Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you post HERE first or on your BLOG?

I've always wondered about this and since I don't think I have an opinion, I'm coming to YOU! I frequently schedule posts for my blog the night before so that when I get up in the morning I can leisurely stamp knowing something has already posted on my blog.

However, once I design something I am excited to post it so I usually post here to SCS then schedule a post for the next day or next available day on my blog rather than post it that day. That helps me be consistent on my blog and sometimes gives me a few days of no stamping without my blog being ignored. Don't get me wrong, no one is on the edge of their seat waiting for my daily post, and I still don't manage to post every day, but I like to when I can.

So the question is, do you get irritated when you see a card in a gallery here with a gallery link to a blog where that particular card hasn't posted yet? My link to my blog is just one line at the end of my description, it does not say something along the lines of "click here to read more or for more details" etc unless it is already posted. TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

If I post a project both on my blog and in my SCS gallery, I rarely if ever post it here until the scheduled posting appears on my blog.

I would be confused and disappointed if I clicked on the link to your blog and your card or project wasn't there as indicated by the presence of the link.

I have on rare occasion edited my gallery post to add a blog link later if I posted on SCS and then a day or two later decided to add the card to my blog as well. Editing is easy so go back and add the link after your blog posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I always post to my blog first. Sometimes I don't even post it here....but if I do, I can then link to the actual post on my blog, instead of just a general link to my blog.

Did that even make sense? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I post on my blog first, as well. Then I can upload it here, copy/paste the card recipe from my blog. And I always post the link directly to the same card on my blog, not just my blog in general. I can't tell you how many times I saw a beautiful card in the gallery here, then it says, 'for deets visit my blog', so I click on the link. Unfortunately the pic must have been posted a while ago and I can't find the card on the blog. VERY frustrating, so I usually give up and leave the blog, and no comments either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I agree with Michelle and Katarina. The link needs to be to the specific card, not just to your blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #6  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

well....i post to both- usually my blog first. I get so few views here that it doesn't concern me to post them both-there is no way everyone can see everything.

i get what you mean though Kristin, about wanting to post right away!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
well....i post to both- usually my blog first. I get so few views here that it doesn't concern me to post them both-there is no way everyone can see everything.

i get what you mean though Kristin, about wanting to post right away!!
Same here....my blog...and then sometimes like today when I have some extra time, as an afterthought I'll post here in my gallery. No one looks at my stuff here, or comments anyway, so it's not a priority for me to have it up-to-date. But if I'm ever applying for something or someone is asking about my work, I like to have the gallery here to have all my creations easily-viewed in one place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

...I post to my blog (not here any more) simply because I KNOW it will be seen and commented on there. Here, maybe because of the volume of work presented each day, most stuff goes through without a comment at all....I guess I am vain enough to actually LIKE someone say something about what I am making!

Cheers,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellpoleView Post
...I post to my blog (not here any more) simply because I KNOW it will be seen and commented on there. Here, maybe because of the volume of work presented each day, most stuff goes through without a comment at all....I guess I am vain enough to actually LIKE someone say something about what I am making!

Cheers,
Michelle
You took the words right out of my mouth. Off to check out your blog now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

I have been posting here due to someone strange keeps following my on my blog. In fact, I haven't even stayed updated. Need to create a whole new blog actually. I have this strange man that will not leave on there and he is was somewhere funky.
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm with most of you. I post on my blog first and then here 2nd. Rarely do I get any comments here either. When I post here, I do give all of the details for the card/project. I only post here from time to time, but I try to post every couple of days on my blog. I do put my blog link, but only so people can check out my blog if they want to see more of my cards/projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks to all who have replied. I sort of thought that might be the general concensus but I am kind of surprised at the number of people who don't post here at all now. I'm so sad about that- please come back! There are so many times when I search for a specific stamp set or tool and SCS is a great way to do that. I always figure there are zillions of blogs out there and the chances of someone finding mine in particular are probably kind of slim. For some reason I feel I get more comments here than on my blog, regardless of the traffic for that day... hmmm, interesting.

But, I will start doing just that, posting to my blog first then here. I already knew that people get irritated to go to a blog and find a general link instead of for the specific card they are looking for, but if I say "see my blog for the deets" or anything like that it is always straight to that post. Otherwise I don't say anything and just make my blog link like a signature line. I suppose I'm assuming people know that and shouldn't!

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

i just started a blog, i post faithfully on SCS, then my blog.
the blog is slow starting, a few readers, but i talk more here...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I am the reverse of most of you! I post to SCS first, and much of what I make never makes it to my blog. That's mostly because my blog is not my number one priority right now. I get only a small amount of traffic on my blog and my followers are few. I don't even put my blog link on my gallery posts here...although there is nothing that keeps me from doing that! My gallery here has become my record of what I have done. A blog may not be as permanent.

I also wish everyone would post everything to SCS. I don't have time to go hunting through every blog in the blog world. Here, I can peruse the gallery, favorite wonderful creations, search for particular sets or stamp companies, etc. If you don't post to the gallery here, I will likely never find your creations.

