Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question paper for wedding invitations?

im going to help my friend make her wedding invitations. i was wondering if anyone knew of any online sites that have good deals on paper in bulk, i would guess we will be making like 100-150 invites. she hasn't picked a color yet, so preferably places that have a variety of colors, but any online stores would be great.

thanks much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tara1601View Post
im going to help my friend make her wedding invitations. i was wondering if anyone knew of any online sites that have good deals on paper in bulk, i would guess we will be making like 100-150 invites. she hasn't picked a color yet, so preferably places that have a variety of colors, but any online stores would be great.

thanks much!

I made my brothers wedding invitations and used Papertrey's white cardstock. I LOVE it!!! It is such a nice sturdy paper. 40 sheets are $6. I made 120 of them, because of the style they wanted I needed the full lengh, but I didn't think $18 was too bad!
Here is the link: http://www.papertreyink.com/pb_paper.html
HTH!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

what did the invites look like?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

There are loads of sites - it might be worth doing a search on here because I know many people have answered before.

I got some lovely Neenah Solar White from Xpedx - they have stores and mail order. I have also heard of Marco's Paper and there are many more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anchor Paper! Two years ago I did a friends invites. They have beautiful paper, an amazing selection, the customer service person was wonderful, she sent gobs of samples of shades and finishes to choose from and then advised on the cuts to keep costs down and have the paper perfectly cut to our needs. (We wound up choosing Stardust ... which was absolutely beautiful. We used the cardstock for the outside and a thinner paper (still stardust) for the inside so the invite didn't get bulky.) They're online and out of MN. Two years ago they were less expensive than Marco, another great resource for selection but we found them not to be so customer friendly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Not sure what type of invitations you will be doing, but large artist paper can be good. For my pocketfold invitations I used Canson Mi Tientes paper, which is actually for pastels. I bought it from CheapJoesArt.com. There are other artist sites like Jerry Artarama, MisterArt. I actually was able to get a free swatch sampler directly from Canson. With a large mat cutter, I could get 3 invitations, 2 church programs and background pieces for CD favor covers out of 1 sheet of paper which cost me 95 cents. Very economical! Def try researching some wedding sites, like do-it-yourself sites for tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

http://www.cutcardstock.com has great prices.......

If you want something subtle but shimmery....... I just bought this... I love it

http://www.cutcardstock.com/index.as...PRODGROUP&ID=2

the prices are very reasonable and i had a great time using this paper this weekend

The shimmer doesnt really show until you tilt the paper towards the light, It would make lovely invitation, very very classy.......... has a full range of envelopes, text weight paper etc.

I had a question and called customer service, I didnt spend a minute on hold and was greeted by a human who was pleasant and helpful.

Also check with AngelNorth for a suggestion, that gal knows her paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I just got some beautiful samples from Paper & More. They have a beautiful array of colors and have several finishes. I'm doing my son't wedding invitations and got Deep Brown linen....it's very rich & elegant. Their samples are like 50 cents a sheet, but it was well worth the price to see if the kids liked it. They LOVED it!! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

thanks ladies! im not sure yet what style she has in mind, and what colors, i know she was talking about bright colors...like pink,yellow,orange,green, etc...but she hasnt narrowed down her choices yet... i was just trying to get a heads up so i know where to look once she decides!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm going to make my own wedding invitations and will probably be buying from this brick-and-mortar store in NYC, which has a huge online store too:
www.paperpresentation.com

They have all sorts of paper for different kinds of invitations. They also have recycled paper if that is important to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give a big shout out for Anchor Paper too!! I have made several wedding invitations, and have found Anchor Paper to have the best prices, a great selection of specialty papers, many of which they carry in the large format which you can have cut to order. Their minimum order amounts are lower than most of the companies I've dealt with, and their customer service is terrific!

Other companies are paper-source.com, creativepapersonline.com, thepapermillstore.com, paperandmore.com, paper-papers.com, and LCIpaper.com. Once you've decided which paper you want to use, do your homework and do some online searches to find which company will give you the best price on the paper as well as the envelopes. You'll find there can be a wide range in the price from company to company, and one company might have paper cheaper and another one the envelopes to match it.

Good luck with your project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

subbing for good info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Paper Cuts is located in WI. I understand they have a facebook site, and I know they have TONS of colors. Also Anchor Paper is in several places in MN, but I don't know about the number of color choices. Good Luck with the invites - and my best to the bride & groom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

envelopemall.com is great! that is where i purchased all the paper for my wedding--they have great prices on the stardream metallics line (that is also carried by Paper Source at a much much higher cost).

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes