Thread: Measuring
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TozoTampa Bay View Post
Heather and Susan, I’m with you!! I’m in the accounting field (over 35 years now) so numbers are my game. I borrowed the mantra from the carpentry field…measure twice, cut once! I’ve noticed that some 8 ˝ x 11 paper isn’t a FULL 11” – I discovered that when trying to cut 5 ˝” cards and not getting equal sections. So now I check to make sure it is a full 11” before measuring and cutting.

My stamping buddies laugh when I share my layouts…I often go down to 16th” measurements when trying to center panels equally across the card!

Karen
Karen,

I can echo exactly what you said! I am married to a carpenter and he drilled into my head the measure twice/cut once mantra years ago.

When I first started cardmaking, I did not measure anything. I thought eyeballing was adequate.

I was not very good at math in school (though I did manage for a large financial institution for 20 yrs! ). When I started making 3D projects, I *had* to learn my way around a ruler. I also had to re-learn fractions! Now it is second nature.

Now I have this really cool old school wood ruler with all sorts of special markings on it for the boxes I make. If that ever leaves my desk, I panic!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!