View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
winniethepoodle
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
I won't go to Archivers again either. But not because of rude service - but because the prices are outrageously high for everything except what's in the clearance section. My husband got me a gift certificate last Christmas, so I finally went last month and found 2 punches that I was willing to pay full price for. The stuff is cute and all, but when I can find really unique stamping stuff online wayyyyyyyy cheaper, or better yet - free shipping at scrapbookingalley.com I have no reason to go back to Archivers and settle for whats on their shelves. But BTW, I refuse to shop at my local ma & pa scrapbook stores too. Prices too high - inventory too limited. I wish them the best of luck, but they don't get my discretionary income either. Now...... Pat Catans....... that's a different story. Love that store. But probably 80% of my stamping supplies are purchased online.

I have to agree 100% with this statement. On the rare occasion I go to Archivers (Maple Grove, MN), everything is so outrageously expensive that I usually walk out with nothing. I get much of my stuff from SU and if i need to get some contraband, I buy it at Joanns or online.

It should be noted though that I have never had a problem with the employees at A but the store did put a nearby mom and pop rubber stamping store out of business which kind of bugged me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!