View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #219
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
But why not just ignore it? Why let it bother you so much?
I really shouldn't wade into this but here goes nothing -

I think its the perceived sense of entitlement that many SU supporters (many representing themselves as demos) seem to exhibit. It really wasn't that long ago that there was a thread entitled something similar to Let's take back these boards for SU.

I could care less of whom is representative of what company. In this instance, we have a former SCS owner/SU demo that originally set up SCS and somehow some SU afficionados believe that that entitles them to more from SCS than others. I'm of the belief that SCS and SU have no legal overt agreement to allow overt promotion of SU, though continue to tacitly promote SU by providing a demo area specifically for SU demos.

From the presence on the boards, at times it does seem subversive in continuing to advertise the product and then guiding potential customers to their nearest demo - a one for all and all for one type concept to continue to generate free advertising for the company. Not a bad concept to garner as much free advertising as possible, but it is what it is and no need for anyone to say it isn't what is going on.

The entitled attitude just seems to be a bonus feature of the phenomenom.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!