Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you keep track of your stamps

How do you keep track of your stamps. Most of mine are clear but I find I don't use them as much because I forgot what I have. I am thinking about a catalog. What do you ladies do?

thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't keep track of mine. BUT because I don't, I usually have to wade through quite a number of sets to find the one I was thinking of. In wading through everything, my memory is often refreshed as to what images I have. The thought of starting a catalogue of my stamp images right now overwhelms and exhausts me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have a 3-ring binder with photo-copied pages from the original catalogs and an Excel spreadsheet that lists the sets etc.. and includes the size of box which helps me find it on the shelf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Excel and either import my receipt information if I have bought on line, or just fill it in. I also look on line and attach photos of my stamps to my Excel sheet.

The next thing I need to do with them is update them with recent purchases AND give them categories so I can sort through them quicker for relevant stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use excel as well., three columns
one for type of stamps, second company, and third where they are located at. I have them on scraponizers from unity and some file kind that are similar that I got a dollar tree store.
works perfect for me to know where my stamp is located at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For all non-woodmounted stamps (which is 95% of my stamps) I have an image of the set on 8.5 x 11 paper, punched and put into a page protector and then into a 3-ring binder. I number each set which corresponds to the number on the CD case where I store the set. I started out grouping what I had, such as Christmas, birthday, etc., and then numbered them. Now that I am adding sets to my original stash, the new numbers are out of order on the pages, but it doesn't really matter. For individual stamps, I put similar themes together in the CD case and number like above. For large individual stamps (mounted on cling foam) I put them on the storage boards by theme and store in 3 ring binders. I stamp the images on a full sheet of paper just the way they are on the storage board and insert the pages in my 3 ring binder with other like images. These aren't numbered because I know they are in the binder. However, I'm going to have to start another binder as I'm running out of room, so I will have a binder for Christmas stamps and one for other stamps.

Also, many of the sets can be stamped two to one page, and then two sheets in a page protector. So that is a total of four sets front and back. I also write the name of the set, the company and any other info right on the page.

I'm finding this works really easy to just look at the set and pull the CD case with that number on it. I have about 250 CD cases so far, so for those who have more sets, this may not be organized enough. But I don't mind paging through my indexed images as it reminds me what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

quick question, do you sort them by design (ie, hearts, circles, dogs), or theme (ie Valentines, Christmas), or by company?
I have a huge jumble of stamps, both clear and wood mounted. I have kept my SU sets intact, though, and am wondering if I should take the plunge and seperate my SU sets into themes.
I agree, when I search for THAT ONE stamp, i find a dozen I forgot I had (and almst nevr find THAT ONE LOL... its like 'Wheres Waldo' in a stamp drawer)
Also, I need more of those clear sheets (thick ones...acetate maybe?) that you get when you buy clear stamps. The stamps are attached to the plastic. I need some 8x10 sheets for my clear stamps (too many are $1 stamp sets on a tiny slip of plastic). Does anyone know what I am talking about (besides me, i know LOL) and where I would find said plastic sheets? I can get to a Staples, WalMart, target, AC Moores, Michaels, and if need be, I can go online... just looking to save shipping if possible
thanks so much for al the help, ladies... I am drowning in my stamps, and I apreciate the lifeboat you all are rowing around in LOL
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6View Post
quick question, do you sort them by design (ie, hearts, circles, dogs), or theme (ie Valentines, Christmas), or by company?
I have a huge jumble of stamps, both clear and wood mounted. I have kept my SU sets intact, though, and am wondering if I should take the plunge and seperate my SU sets into themes.
I agree, when I search for THAT ONE stamp, i find a dozen I forgot I had (and almst nevr find THAT ONE LOL... its like 'Wheres Waldo' in a stamp drawer)
Also, I need more of those clear sheets (thick ones...acetate maybe?) that you get when you buy clear stamps. The stamps are attached to the plastic. I need some 8x10 sheets for my clear stamps (too many are $1 stamp sets on a tiny slip of plastic). Does anyone know what I am talking about (besides me, i know LOL) and where I would find said plastic sheets? I can get to a Staples, WalMart, target, AC Moores, Michaels, and if need be, I can go online... just looking to save shipping if possible
thanks so much for al the help, ladies... I am drowning in my stamps, and I apreciate the lifeboat you all are rowing around in LOL
-laura s
Yes, yes! I know where!
You can get them either at Flourishes or at Papertrey!
I prefer Flourishes, but dunno if it is actually the same thickness at Papertrey's or just my imagination.
Anyway, here:

