Thread: Which Cricut?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
Crafter 4 Life
Pearl-ExPert

If you can afford it, I agree with the others regarding purchasing the Expression that the difference in price will be worth it. I make mostly cards but also like to make boxes. I bought the Create first because it was at a price I could afford but found that the boxes it could make were just 'too cute' to be worth the time and paper it took to cut and assemble. (i.e. square favor box barely holds 1 Ferrero candy) As others have said, just do a search and you can find and 'E', new and in the box, without any cartridges for a very reasonable price. This is how I buy my tools because I don't want to be storing cartridges/dies, embossing folders that are not to my taste/style. I would recommend researching to find which cartridge has the fonts/shapes that would be most used by you and purchases them separately.

I have also used the Custom Crop products to re-sticky my mat. So far so good. Check out a video on their website or by Robyn - My Pink Stamper. I am just starting to use my Cricut more so haven't cut up the mat too much.

Good luck on your choice and enjoy using it.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 01-03-2010 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: adding info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!