As for the disappointment with lack of comments...consider this: There are approximately 1000 to 1300 new items posted every day here on SCS. That is close to one item per minute, round the clock! What that means is unless someone has unlimited time here, they can comment on less items. The volume is just too great. You can only comment on what you see when you visit this site. The fact is that the most comments are done on cards for challenges, because people are searching that gallery. I try not to get wrapped up in the number of comments (I know that is hard to do).
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
I agree with Michelle and Katarina. The link needs to be to the specific card, not just to your blog.
I agree here~~~I almost always post it to my blog first and then come here and post it--sometimes I can't get over here right away after I post on the blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #16  
Desmond's Darlin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristin MooreView Post
I've always wondered about this and since I don't think I have an opinion, I'm coming to YOU! I frequently schedule posts for my blog the night before so that when I get up in the morning I can leisurely stamp knowing something has already posted on my blog.

However, once I design something I am excited to post it so I usually post here to SCS then schedule a post for the next day or next available day on my blog rather than post it that day. That helps me be consistent on my blog and sometimes gives me a few days of no stamping without my blog being ignored. Don't get me wrong, no one is on the edge of their seat waiting for my daily post, and I still don't manage to post every day, but I like to when I can.

So the question is, do you get irritated when you see a card in a gallery here with a gallery link to a blog where that particular card hasn't posted yet? My link to my blog is just one line at the end of my description, it does not say something along the lines of "click here to read more or for more details" etc unless it is already posted. TIA!
I wait to post here so I can link the details, I am too lazy to add ALL the details here And on the blog so it makes it easier for me

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Im the same as most. I post to my blog first, then every couple weeks, I post everything here, with direct links. As for comments, the faster you play a challenge and upload your card, the more likely you are to get feedback. I play challenges sometimes and if I am stumped, I look at the cards that have already been uploaded. I think this happens a lot soif you play a challenge, try to upload right away. Also, please upload closeup, focused, well-lit pictures. I have clicked on interesting looking thumbnails only to find that there is a blurry, dark picture. If I can't see it properly, I won't comment on it.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Last edited by Rebecca Ednie; 09-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I like to schedule my posts too so I wait to post on SCS until the post is up so when I type the deets about a card I can direct them to the specific blog post where directions are. I often post free templates and cricut cutting flis so I don't want people to have to wade through my other posts to find what they want. Hope it helps. Also I tend to post at SCS a weeks worth of stuff in one day, is that bad?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I post to my blog first, then I copy and paste the supplies used and most of the time my entier blog post here. I give a link to my blog at the end of my post here in case anyone is interested in popping over there. I don't usually post the specific card link as I don't get much traffic from here to my blog.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #20  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Blog first so I can put hte link to that project with my SCS upload.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #21  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

What an interesting question!

Most of the time, I post here at SCS first!

I don't include a blog link here until "after" I have posted the project to my blog, even if it's a day or two later as needed, as I always post the specific blog link to that project. (I do that because personally, I don't care for general blog links that don't show the specific project.) ;) Sometimes I 'work ahead' on projects, so that's why I go ahead & post it here first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I post on my blog first. Then I can easily cut and paste my recipe into the description box (rather than filling out each category in the gallery). I usually post the same day if my project is SCS worthy. I include a link to the project only if there is additional info. Otherwise, just my blog link.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I wasn't regular gallery poster at SCS but I'm gradually becoming one because I feel that looking at the cards in the gallery give me a lot of ideas so I should also give back.

That said, I post to my blog first and then do a kind of bulk upload to SCS. I do not post a link to my blog (the specific card or the blog in general) on the gallery post. I find it distracting to have to go to a blog to learn about the card unless of course there's a tutorial with pictures/video.

Who does not like comments but I'm satisfied looking at the number of views my cards have in the gallery and I'm pretty sure that must be higher than the number of views my card has on my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

The only thing I get irritated about is when someone posts a card in the gallery and puts a link to their blog without posting the basic info about the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by joykView Post
The only thing I get irritated about is when someone posts a card in the gallery and puts a link to their blog without posting the basic info about the card.
I Second that ^. Basic info is usually all we need.....it only takes 2 - 3 minutes to type in basic details. If I feel I need really specific info I will PM the poster.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I usually blog it first, and then upload it here, copying and pasting the recipe info, as I don't like filling in field boxes. LOL!

And, generally, if I think the additional details at my blog on that project in particular would be helpful, I'll link it from here to that exact blog post on my blog, so people don't have to dig to find it weeks/months later.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

I put it on my blog first. I know more people, (my regulars) will see it there. I'm not saying that people dont look at my gallery here, but I dont get many comments here. My blog isn't terrifically busy, but its great to look at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also post to my blog first. But I have to admit I have been neglecting my SCS gallery. I have planned on updated it ASAP, but somehow I never end up having time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

My answer is... it depends. Usually I post on my blog then, if it's relevant to SCS (mostly SU or a member company products) then I post here right afterwards. BUT if I made a card for one of the daily challenges and I had already posted something on my blog for that day then I will post the card on SCS first so it's in the challenge gallery the day of the challenge then I will schedule it on my blog for the next day. Since the people who see my gallery are not the same people who view my blog, I don't care if my project is posted in both places.

As for the number of comments that some have mentioned, in general, I receive more comments on a project on my blog than I do in the gallery unless it's a challenge card then I get lots more on my SCS gallery than on my blog.

I only put a link to my blog in an SCS post if the project I posted to my gallery has actually also been posted on my blog. Otherwise, I don't bother.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here first...no Blog...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #31  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Love the variances!! Vive la' difference' !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #32  
Vintage Vixen

I just started a blog a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't established a method yet. And most likely not everything I post on SCS will be included on my blog. My Splitcoast gallery is going to be pretty much everything I make. My blog is just for certain things.

I don't get many comments in either location. But that's not why I do this. :p
Reply With Quote Likes