Flourishes ($4.50 for 10 sheets; free shipping over $65????): http://www.flourishes.org/servlet/th...d-Stock/Detail

Papertrey ($6 for 10 sheets; free shipping over $55): http://papertreyink.com/pb_clearcardstock.html

Oh!
Also Gina K (I haven't tried hers):
http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/pro...&categoryId=39

Also someplace called Sheetloads (I haven't tried theirs either)

ETA: I've also been saving the plastic packaging that comes with some of the stuff I buy.
Hate when clear stamps come on a flimsy piece of crap!! It felt sooooooo luxurious when I switched them to their new homes on the new sturdier clear sheets!

Last edited by SophieLaFontaine; 12-29-2009 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have sorted, loosely, by theme: Christmas, other holidays, birthdays, anniversary, scenic, floral, shapes/geometric, frames, sentiments, etc.

There are always those sets that don't completely fit into a category, but I just put it where is seems the most appropriate. I don't think I want to split up my sets when that happens, but I know some people take out all the words and store them separately. I'm too lazy .

If you have cling cushion stamps, do a little research on storing them on acetate. I seem to remember that it might be a problem long term? Also, some people feel that storing them in CD cases can degrade the EZ mount, so I do store mine on the storage boards made to fit CD cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

awesome, thanks Sophie! LOL i never thought of it, but I use some clear sets more than others.. because i like the backing sheet they are on more. I hate thin, tissuey plastic. And now, some of the Target $ stamps don't even have a plastic over them to protect from dust.... so its time to invest in some decent acetates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Always happy to enable LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Love the Where's Wally statement, made me chuckle.

I can attest to the Gina K boards they are great. But they fit the unikeep binder boxes so if you want a regular sized 8 1/2 x 11 binder sheet to store your stamps on then these won't work. Unless someone knows where to get them in that size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm in the process of stamping them in a binder. I have about 100 sets...mostly all wood mounted. The cases are numbered also. I've been lazy about getting this done and I forget what I have all the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm pretty organised, but the one thing I want to spend very little time organising is my stamping stuff. I want to spend most of my precious free time actually creating.

Pretty much all of my wood mount stamps are on display so I can just turn around and have a look at them.

My clear stamps are loosely organised by size and/or season. I keep them in shoe boxes that are easy to flip through.

I'm also lucky to have a really good memory, so that, combined with the above works for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

LOL Jennifer, where can I order your memory from?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hee, Laura

Maybe I should rent it out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #17  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

Ihave more wood mounted than loose. Using the plastic drawers is great. I put the names like christmas...and then all the ones that belong...but I have so much now it is getting messy and I gotta get it together....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

i was doing Pizza boxes... but it looks like the Pizzaria exploded in a pile on my closet floor LOL, gotta find a better way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I own mostly SU sets. I stamp them on a piece of cardstock labeled with the name of the set, place the cardstock in a binder in alphabetical order. I have 2 plastic carts with drawers in which to put my stamps. Each drawer is numbered 1-5; one is cart A one is cart B. On the cardstock I put the drawer number where the stamp set is (A4). My loose stamps are also stamped on cardstock and filed by image type: Christmas, nature, people etc.
A few years ago I took all the words out of the sets and placed them separately in plastic SU boxes. All my Thank You's, Happy Birthday, etc are stored together. The only words I kept with the sets were ones that went with the set like "Worm Wishes on Your Bug Day" I kept with the Bugs & Kisses set. Since I am a demo I only do this with retired sets so that the ones I demo with are complete.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

My wood-mounted are in plastic trays - Penny Black, Hero Arts, Stampendous, Miscellaneous. My clear are in a shoebox beside my desk. Cling-mounted are in CD boxes in a biscuit tin. Currently I rely on my memory to remember what I have - but I suppose some time I'll have to have a more tangible record, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:47 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I have an Excel file that has a spreadsheet for each of the following:

SU! sets: Name, product #, price, hostess/sab, catalog, year retired, date purchased
Inks/Coloring implements: description, product #, price, company, date purchased
Non-SU! stamps: Description, # of stamps, price, category (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, etc.), Company, date purchased
Books/Magazines: Title, Date, ISBN, Description, Company
Tools: Description, Type (i.e. Punch, Cutting, Embossing, etc.), Price, Company, date purchased

