Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Organize myself for my Sanity ~ New Pictures of a clean room posted

I am so embarrassed to admit that my stamping room is a total pig sty. I will post pictures. I have a small room and it is totally packed in there. My husband fixed up his office and put up shelves and it looked very nice. I told him I wanted his help and he built me the desk top that you can barely see in the pictures. He bought some heavy metal shelves for my fabric and I have to have the front bar in the front of the fabric which does not allow me to get my fabric out without taking the shelves apart, however, I can�t get to the shelves to get to the material let alone take it apart. Not to mention the shelves block off the side of the homemade desk and I can�t get to the additional storage area that he built under the sides.

This actually started a few years back. For my birthday a few years back, my husband bought me a tool box to put my stamping supplies in. Yes a tool box, I will attach picture. I think he wanted one in the shop for his tools and he figured if he bought it for me that he would get it regardless. However, I was very upset and mad to say the least and decided that regardless I was going to use this thing and he was not going to get my birthday present, and yes that was the only present I got that year for my birthday and I had to fix my own dinner that night. I put some of my stamping supplies into it and moved on from there. However, I�m still trying to figure out why he bought me a tool box.

In our house, my husband has room to roam. He has an office and the game room. The Shop/Barn and the double car garage for all his play things, and now he just built himself a new yard barn.

I have a small approximate 8 x 10 room in the house for all my crafts. I stamp, scrapbook, and quilt. Everything I have regarding my crafts are crammed into this small room as seen in the pictures.

I tried to move it all into our spare bedroom and straighten up the room however, my brother in law came to visit and my husband threw everything back into my office space, in no rhyme or reason, hence its present condition. I have no room to put anything in this room. One wall is from floor to ceiling. I am losing my stuff and it takes so long to find what I am looking for. When I get in new stuff I don�t have room to get it all organized and put away as I don�t have anywhere to go in the room.

I was in tears and with much reluctance I finally asked my husband for help as a final resort and he built me shelves in the closet to stack up my stamp sets. He put in the shelves with these large brackets that you can�t put stamp up close to. The shelves are not deep�.and he insist that we can�t make it the way I want it. When you put too many on the side or try moving them to get a set out to stamp with the shelves tip down and the sets all fall to the floor of the closet and they open up and the floor is so deep that now that the stamp sets have opened up the blocks are on the floor all over and you can�t get to them for lack of room.

I have to admit that my husband is an absolute brilliant man, however, carpentry is not his forte, therefore everything in my life seems to be �RIGGED UP� and put together just half way and I am getting so tired of living like this. I have a tendency to be a perfectionist and I can no longer handle this, it makes me sick to my stomach and I just want to cry.
I have always been such a control freak and everything has always been in its proper place.

When I married my husband, my life has been turned upside down. My husband puts NOTHING back in its original place�.provided he puts it away at all. A lady friend of mine told me years ago that if I loved this man, then I had to over look the small things and move on. I have tried and tried; now we have a 7 year old son that is the same way.
In order to maintain some level of sanity in my life, I need a space to go and hide and stamp. I need to have my space organized so that I have some control somewhere, even if it is just a 8 x 10 space. I need my organization and my perfect touch on my items. I need to be organized in order to maintain my sanity.

If I won the Workbox, I would pull out everything from the room and take the desk out and the crappy metal shelves that I can�t get my fabric in and out of. I would get a friend or hire someone else (not my husband) to make a REAL shelving unit and put my fabric away like it should be. I would put away all my stamp pads in one area and get the rest of my stuff put away. I would organize my stamping tools and accessories and put them all away. I would have a place for all my big shot stuff in one place. I would have new shelves built in the closet and put my stamp sets back in there so I can see them and get them off the floor where some of them have fallen. I would put away all my tools, ribbons, embellishments and etc and if I didn�t have room in the stamping room after that, I might be forced to finally after 6 years to give the tool box to my husband to put his drills and screwdrivers in.

