View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #603
SavvyKat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Nickel View Post
I think one gal a few pages back said it best that 'when we signed our original contract with SUP!, we agreed to not sell or promote other companies at our WORKSHOPS, CLASSES, etc.'

NO WHERE did we say that IN OUR OWN PERSONAL TIME we wouldn't work at the Local Scrapbook Store or IN OUR OWN TIME 'NOT share our creations of other products' on our 'personal blogs'.

If I was paying SUP $5.00 a month to host my blog, like blogspot does for free, then I would see how they could ask me to stop showing other product on my SUP based-blog. But my blog is mine, ya follow?

Correct me if I am wrong, but how is this any different if I was working full time at Walmart and had an extra part time job at Kmart? Walmart doesn't have a rule that if you work at Kmart part time you can't tell anyone, right? I know these are apples to oranges in comparison, but do you know what I mean?
I totally agree with this post!!! Legally SU! CANNOT mandate what you do in your free time.

Would be interesting to see if someone pushed them on this issue.

If it is your personal blog and you are using other products or linking to someone who happens to sale fantastic stamps it is your choice! Stampin UP! can't mandate what their demonstrators do in their free time or with their resources. It really is that simple!

Now if you are promoting other companies on a blog or website that Stampin Up! hosts they can mandate what you can and can't post, as far as I know they don't own typepad, blogger, or any other blog hosts sites...LOL

Last edited by SavvyKat; 09-03-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!