As for the locations, I have the following:

Current SU! sets: Bottom drawer of a three-drawer lateral. The other drawers hold all my 8 1/2X11 cardstock.
Retired SU! sets and non-SU! wood-mounted sets: I combined like sets and they take up three drawers of a four-drawer lateral
Wood-Mounted singles: Plexi-glass photo box frames by category in a 4 1/2 ft. shelved wood storage unit that DH built me last year. The remaining loose stamps are sorted by category in plastic 12x12 scrapbook storage boxes.
Unmounted Rubber clings: 3-ring binders. Images have been stamped on white cardstock that is stored in a separate binder.
Acrylics: I have two Close to My Heart storage boxes that I was keeping most of them in but recently purchased a spin rack with plastic pockets that I moved a majority of them to. I also have a plastic three-drawer container where one drawer is dedicated for the larger sets that don't fit in the other two units.

Last edited by Ragtop; 12-30-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen3000View Post
I have sorted, loosely, by theme: Christmas, other holidays, birthdays, anniversary, scenic, floral, shapes/geometric, frames, sentiments, etc.

There are always those sets that don't completely fit into a category, but I just put it where is seems the most appropriate. I don't think I want to split up my sets when that happens, but I know some people take out all the words and store them separately. I'm too lazy .

If you have cling cushion stamps, do a little research on storing them on acetate. I seem to remember that it might be a problem long term? Also, some people feel that storing them in CD cases can degrade the EZ mount, so I do store mine on the storage boards made to fit CD cases.
That is SOOOO true. A few years ago, I bought a bunch of clear acetate page protectors for a binder and put a piece of card stock inside each with all of the images stamped so I could see what the actual image looked like. I thought this was a GREAT idea!

Within a year they had all fallen off and the EZ mount cushion no longer stuck to anything, including acrylic blocks. I washed them with warm soapy water... nothing.

I called Sunday International and they told me that they stand behind their EZ mount as long as you store them correctly. The way I was storing them broke down the cling vinyl and that incorrect storage voided the warranty- so be careful.

We got all the specs and material information from Sunday International for correct storage and now all of our sets some with a binder sheet made of the proper material for storing rubber stamps that are attached to cling cushion, (EZ mount). (Same stuff that the new SU stamps are mounted on.)

So, please store your stamps properly to avoid having to replace the cling. If stored correctly, your stamps will cling for life.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post
I have an Excel file that has a spreadsheet for each of the following:

SU! sets: Name, product #, price, hostess/sab, catalog, year retired, date purchased
Inks/Coloring implements: description, product #, price, company, date purchased
Non-SU! stamps: Description, # of stamps, price, category (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, etc.), Company, date purchased
Books/Magazines: Title, Date, ISBN, Description, Company
Tools: Description, Type (i.e. Punch, Cutting, Embossing, etc.), Price, Company, date purchased

As for the locations, I have the following:

Current SU! sets: Bottom drawer of a three-drawer lateral. The other drawers hold all my 8 1/2X11 cardstock.
Retired SU! sets and non-SU! wood-mounted sets: I combined like sets and they take up three drawers of a four-drawer lateral
Wood-Mounted singles: Plexi-glass photo box frames by category in a 4 1/2 ft. shelved wood storage unit that DH built me last year. The remaining loose stamps are sorted by category in plastic 12x12 scrapbook storage boxes.
Unmounted Rubber clings: 3-ring binders. Images have been stamped on white cardstock that is stored in a separate binder.
Acrylics: I have two Close to My Heart storage boxes that I was keeping most of them in but recently purchased a spin rack with plastic pockets that I moved a majority of them to. I also have a plastic three-drawer container where one drawer is dedicated for the larger sets that don't fit in the other two units.

HOLY CROW!!! I bow to your greatness, IF I ever get this organized I must be dead!!!