Stay tuned as I will post pictures tomorrow!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Organize myself for my Sanity ~ New Pictures of a clean room posted-ribbon-dying-regionals-087.jpg  

Last edited by Stampee; 10-05-2009 at 05:07 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

My photos have been posted you can view the many reasons I need to get organized and why the ScrapBox Giveaway was made just for me.

This is when you first step into my stamping room....good luck not to trip and fall...
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

This is looking at the closet area. The stamp sets keep falling as the shelves are not deep and they fall to the sides and everything falls into a hugh pile on the floor.

This is the lovely tool box that I received for my birthday a few years ago.

I would be absolutely honored if you picked me so that I could get my life back together. Thanks for looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

If anyone out there can say they really truly need to be more organized than me...then please by all means give them the WorkBox....I don't think you can find anyone out there that needs it more than I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I want this so bad I can taste it....!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I wish I could be stamping but I can't get to my stamping stuff...boo hoo...I think I will go take a nap and dream of my WorkBox and getting organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

After I posted the pictures of my craft room, I was so embarassed that I had to start putting it back into order.....lol. I just don't have the room to put things away....what do I do......hummmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

It just keeps getting deeper and deeper....help me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Any ideas or suggestions on where to start????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

My husband is totally mortified that I actually posted the pictures of my scraping room. He said that the new tv show HORDERS was going to come in and film while I cleaned up.....LOL. He is such a funny man!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Pick me.....Pick me...Pick me!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I want to get into my stamping room!!! I want to stamp and sit in my room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I am dreaming of a new improved stamping room! One with that is organized to perfection!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

My craft room is a shambles. Very similar to yours! I have an issue with control too, but when I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I had to give up control. Paper crafts are the only thing left that actually help me. They are therapy. Seriously, the fine motor skills required to do paper crafts actually helped me get back the ability to feed myself, dress myself, and do normal everyday tasks. Because my room is so messy, I can't get to most of my supplies either. My husband moved everything into my craft room too. It hurt me, emotionally. He didn't even try to consider that I need to be able to get to things. I mean, I can walk with a cane, but I can't maneuver around boxes and spilled boxes.
I fell in there once. I was trying to get to a shelf, but I lost my balance while I was leaning over. When I fell, I was unable to turn over to get on all fours, which is the only way I can get to a chair to get myself back off the floor. I laid there having to kick things out of my way, in pain, until I had cleared enough to roll over. It was so demeaning.
Did he help me clean it up? NO! He is a great husband and is loving, but if it is not something he understands the purpose for (i.e. craft items) he thinks it should be trashed.
I do wish you luck, but I do think I should win. If I don't win, I do hope that you win.
God bless you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

How do I post pictures?

Thanks,
patt j
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Patt,
I have seen people who can post a thumbnail photo in their reply, but I don't know how to do that.
All I know how to do is upload the photos to your gallery (Click upload a card on the left). Use the keyword they said use in the rules.
Then copy those addys into your message. That's what I did anyway, and it worked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I myself haven't figured out the thumbnail either. I just posted it to my gallery and then I copied the link over to my post. Sorry I can't be more help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Default I wish we both could win..

I understand that completely. It is difficult enough when you can't get into the room but with MS it only makes thing even worse.

I wish you the best of luck.
Stampee

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativepzazzView Post
My craft room is a shambles. Very similar to yours! I have an issue with control too, but when I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I had to give up control. Paper crafts are the only thing left that actually help me. They are therapy. Seriously, the fine motor skills required to do paper crafts actually helped me get back the ability to feed myself, dress myself, and do normal everyday tasks. Because my room is so messy, I can't get to most of my supplies either. My husband moved everything into my craft room too. It hurt me, emotionally. He didn't even try to consider that I need to be able to get to things. I mean, I can walk with a cane, but I can't maneuver around boxes and spilled boxes.
I fell in there once. I was trying to get to a shelf, but I lost my balance while I was leaning over. When I fell, I was unable to turn over to get on all fours, which is the only way I can get to a chair to get myself back off the floor. I laid there having to kick things out of my way, in pain, until I had cleared enough to roll over. It was so demeaning.
Did he help me clean it up? NO! He is a great husband and is loving, but if it is not something he understands the purpose for (i.e. craft items) he thinks it should be trashed.
I do wish you luck, but I do think I should win. If I don't win, I do hope that you win.
God bless you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

