View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #628
Mrs Nickel
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlydecou View Post
I keep coming back and reading all the posts, and I still just feel a lot of anger at the whole SU decision, and personally think it's incredibly stupid! If SU is a business for you then of course you are going to be following these rules. Makes sense. If you are a hobby demo like many of us are, then SU is still getting our money. We are putting in more orders than we probably would had we not been demos, PLUS, we are using your products and promoting them on our blogs! It's FREE advertising for them!!! I don't make SU only cards most of the time, and I am on 2 Design Teams and I promote their products as well! WHO CARES!!! SU is still getting FREE advertising on almost everything I make! NOT ANY MORE!!! This decision makes me want to boycott SU. I have already informed my group of friends who faithfully put in order EVERY MONTH that I no longer support SU and they wholeheartedly agree with my decision. What was the harm in letting us have our freedom to create! Their supplies were being used on a regular basis but the fact that they want to stifle my creativity like that makes me outraged! You will not tell me what I can put on my personal blog, and what inspires me!!! It's my hobby!!! Those who are involved with SU as a business make different decisions, and won't be affected by this! How stupid can they be not to see this!!! Am I wrong here???
I FEEL YOU ARE CORRECT, KERRI!

Why didn't they just amend this for those demo's that are of a certain 'level' like 'SENIOR SUPERVISOR and above' who are probably the ones really working the business as business?

As another intelligent gal said, "ONE cannot live on SUP alone!" and might I add, at least NOT one who feels they have true artistry and want and NEED to express it. WHY would any artist want to put a limit on themselves? They wouldn't. SUP offers only "SO MUCH" and does not have a vast array of creative-options ENOUGH to expect us to keep to their product ONLY.

Ya follow?

Instead of stifling us and our customers, step up to the plate and offer MORE so we will WANT TO USE ONLY SUP PRODUCTS! When you have covered enough creative-ground and offer a variety of art mediums like alcohol markers like COPIC, glitter glues like Stickles and versatile/stackable/cookie cutter dies like nestibilities (just to name a few), I may re-think using SUP ONLY products but until then........
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!