Thread: PINS
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #15
bwstamper
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMoma View Post
Thank you so very much for all of this information!!! Can you tell me where, in Michaels, that I will find the "stick pins"? When you refer to the "clutch", I'm assuming it's the little thing at the bottom and I'm also assuming that it comes with the "stick pins"???? Fortunately, I purchased on of those crimp tools several months ago and I have some of the crimp beads. Do I have to match the size of the crimp bead with the size of the stick pins?

By the way, your card is lovely and I left a comment!!!

Pam
I don't think you need to match the size of the crimp to the pin. It just needs to slip on the pin. The pins are in the beading section of Michaels with the metal findings. Yes the clutch is the little thing at the bottom and they are often sold separately from the pins. Sometimes they are in sets like the example I showed you. The way that I use the crimp tool is to place the groove closest to the handle over the crimp bead and mash then turn the pin and place the groove closest to the point over the crimp bead and mash again. This makes it round. HTH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!