View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #92
Cinnistew
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by row4d View Post
I think part of the unhappiness comes from the fact that we are all independent demonstrators and choose to run our businesses differently. I have seen many posts from folks who for whatever reason change demonstrators, and are upset that the new person doesn't do things the way their other demo did. Some demos give away lots of freebies and don't charge their customers for shipping, while many others can't afford to do that. Then the customer comes on here and vents about it, and five different SCS members tell them they need to drop this demo and find a new one, stat. How do you think that makes the demos who can't afford to buy and hand out six cases of catalogs or give away half their commission feel?

As a brand-new stamper, I did know that local craft stores offered many of the same products that were in the SU! catalog. Did it make me think any less of my demo for trying to sell me stuff from the company that she represented? Not at all, and I'd never insult her by calling her actions amoral or unethical.
Your first paragraph is something that should be addressed by Stampin Up. Personally, I genuinely like my Demo but I just think I have outgrown SU. Their product just does not excite me anymore like it used to. I have discovered too many great products out there that I prefer.

I never expect free anything when I place an order. I usually get a free catty because in the previous two cattys (since 2007) I purchased a lot of product because my neighbor caught my house on fire and my insurance replaced a lot of my stuff. One of my orders was over $700. I do always offer to pay for the catty though.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!