I have my clear dollar stamps all in trading card pages in a binder, and I'm in the process of unmounting so no rhyme or reason there, but I do have a binder with pictures of every set I have .. and again.. no rhymr or reason there for now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:00 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use. It is WONDERFUL for me, and I have shared it with many here before. You can see screen shots and complete details here. I hope it is helpful to some of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
HOLY CROW!!! I bow to your greatness, IF I ever get this organized I must be dead!!!
It took me about 6 months of off-and-on sorting and typing. Now that the hard work is done, when something new comes in, I just put it next to my computer and put it in the spreadsheet before I put it away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to add that anyone going the Excel route may want to include product price - could help if you ever were unfortunate enough to need to replace anything though you may need to add more insurance to your home contents.

As I said before because I tend to do a lot of copy and pasting into my sheets from the manufacturer's site or from my own order email its quite easy to copy and paste the information over to my Excel sheets whilst I am adding to it.

I'm not an Excel expert by any means but I'm gradually adding all my supplies to different pages so I have all my information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Just wanted to add that anyone going the Excel route may want to include product price - could help if you ever were unfortunate enough to need to replace anything though you may need to add more insurance to your home contents.
This is why I started the Excel spreadsheet. We were in the process of getting renter's insurance and started listing all the items we would need to replace. I'm a SU! demo (but an equal opportunity stamper) so it also made good business sense to have a record of what I have. DH suggested that I also find an off-site (friend, another demo, data storage co.) to send a copy of my file for safe keeping. Still need to do this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post
This is why I started the Excel spreadsheet. We were in the process of getting renter's insurance and started listing all the items we would need to replace. I'm a SU! demo (but an equal opportunity stamper) so it also made good business sense to have a record of what I have. DH suggested that I also find an off-site (friend, another demo, data storage co.) to send a copy of my file for safe keeping. Still need to do this.
I'm still just trying to populate my excel workbook - thank goodness for on-line shopping where I can just cut and paste! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

I stamped all of my images to make a stamp index. Each set was stamped onto a "company" page that was then labeled with company & number (e.g. gina1 for the first gina k set). Then, I also stamped into categories such as floral, trees, dogs, animals, people, birthday, each holiday, love, transportation, background, flourishes, things, places and then also sentiments categorized into thank you, birthday, congrats, thinking of you/sympathy/get well, hello/friendship, love, quotes. So some stamps I ended up stamping 2-3 times depending on which categories it feel under. On the category pages, I then labeled the stamp with the company name & set number. Here is an example of the "all sentiment" page.

It took me about a week and I had only been stamping a year, so if you have a lot of sets, it could be a daunting task. But now I love it and by far the best thing I've done to help me use all my stamps.

The second best thing I've done is make a nestie index. After this picture was taken, I actually ended up taking them out of the binders and keeping them on my desk for quick reference. Oh, don't worry, the shapes that were cut out were put to good use, too.

Good luck in whatever method you choose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree.. excel spreadsheet is awesome. I have one spreadsheet with different tabs for different things, i.e. Stampin' up stamps, CTMH stamps, unmounteds, clear, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug folders, Sizzix dies... and I have the iphone, so I sent it to my phone so I have it with me.

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

It's so interesting reading this thread! I divorced my rubber cling-mounted sets (most are from Unity) and organized in categories. But my clear acrylic are still in CD cases together in the set they came in. If I'm looking for something I will usually just flip through what I have but that does take time. Definitely need to think about storage for my clear stamps next.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

I'm not good with using excell spreadsheet. In my other life (before retirement) I was a bookkeeper, so I had a lot of "columnar pads" so rather than throw them out I have utilized them by stamping my images on them by company. CTMH, SU, Stubby Stampers, Anna Griffin, etc. (you get the picture) each has it's own section in a 3-ring binder. Like someone earlier had posted , she put the product #, purchase date etc. (not quite as much info ) but I can look in the binder to refresh my memory on what I have, then I can know which company I got it from, so therefore I know where to look. CTMH are in their own envelopes so they go into the storage boxes for their stamps. All the rest are stored in CD cases so then I know which direction to look. The stamps that I use the most are in a box that sits close either at arm length or on the floor at my feet. I haven't mounted my SU stamps since early on. (about 6 yrs ago when I first started buying them, my consultant back then mounted them for me before she delivered) I wasn't buying too often back then. I am eally looking ofrward to having the choice of un-mounted from SU starting in Jan............ I hope I made sense out of describing my system............ it works for me and not every one would be pleased with it........ I do refer to the binder a lot. Like all stampers, I know pretty much what I have I just forget who made the stamp. LOL It saves me a lot of un-porductive time looking for a stamp.

Estelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
That is SOOOO true. A few years ago, I bought a bunch of clear acetate page protectors for a binder and put a piece of card stock inside each with all of the images stamped so I could see what the actual image looked like. I thought this was a GREAT idea!

Within a year they had all fallen off and the EZ mount cushion no longer stuck to anything, including acrylic blocks. I washed them with warm soapy water... nothing.

I called Sunday International and they told me that they stand behind their EZ mount as long as you store them correctly. The way I was storing them broke down the cling vinyl and that incorrect storage voided the warranty- so be careful.

We got all the specs and material information from Sunday International for correct storage and now all of our sets some with a binder sheet made of the proper material for storing rubber stamps that are attached to cling cushion, (EZ mount). (Same stuff that the new SU stamps are mounted on.)

So, please store your stamps properly to avoid having to replace the cling. If stored correctly, your stamps will cling for life.
Thanks for this info! I have a few cling stamps (the majority of my unmounted rubber are just bare rubber). I bought some of your binder sheets just now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

For my smaller sets, I get a scrap of cardstock and stamp all the images and 3-hole punch it. For larger sets, I will copy it from the last publication it was in.

Hope this Helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

I'm still a beginner at stamping and I store my clear ones in CD cases and just flip trough the cases. Though, I am making myself some kind of archive of all my stamps in just a Word file with columns ...but then I don't own that much stamps. Probably I will go for a printed out version that I'll put in a binder, so I can really flip trough the images. Maybe I'll categorize them like "sweet girls", "animals" and so on, but maybe even just by brand. Don't know yet, but will be keeping an eye on this nice topic for tips ;)

xxDebbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #36  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never mounted my SU sets, so I have the original sheets of labels. I keep those in numerical order in case I ever want to put the sets back together (to sell or give away, though I can't really see that happening!).

I have my stamps on clingmount stuck the the plastic storage panels. Currently, they're in 3-ring zip notebooks (binders), but I'm switching to these plastic cases. They come in black, so they'll match my craftroom.

I sort by theme as best I can. I have an index of photocopies of each stamp image/sentiment (or have stamped the image/sentiment) so I can quickly rifle through pictures if I want to do it that way.

I also have an Excel file with columns I can sort by theme, description of image or sentiment, company, binder number, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

I have all unmounted bare rubber and clear stamps. The clears I keep on acetate sheets, the bare rubber I stick to laminated sheets. I keep them in theme categories and don't have a problem splitting sets up. For each page, I have a corresponding catalog page with the stamped images. These are numbered, and so I just look through the image binder when choosing an image.

It took me a while to get used to going to the image binder to look for a stamp, rather than flipping through all the stamp sets. Now this works really well for me and keeps me organized when stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Because I don't have my own craft room right now, I don't keep keep track other than a container of Christmas, and one for Halloween and one for Florals etc. Same with acrylics.

When I get my own craft room I plan to put all wood mounted on display on narrow shelves out of clamshells standing up with images showing and divided by shelf for sentiments, Christmas, Halloween etc. Like they do in stores.

Unmounted will be sorted in a drawer in the same categories.

I am strictly a hobbyist so it is not important for my business to be that organized and I don't always need sets to be grouped together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post

Hi Gina

First of all, love your creations and have been watching a lot of your Stamp TV episodes lately (I'm still a beginner and love new tips). I even made a card set using one of your video's!

A question though, I now store my EZ-mounted stamps not on acetates, but on cardboard that I laminated using the regular laminating sheets that come with such a machine. Will that do, or do these also break down the cling foam?

xxDebbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittledotView Post
Hi Gina

First of all, love your creations and have been watching a lot of your Stamp TV episodes lately (I'm still a beginner and love new tips). I even made a card set using one of your video's!

A question though, I now store my EZ-mounted stamps not on acetates, but on cardboard that I laminated using the regular laminating sheets that come with such a machine. Will that do, or do these also break down the cling foam?

xxDebbie
Gina is pretty good about answering but of course she does have the boards for sale on her site so I would think that is the product she prefers and endorses.

I was going to go with laminating chipboard thickness cardstock but I'm at the point where I can't be bothered and am planning on buying the laminated chipboard sheets. From what I have read here the laminated cardstock does work its some of the acetate sheets that seem to have a reaction with the ezmount.
Reply With Quote Likes