View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #82
Cinnistew
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Don't underestimate your fellow crafters -- I think we pretty much all know what's sold at the LSS, M's, etc. as well as appearing in the SU! catalog, KWIM? When I was a customer, I used to purchase that stuff from my demo (now my wonderful upline!) anyway, because I wanted to support her business. We've since become great friends.

Since when did sound business practice become an issue of morals/ethics? If you really want to go down that road, wouldn't it be unethical of me as a demonstrator to violate the agreement I signed four years ago agreeing not to demonstrate competitors' products during my events? I don't ever say that adhesives, trimmers, or die-cutting supplies can only be bought through SU! because obviously that's just not true. However, I am not going to actively steer people elsewhere, either. I just present the products and let them decide whether or not they want to order them from me. Most of the time, they do!
The people I was referring to are brand-new-to-stamping folks. Most people start out stamping with SU or another Demo-based company. I know when I first started I was overwhelmed with what I needed to get. I bought many things through SU that after looking around found were much lower priced at Michael's or Joann's. It made me feel like I was taken advantage of. I do realize the Demos job is to sell but where do you draw the line with this type of sales? I know I would feel guilty doing that to a newby stamper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!