View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
love2praize
Matboard Maniac

Default Opinions needed please!

Hi all! Some of you have been so wonderful with previous questions about techniques and cards, I wanted to ask a few more.

After asking for opinions on which stamp sets to begin with, I decided to order Fresh Flowers and then I'll move on from there (Watercolors, Tags and More, and one of the sayings sets). Anyway, I've seen a lot of wonderful cards with this set and wanted to know some favorite color combinations and techniques for this set. Also - Some of the cards I've seen have flowers and/or leaves cut out - I've tried this on smaller stamps and I feel like they were cut out by my DS - any suggestions on cutting things out well to add dimension?

A few misc questions - what size are most of the cards posted in the gallery? I wish I had a better sense for these things. I've only been to a few workshops, so I haven't seen a lot of examples or ideas.

What is the technique for dry embossing? I haven't quite figured this one out from examples I've seen either.

Finally - where do you usually start when designing your cards - the stamps, the color combinations, the occasion? I want to really dive into this, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Too bad some of you wonderful ladies don't make house calls!! HA!

Love this site and all the helpful people here! :P Julie Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!