View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #119
row4d
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
It's always sad how defensive SU Demo's get when anyone criticizes SU. I'd say take a step back and try to understand how others feel.

I worked for both a bookstore in my teens, and then a bank later on, and if I knew of a better product or price elsewhere, I'd tell the customer. You would not believe the loyalty that brought to me as a representative of the both companies. In the first year with the Bank, I won a week off with pay because I had sold a banking * product* that I believed in . But I'd also tell people where they could get a better deal if I was aware of one, or I recommend against a product if I did not think it was in the customer's best interests. Then people come to trust you and the company - and I could not do things any other way.

My point - always defending a company can lose you customers.
Sheesh, you make it sound like there are all these demos touting a product they don't actually believe in. As I see it, the "defending" of which you speak comes from enduring months (if not a year or two at least) of negative posts about how awful/incompetent/uncaring/greedy/oppressive/clueless Stampin' Up! is. They don't all come at once, more like in waves, and usually coinciding with some change or new offering from the company that people don't like. There are some demos out there feeling pretty beaten down from all the cattiness and snide comments about SU! being a "beginner's" company and inferring that "real" or "experienced" stampers aren't SUO in their crafting and those who choose to be are somehow stifled in their creativity. Maybe those folks who posted all those comments need to take a step back and understand how we SU! demos feel about that. At least we can finally have a reprieve from the "SU! is stupid because they don't sell unmounted" discussions that seemed to develop in just about every wish list thread.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!