View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #65
mothermars
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
[/COLOR]

That's not how I read this...it just says that we can't link to it, we can still participate if we don't link, anyone else read it the same way I do?:

Q: I regularly participate in online forums relating to the craft industry, and maintain a gallery of my artwork on one of these forums. With the new IDA, is this activity still allowed?

A: Yes. Participating in forums and posting your projects for your fellow crafters can be an important method of inspiration and recognition. It's important to note that the new IDA does not prohibit this kind of activity.

However, there are some guidelines now associated with activity using any electronic media. Consider the web site or online community you choose to participate in. Does it actively promote or market other craft companies? Does it provide information on products or catalogs for other stamping, scrapbooking, or home decorating products or companies? If you directed your customers to the web site, would they have the opportunity to learn about and purchase similar products from other companies, and not from you? If the answer is yes, then under the new IDA guidelines, you should refrain from linking to the site in your other personal electronic communications, regardless of your personal activity on that forum or web site. We understand that this may be difficult for some, but hope you understand the impact on your customers when you direct them to a location where their attention is diverted from you and the products you have to offer. We are currently exploring ways to provide more of an open community and sharing environment to our demonstrators, and will keep you updated on any new developments.

Okay, so demonstrators CAN participate on SCS gallery, but they can't link to SCS, "from your personal electronic communications," nor should they, "directed [sic] your customers to the web site." In other words demonstrators should pretend SCS, as well as all those other wonderful websites out there who are not SU-only, don't exist when talking to customers. Nope, sorry, but if I couldn't have led my former customers to SCS so they could see all the amazing things they could do with SU products in conjuction with non-SU products (such as Anything BUT a Card on the gallery), I wouldn't have had a successful business for five years. SU is hinting that they are coming up with something for their home page, but it's too little, too late, AGAIN.

I'm outta here. Sorry, SU. You're not the only company out there, and you're not the best anymore. You can find me at my local scrapbook store. I'll finish my last SCS post the way I started. I'm SO glad I left SU.

Last edited by mothermars; 09-01-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!