View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #802
Phantom
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinalex View Post
I very rarely comment here, but love SCS for the friends I have made and the talent that is displayed. However, I am saddened by the generalities some of the comments make about behaviors of demonstrators. I am a demonstrator, I love being a demonstrator, and I have never, not once, in all the time of being a demonstrator, done something nasty or "cutthroat" to a fellow demonstrator. I have to say, I resent the implication that we are all that way. Yes, there are probably a few as there are in any large group demographic - I hazard to guess most of the crafting companies represented here have them, but please do not slam all demos because of this. When you get right down to this, it is a personal choice for the demonstrator on whether they want to comply with the new IDA - nobody is making anyone do anything. Make the decison for yourself, but leave all the negativity out of it....it tends to muddy the waters and many of the actual facts get lost in the murkiness. I am a demo, I will be staying a demo because it is a choice I am making. It saddens me to think that folks here think that demos should be removed from the SCS site - why? I come here for inspiration, to see the challenges, to chat with my friends, and to see what's new.....I don't think that changes just because of the new SU! rules. I for one would miss coming here.
I believe you are misrepresenting the comments made. The suggestion or wish was expressed that the separate demo forums be removed. That demos and non-demos had equal access to all aspects of SCS and became one unified community, not set apart. No one has suggested that SU demos not participate on SCS.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!