View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #917
swain78
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread, so many have so much to say! So I just want to add in my 2 cents.

I do not like the new changes. I am a SU demo, and I love being a demo, I love the product, I love having workshops, I love (and need) the extra income.

When I host stamp clubs & workshops, I use nothing but SU! product, but when I am making projects for my own creative outlet, I have recently started branching out and incorporating other companies & products. And listing them in my gallery as well as on my blog, like I do for all the projects that are original to me.

What bothers me most, is a matter of personal principal, I think it is disrespectful to use someone elses art (in stamp form) and not give them credit for it. So if I decide to continue with Stampin Up, personally I will have to stop using all other products, because if I were the creator of something, and someone did not give me or my business credit, it would be offensive to me, so I would not do that to someone else, knowing if it were me I would be offended.

Also, the new IDA is not going to weaken or grow my business one way or another - my customers are not my customers because of my blog, they are my customers because of personal relationship.

I have not decided if I will continue with SU or not. If it were based on character of the company alone - I would stop. But unfortunately, I have to consider the income as well - I feel like I am compromising my character and personal beliefs by even considering staying.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!