View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #81
sewsplendidstamper
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnistew View Post
I was just stating my opinion.. no need to get defensive.

The event I am talking about is monthly stamp club that is non-SU... it is just about stamping for fun and sharing ideas. The problem is that one of the Demos brings all her SU stuff and keeps trying to demo it. Most of the members have attended her stamp camps at one time or another so why the need to try and sell it again at stamp club? No one else does this.

As for the Scor-Pal... you really should check one out. It is a fantastic tool and SO much easier than using the old scoring blade in the trimmer.

My Demo's (there are two that work together) say to bring scissors, adhesive, and "anything you would normally use when you stamp". They used to supply everything but that was a -long- time ago. With the new SU policy I won't be attending any more stamp camps if I can only use SU adhesives, etc. Besides, I am not learning anything new (or that I can't find a tutorial for on the internet) and there are no stamps I really like/need so why waste the money?
I'm sorry in your OP it was not obvious that this "event" was a group of people getting together to stamp. Have you or anyone else told her it's not the time or place for that?

As for feeling defensive you basically said that my selling to you while you are at my event is unethical because it's not your desire to buy. At least that's what I took from it. But obviously the place where your demo is attempting to garner sales is not her event and I agree it is rather pushy.

I still don't understand a demo asking a guest to bring things that we as demos should be showing and selling. But I think the confusion is what everyone is calling the events. Your idea of a stamp camp might be to get people together to stamp and maybe someone will place an order. My idea of a stamp camp is an event that people register and pay for where I provide ideas, supplies, projects, prizes, fun, snacks, information and take orders.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!