried about the weight of the layers of rubber stamps pressing down on each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #25  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for confirming I have the right size binders bookmarked.

As for rubber sliding off the mount, I've read that SundayInt will replace the EZM (if you want to remount) because it's guaranteed for life.

I have over $500 invested in EZM and storage panels, so I feel committed to that type of storage. These new (to me) binders look like they're flat enough to store on their sides, so perhaps I'll do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:13 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by leslierodView Post
It depends, if your stamps are mounted on the traditional ez mount, about 3-4 panels. If your using thin mount or acrylic stamps, then it'll be more, about 6 or 7 panels. HTH.
Good to know! Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by leslierodView Post
That's what I find works too. I mostly have 3 panels in the binders because of the traditional ez mount and the deeply etched rubber stamps. Makes the pages kind of thick but it sure saves room overall. LOVE my binders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Do you ladies that have the bigger binders from univenture know if the tabbed pages will fit? I am getting ready to unmount my SU sets and am glad I took the time to research it here; so many wonderful tips. I think I would do better with the tabs but wanted to make sure before I ordered all the supplies.

Thanks,

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

I don't know if the tabbed pages (do you mean the tabbed storage panels?) will fit. However, since you can only fit 3 panels in a binder (with EZMounted stamps on both sides), the tabbed panels might not be necessary. They do cost more, too.

I want to go look at something on the SI site (where I bought my panels), so I'll check to see if they mention anything about the tabbed panels. In the back of my mind, I recall reading that the tabbed ones don't fit into one of the storage systems, but I don't remember which one. BBL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Okay, according to the product description for the binders here, the tabbed panels will NOT fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, I meant the storage panels. On the SI site it says they don't fit in their binder but I wasn't sure if they were the same binders. I was going to use the tabs to identify what sets are on the page or would that even work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #32  
Glitter Guru

In an earlier post, someone mentioned that these are the same as the SI binders.

You're going to be able to get more than one SU set on a panel, so there might not be enough room on the tab for you to write all the info you need. My plan is to just number the binders and then have a master binder where I have the contents of each binder listed.

Patter (indenticaltriplets) uses this system and you can see the details at the link in her post ^ there.

All I need now are the binders. lol I signed up for the newsletter and am waiting for a coupon code because I need a LOT of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for your help. I also signed up for the newsletter but waiting to order might prove to be too much for me. I am so excited to reclaim storage space. Are you ordering the smaller or bigger ones? It looks like Patter uses the smaller ones and they are on sale now.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

You're welcome.

I already have the 8.5 x 11 panels (using them in zippered notebooks), so I'm committed to the larger binders.

I'm chomping at the bit to get started, but I need so many that I really do need to wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Who has the best prices for the panels?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You're welcome.

I already have the 8.5 x 11 panels (using them in zippered notebooks), so I'm committed to the larger binders.

I'm chomping at the bit to get started, but I need so many that I really do need to wait!
You can always cut the larger panels in half and punch holes in them to fit in the smaller binders - I've done this. I actually use a mix of the smaller and larger. I like the smaller for SU sets, because I just put one set on a page. I like the larger for singles like bellas, etc.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone used the "heavy duty storage panels" from SI? Are they necessary?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #38  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennazView Post
Has anyone used the "heavy duty storage panels" from SI? Are they necessary?
I guess it depends how you want to store your sheets They fit in a standard notebook but they are larger panels than the lighter weight panels (8 1/2 x 13). They won't fit in the storage boxes which I plan on utilizing when I unmount all my stamps. I've never had a problem with the lighter weight sheets totally filled. They are just more flexible than the heavy duty panels. I can see where they would probably work better putting stamps on both sides. I normally don't because I don't want the stamps rubbing against each other. The smaller stamps are more apt to fall off the board rubber to rubber! I guess we all have our little quirks - LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by knielsenView Post
Thank you for your help. I also signed up for the newsletter but waiting to order might prove to be too much for me. I am so excited to reclaim storage space. Are you ordering the smaller or bigger ones? It looks like Patter uses the smaller ones and they are on sale now.

Kim
Yes, I use the smaller binders. Love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Sunday International's shipping is pretty high on the panels. I have a quote for one set of minis (package of 4) at USPS of $6.11 and UPS as $9.67, and I live in Michigan. Do they have sales or email coupons?

Does anyone know where else to get these panels any cheaper for shipping?
Reply With Quote Likes