My stepfather, used to white glove our bedrooms as kids. After 5 years of counseling, I have allowed myself just my crafting room to be somewhat unorganized, however, it is no longer just somewhat unorganized. If he were alive today, my room would be empty as he would have throw it all away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Good luck to you too :-) This is such a fun contest...and I do understand what you mean about not seeing the floor. I have been working in a 12"x12" area in the floor because I have cluttered the loveseat and the table with my crafts and if I keep eating like I have been that area won't work for me anymore (LOL) Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I am the cute little boy in the avatar. I am now 7 and help my mommy stamp from time to time. It is so hard to find her stamping stuff in that messy room. Please help my mommy get organized and let her win. I will get to stamp more if we can actually find that stamp pads.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I'm afraid that if I fall in there that everything will fall on top of me. I hope it makes a loud bang as the house is somewhat sound proof...I could lay in there for days.... and not be noticed.....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I'm off to dream of my organized stamping room!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't have the option of having things on the floor since my craft room is in the kitchen of my home and I have two sons, 1 and 2 years old. I have to keep everything out of their reach so I have stacks and stacks of "stuff" pushed towards the back of my craft tables. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Stampee,
Thanks for the tip about the thumbnail!! I need to go and put some pix on my page. Also, thanks for the wish for luck. I agree. There should be two winners. Me and you!! ;)

Ohh, I just added a post to my thread that repeats what I told you here, but I added a funny note in there. Check it out. Plus, I used the thumbnail attachment!!
Thanks again

Last edited by creativepzazz; 09-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: ETA more info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I had dreams that I actually sat in my stamping room and stamped cards and Christmas cards, and got a couple of scrapbook pages done....then my darn alarm clock rang and I had to wake up and we all know what I woke to......lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

You have a stamp room????? I'm prepared to make this LIVING ROOM furniture!!! I'm a better choice, but thanks for trying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

I use my dining room table as you can't even walk into my craft room, which is also in the basement, if I didn't tell you all. Yes the dreaded old BASEMENT!

You can't even see the floor in my room as I walk on a layer of stuff that would now be considered trash so I have to throw it all away.

I wish men were more sensitive to our workspaces....do you think they would be working down in the basement?

Nope!!!! If so not for long, they would carry it upstairs and work from the dining room table. Or from the coffee table in the living room as my husband does. And if I bring my crafting supplies upstairs I get the evil eye.

Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I'm off to dig for stamp pads to stamp a fall card...If I don't post in a while....call for help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Get it......Fall Card!!!!

I'm too funny for words.

And no I didn't find the colors I wanted so now I have to search again in the other side of the room.....yikes....I am so afraid of the other side of the room.....there are stamp sets that hit the floor and haven't seen the light of day in months......poor stamp sets......awwwwwww.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I am laughing way too hard...the replys I have gotten to me posting my pictures are wonderful and only are going to help me get more organized in my stamping room. Some of the PM's were the best.....keep them coming as to my solution to my mess and I will keep you all updated thru the process of me cleaning it up.

I think I will be needing a pat on the back from time to time during this process and a reminder of how wonderful it will be when I can stamp in there again.

Thanks
Stampee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Not to mention, when I can actually find my supplies in a limited amount of time.

www.stampeescafe.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

I have worked on and created a wonderful card. I found most of what I wanted to stamp with and I'm going to post my card in the next day or two. I just love the autumn colors and the changing of the leaves.

