Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need vs. Want

I like many of the ladies on this site have organizational issues. There is more than organizational for my need.

I was introduced to stamping about 3 years ago. I joined the splitcoaststampers.com before I purchased my first stamp. I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to go to a swap where I fell head over heals in love with stamping.

Stamping was a release from a bad situation at home. Although I was never particularly organized back then, I had more room to spread out my stuff. After 8 years I left with not a lot on my back. I stopped stamping because all of my stuff needed to be put in storage because I had no place to store it. I was staying with friends so I could back on my feet.

In July I moved into my own space and to the best of my ability I have set up my stamping stuff... The issue I have is I have no table and everything is in large storage containers. So I stamp on the kitchen counter, bathroom counter or floor... Small space= small counters...BTW- The counter height is for people around 5’6 I am 6’0 so it’s a back killer…LOL While stamping and water coloring on a counter or on the floor is not convenient or easy, I do it because I love it.

The reason why I should win the Scrapbox it would fulfill a need verses a want. Don't get me wrong I have always wanted something like this. It would be cherished and appreciated. I am not in a financial position to purchase anything I need right now. I have never been the type of person to ask for anything or even accepted handouts. I have always tried to do everything on my own. I have realized with this experience sometimes you need to break down that wall and ask for the help. I have had very wonderful people help me get back on my feet. I feel embarrassed for even writing all of this but I feel the Scrapbox would really help me. It been hard starting over at 36 with nothing and it has been a humbling experience.

If I win The Original Scrapbox it will be used to bring my items out of the storage bins and organize them. That will free up a ton of space in my little 725 sq foot place. I will have a workplace for paper crafting and other hobbies. I will also have a place to eat instead of the counter. I am sure you never intended for meals to be eaten on it but it would also fulfill that need for me.

If I don't win it will not be the end of stamping for me. I know the person that is chosen will be just as deserving and eventually I will obtain the things I need. I hope you would consider me for this as it would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Stephanie

My Gallery

Last edited by zabrona; 10-01-2009 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Editing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

My Gallery

Last edited by zabrona; 09-30-2009 at 08:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

oh what we do for the hobby for we love...best of luck to you...
Reply With Quote Likes