Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally Awesome cleaner from Dollar Tree -

What was it I was supposed to get this for? I remember seeing people raving about it, and now that I have finally gotten it I don't remember what people were raving about its use -

Was it for cleaning stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, for cleaning stamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

What's the name of the cleaner?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to knowthe name & what its used for too!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69View Post
What's the name of the cleaner?
LOL, it's name is "Totally Awesome" - it is a yellow liquid in the cleaning section of Dollar Tree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingersView Post
LOL, it's name is "Totally Awesome" - it is a yellow liquid in the cleaning section of Dollar Tree.
I got some of that, but decided not to use it after I read the label thoroughly. It has some pretty strong chemicals in it and lots of cautions. I'm not concerned for my stamps, but for my pets and grandkids. I don't like to keep things like that around for them to accidentally get into.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I use Simple Green for regular cleaning, and Totally Awesome for badly stained stamps. It works pretty well and you sure can't beat the price!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I got some of that, but decided not to use it after I read the label thoroughly. It has some pretty strong chemicals in it and lots of cautions. I'm not concerned for my stamps, but for my pets and grandkids. I don't like to keep things like that around for them to accidentally get into.
Really? I thought I read on it about it being nontoxic or something or another along that line - will have to pull it out again and see what is up with that. If so I will keep in my scrap room - lots of stuff in there that I don't let the kids get into (i.e. embossing gun, adhesive/glues, etc.) Thanks for the heads up, I must have misread. Though I have to say I would be hard pressed for any of my kids to voluntarily go near any cleaning products, they are usually far, far away from anything remotely resembling something called "work" or "cleaning" - LOL, and they are past the baby stage (5 and 9).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingersView Post
Really? I thought I read on it about it being nontoxic or something or another along that line - will have to pull it out again and see what is up with that. If so I will keep in my scrap room - lots of stuff in there that I don't let the kids get into (i.e. embossing gun, adhesive/glues, etc.) Thanks for the heads up, I must have misread. Though I have to say I would be hard pressed for any of my kids to voluntarily go near any cleaning products, they are usually far, far away from anything remotely resembling something called "work" or "cleaning" - LOL, and they are past the baby stage (5 and 9).
You had me wondering if I misread, or was thinking of another product. Here is what the label says:

"Warning eye irritant. Contains 2-butoxy ethanol. Keep away from eyes. First Aid: For eye contact flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists get prompt medical attention. If swallowed, give one or two glasses of water and call a physician, poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Keep out of the reach of children.

Caution: Avoid getting concentrate in eyes and prolonged contact with skin. If irritation occurs, wash thoroughly with water."

So, no this is definitely not non-toxic!

My dd has 6 kids under the age of 9, including a 3 year old and 2 year old. They visit often so I am super careful of what I keep in my house, even if it's supposedly "locked up." When there are so many kids at once, you would be surprised what they can get into.

Poisonous household cleaners are a soapbox issue for me. I feel about stuff like this just like I do about "unloaded guns." Lots of people are shot with supposed unloaded guns, and lots of kids are poisoned with "locked up" cleaners and chemicals.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Cool LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner

I followed a discussion on here re: LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner when I was looking for some info on the product. Don't know if this will help anyone, but I found the following information on a product review site:
_____

"LA�s Totally Awesome receives thousands of testimonials a year from people who use the product and write in to explain how LA's Totally Awesome removed pen stains from shirts, dried paint from paint brushes, cleaned grease and oil from cars or garage floors and much, much more.

LA�s Totally Awesome is biodegradable, non-flammable and contains no acid, ammonia or bleach. This unique, proprietary blend of ingredients includes water, surfactant agents and color. The cleaner is specially formulated for cleaning a variety of materials like floors, furniture, clothing and other household surfaces (the product is not recommended for windows or fine fabrics like silk and leather). Pick up LA's Totally Awesome at your local Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Only, Dollar General or Family Dollar Store.

Caution: This product contains 2-butoxy ethanol (use with care and follow label warnings).
_____

Hope it helps someone.

fransmission
Reply With Quote Likes