Thread: Which Cricut?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
ladybugstamper2
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I too say go for the Expression. I upgraded from the O-Bug to the Expression. You can get it for $200 to $250 through sales or on-line specials. I bought mine for $250 with 2 cartridges of my choice and free shipping, 18 months ago.

Quick summary.

Original Bug/Personal Cutter/Cricut - 6"x12" cutting space. Smallest dialable size is 1". Increments up in 1/2" sizes. This machine will only cut the features provided with each cartridge.

Cricut Create - upgraded O-Bug. Still only cuts 6"x12". I'm not sure of the dial sizes (I've never owned one or looked into buying one). It does have some features, that the Expression has that are different than on the cartridge features.

Expression - can cut a 12"x12" cutting surface. It will also cut a 12"x24" cutting surface. You can dial sizes down to 1/4" and up the size in 1/4" increments. It will cut all the features provided on the cartridge. The Expression also has a quantity feature, fit to page, vertical cuts vs horizontal cuts, line return, fit to length, center point, etc. These are great features that work with any cartridge and it's designed features.

Good Luck deciding.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!