View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Jill with a G
Die Cut Diva

Distress inks are great to work with! I made a calendar for my husband last year, and mostly used the Ranger Distress inks. They were wonderful! Any ink pad though that is raised above the surface will work pretty good.
It depends on what you want the result to look like. I hold my paper to be inked in my left hand and the ink pad in my right and angle the ink pad to place the ink where I want it and then rotate the paper to be inked around with my left hand. Sometimes though, when I was distressing really white paper to look more aged, I inked the entire paper by placing the to be inked paper flat on my work suface, and took the entire surface of the ink pad and swiped it across the paper, and I liked what I did! Be brave and try it on scrap pieces first so you can see the effect, and then decide if you need more coverage or less coverage.
Someone mentiond Michelle Zindorf and she is one terrific tutor on this technique!
So is Tim Holtz! Just google Tim Holtz and you will find his blog and website, and he will WOW you with lots of techniques!
Those are two of my favorite inkers!
Remember to just HAVE FUN trying!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!