Hope you are all having fun with the contest. Thanks OriginalScrapBox and SCS you are both wonderful for hosting this opportunity. Thanks again.

www.stampeescafe.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

Are we all still having fun? Can we smell the fresh alderwood? Ummmmm.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I can smell the fresh alderwood for sure... what you are smelling is the smell of the stamps that have fallen out of the packages... I am the only one that can smell the alderwood...
Of course, I had a dream last night too. Honestly, I dreamed I won The Original Scrapbox Workbox. Problem was that when they delivered it, they sat it (assembled) in the middle of my craft room and had to move things to put it there. There was so much stuff in front of it that I couldn't even see it! I kept trying to move boxes, but the piles would fall on me!
Of course, I would love to have that problem!! At least I could get things where they belong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

That would be a nightmare!

Just so you know, I'm making room for my new cabinet! I can't wait for them to delivery it. Just a tad late for my birthday, but just in time for my anniversary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

I had dreams of alderwood again....two night in a row.....how sweet is that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Judge me not for my mess until you walk a mile in my shoes.

I own my own business and I work 60 plus hours M-F not to mention 4 to 5 hours each weekend. Yes that comes with owning my own business. Not to mention I am a demonstrator and hold 2 to 4 classes and clubs a month.

Since my brother in law was here, my hours have increased and I have not had much time off. Now that I have 2 more employees on board and up and trained, I will be taking a few days to myself. I was going to just enjoy and relax a tad, however, there was this contest that I thought would be fun to enter, and I posted these pictures of my stamp room you know, and now I have to face the real world and no just in case your wondering, the rest of my house is clean!!!!! And funny enough....some of you have actually asked that question!!!!

I am a type A personality and my stamp room is stressing me out beyond.....the ledge. I have no storage space to put away the little items. My shelves keep falling to the floor and the cases of my stamp sets some have opened and the wood blocks fell everywhere....ususally this happens just minutes before I have to leave to go to a workshop....not leaving much time for pick up.

I am now taking any spare moments I have after our son is down for the night and picking up pieces of it.....I will keep you all updated as many of you had lots of questions on how I could let it get so bad, how many years of (s)crap is that???? The questions went on...and on........thanks for the concern of my poor stamping room.

Again don't judge me....until you walk a mile in my shoes.

I wish you all the best of luck in this contest and enjoy the chat as it has been wonderful and I have had the chance to chat with some wonderful deserving people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

Listen, I see your dilemma. However, try to look at the bright side...you have an entire room to work with and you can shut the door! Your husband has his own office! My crazy is out for all to see and my husband works out of our bedroom! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

When we lived in Texas, both my husband and I worked from home and we both had a desk inthe bedroom. So I understand that completely. And yes, I do have a door to close and hide the room from all...and when clean....I can close the door and hide from all.

As an update, I can walk 3/4's the way into the room....yeah! I am just making space for my new WorkBox.....lol. Regardless the room needed cleaned and this shamed me into it....so more power to the contest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampeeView Post
If anyone out there can say they really truly need to be more organized than me...then please by all means give them the WorkBox....I don't think you can find anyone out there that needs it more than I do.
Wow you do have a mess but I wonder if I might need it a bit more than you??? You still have a room I don't have. LOL

Check it out. Forums at Splitcoaststampers

This is my stampin space. The only space in my house is my closet. I have 5 kids and 4 rooms. Four of my kids share 2 rooms and we do not have a basement or another room or a garage or attic. Our livingroom and dining area is only big enough for the furniture. My table is unbelievably uneven I have to stamp on a board in my closet on the floor. It has been 2 1/2 yrs and i just made due with it. I have no table and no chair so I have to keep it crammed. My 12x12 paper is in a box getting more bent as I pull it out and put it back.

I don't know but this is close...I hope I win.

Finally...
A Gallery

Last edited by in2stamps; 09-29-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes