Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WA * WASHINGTON STATE ROLL CALL.....

I would like to know how many of you out here are currently living in WA. I will be moving from San Diego to Evertt in about 6 weeks. I'm so stressed about it. I have never lived anywhere else but here in San Diego. I worried about the cold. I don't even own a jacket. I'm also worried about finding a job and most of all findinf friend who love to stamp and scrap. So I'm just trying to meet new people.
Thanks

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 02-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: added state code to beginning of title
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I live in Mukilteo, which is right next to Everett (right next to the Boeing plant). Hope you like it here. Weather has been pretty mild the last few years but this year it's been a bit nippy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I live in Bellingham, which is about an hour north of Everett. You'll love Washington, but I would advise getting a coat! I'm sure you'll meet friends who love to stamp. Find a lss and take some classes. That'll be a good way to meet people who love the same thing.

Back in 1974 DH and I lived in El Cajon when he was in the Air Force. I worked for a law firm in San Diego. It's beautiful there.

Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

It will be a big change, but if you like the outdoors at all, you will love it here!
I'm in a town called Covington, about 1 hr south of Everett. I know we have lots of stampers in that area, so no worries...you WILL find friends.

Good luck with your move!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I'm moving from North Seattle up to Everett this month... Mayhap we could get together and stamp! :-)

Do you know where you are moving yet? (ie, have you picked a place?) We got our keys today!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Right now I live in Port Orchard, which is closer to Bremerton, but I have applied for an apartment in Everett. (geojlc, I'm excited to know you'll be there, too!) This is a beautiful area. I lived in San Diego for over 30 years and you couldn't pay me to move back to Southern California... I spent 12 years in San Francisco before I came here. I never thought I would love the country... but I do!

As for a job, I don't know what you do, but a friend of mine works for Boeing and says there are always jobs there, regardless of the kind of work you do. Seattle is a major city. There are universities all over the place. I'm sure you can find work.

Good luck on your move! Bring me some Mexican food from SD! I really miss it! And wave goodbye to my Chargers as you leave!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I have lived in Washington almost my entire life and love, love, love it. You will need a coat and gloves and scarf and hat, though-lol It does get chilly in the winters. I currently live by Lynnwood, which is a hop, skip and jump from Everett. We don't have a ton of local stamp stores, but we try to do our best to survive. I have a monthly SU stamp camp I go to if you are interested, let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Everyone I have talked to that has moved from a different state says that Washington is one of the most beautiful ones they have seen. It does get cold, but nothing unbarable. I live in Centralia, which is about 3 hours south of Everett. When you drive up you will drive right through my little town on I-5.

Look at my puppy's webpage
My small but slowly growing gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I live in Sedro Woolley, 30 - 45 minutes from Everett. Except for a year on the east coast I've been here all my life, and plan on staying in Washington. You'll need a coat, and probably several sweaters or sweat shirts. An umbrella might be a good thing too...it takes a lot of water to stay this green!

There are quite a few stampers from around here, I think you can see the island JulieHRR lives on from parts of Everett. We have a great Stampin' 10 group up here, but it would be a bit of a drive for you.

Welcome to Washington!

Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Im in the Everett area also, That means that GEOJLC is going to be living near me somewhere! Although Ive never met any of those posted here, I have had conversations with some who have not yet posted. I bet you will have lots of stamping friends when you arrive!

Anyone wanna come play at the shoebox swap? click the link below...;o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I hope you love Washington as much as I do!! I moved to CA years ago (in Santa Barbara) and just had trouble with 74 degree Christmas Eve days -- something wasn't right! We moved 'back home' to North Seattle about 6 years ago. The only person I know that doesn't care for Seattle is my Mother in law who lived in Seattle.

You will be near Lynnwood, WA, which is where Alderwood Mall is at. Across the street from the north end of Alderwood is a scrapbooking shop called Lasting Memories. YOU NEED TO GO THERE!!! They have the coolest stuff!!! The greatest staff and excellent sales!

Good luck with your move!!
I'm in North Seattle (Lake Forest Park)...which is 10-15 minutes south of Lynnwood. I love to stamp and scrap!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2006, 02:15 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

UPDATE: I'm moving to Everett tomorrow... Woohoo! Of course, I'm nowhere near ready! I will be throwing stuff in boxes all day and all night, I'm sure! But I will be thrilled to be in my own place again. See all of you North Seattle area ladies very soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I live in Snohomish which is about 15 - 20 min from Everett on the East side of it. You should be here now. It is wetter then usual but even with the rain I wouldn't live any place else. Just look at it this way, when it rains you have time to stamp.

Can I help you take control of your families healthy care?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Smile

WELCOME TO WA!!! I've lived here all my life, minus the three years that my husband and I lived in Colorado right after we got married- grew up in Kirkland, went to college in Bellingham, and now I live in Lynnwood. Lynnwood is right off of I-5 and just a couple miles away South of Everett. In fact, the Costco that I shop at is in Everett!

There is a mall (Everett Mall) in Everett, but in my opinion, it's not great. I much prefer Lynnwood's Alderwood Mall which is just off of I-5 or at the end of 405 if you're coming from the South.

I'm new to stamping, but there's a store called Lasting Memories near Alderwood Mall that is supposed to be wonderful and is supposedly a must-see. And, if you're not exclusive to SU stamps or another brand, she also told me about a great stamp store near Alderwood Mall called "Fun Stamps". According to my friend, some of the stamps can be a little pricey there, but they have a great selection.

Well, good luck to you and don't let this rain discourage you at all. We're working our way toward a rainy day record, but it's not usually THIS wet. I guess you give and take though. We do have all the green and natural beauty surrounding us, so I think some added rain during the fall, winter, and some spring is a small price to pay.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (Deut. 6:5)... For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matt. 6:21)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 05:17 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

The way I look at it, the rain makes all the lush greenery possible. And since I don't work, I don't have to go out when it's raining.

I'm still unpacking (probably will be a constant state around here for quite a while) but making headway.

I've heard of Lasting Memories and my friend in Lynnwood has promised to take me there. In a few weeks, I plan on hitting Costco (did it in Silverdale, just before I moved, so I'm set for a while). Costco is my home away from home! I haven't mapped it yet, but I'm hoping it's accessible by paratransit (or Dial-a-Ride) and I can take a cab back. I'm sure I'll find a way!

I'm hoping to put together a sit-n-stamp day once the rest of my stuff comes up from SF. I would love to have all of you ladies over for some crafting. Maybe a shoebox swap? Or just come and work on projects that have been plaguing you. It's always easier to create when there are other brains to pick!

I'm at Rucker and 35th. Am I close to any of you Everett ladies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 08:21 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

ReindeerTrout,

How come you moved to Everett? Does that mean you are not going to visit us in Sumner??

Faunna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I moved to Everett because I found an apartment I could afford that had room for all my craft "stuff"! LOL I'm sure we'll work out something for Sumner. Do we have a date yet? I know that Misty and I both really enjoyed ourselves last time! Maybe I'll shanghai geojlc to come with me? She's such a sweetie... you'd all just love her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Chiming in from another Washington resident! I also live in Lynnwood. Looks like there are a few of us north of Seattle.

Lasting Memories is a "must" for scrapbookers. Fun Stamps is a great stamp store near the mall. There's also Stamper's Ink near Silver Lake and Stampin in the Rain in Bothell's Country Village. We also have Joann's, Michael's and Paper Zone.

It can be wet and cold here but it's also green and beautiful! We REALLY appreciate our summers!

Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, we have set a date it will be announced after Valentines Day as soon as I get the "ok" that we can have the Cabana again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, what I want to know is where were all you people when we had the shoebox swap????!!!!!! I want to see each and every one of you at the next one! It's in South Everett, just off the 128th St exit so all you Lynnwood people have no excuses about it being too far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell
Okay, what I want to know is where were all you people when we had the shoebox swap????!!!!!! I want to see each and every one of you at the next one! It's in South Everett, just off the 128th St exit so all you Lynnwood people have no excuses about it being too far.
LOL... Well, I was in Port Orchard! But I will be at the next one if I'm in town. Do you have one scheduled? I have a few trips coming up in April and May... and my grandson is coming for Spring Break. Other than that, I'm free as a bird! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Here is a link to the few photos from the shoebox swap this month:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
The pictures are really dark and most of them had Jeannine eating ;), so I just posted a few.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

What can I say MaryHelen's food was AWESOME!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell

You go Girl! :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I already have my calender marked. So as long as that day is Ok I should be there. I have an event at our church the 1st Sat of every month. I posted in another thread to envite you all with details.

But I am hoping to come to the next one. Is this for Demos only or SCS?

Can I help you take control of your families healthy care?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

Location: Trying to Stamp~But heading off to Sports, School & whatever else can fit into a day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerrym38
I live in Bellingham, which is about an hour north of Everett. You'll love Washington, but I would advise getting a coat! I'm sure you'll meet friends who love to stamp. Find a lss and take some classes. That'll be a good way to meet people who love the same thing.

Back in 1974 DH and I lived in El Cajon when he was in the Air Force. I worked for a law firm in San Diego. It's beautiful there.

Kerry
Hi Bellingham, We(DH & Myself) are from Bellingham and Lynden. Now, we are in OR. We have also lived in Cally until we had babies, then we decided to move back to the NW.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Another Washingtonian adding her name to the pot. I'm in Edmonds and get together regularly with some ladies to stamp. We are heading to Snohomish for an overnights "slumber" (ha) party of stamping. We are hoping to have over 70 cards done each by Sat morning. Wish us luck! If you need a consultant I have a great one who lives in Everett. Love her to pieces and am having a show on the 17th. Love to buy...hate to sell! I'm a SAHM with 4 rugrats from 3-11.

Welcome to the neighborhood...

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Hi snipnstamp

Happy to know you are moving to Washington. There are lots of fun things here like sailing, skiing, mountain climbing.... the San Juan Islands are gorgeous and close by. Plus, there is a fantastic store in Bellingham called Stampadoodle.
Right at this moment, I'm not thrilled with the cold rain myself. Sorry you need to move here in January. But it will get warmer. My home is 70 miles north of Everett, but I drive through every now and then on my way to Olympia. Keep in touch via the forums and PMs. You'll find lots of Splitcoast friends to ease your transition.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #29  
YLM
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi I'm Cindy I live in Arlington just off I-5! I'm 22 miles from Boeing plant.
I have live in washington born in Blanchard,went to BEHS,moved to San Diego for 7 years, Bremerton 1year, Burlington 11 year, Marysville 11 years and now in Arlington 9 years! Wow that makes me old !!! yep 56 and been stamping 9 years. I have meet Novell once. I wolud love to meet you all. I have a big house on 2 1/2 acers let's get together!! Cindy aka YLM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #30  
Compulsive Stamper

I hope that you love it here! I certainly do. I am in Seattle and do not get to stamp as much as I would like but stamping is a great thing to do on a rainy WA day! Best of luck to you... Also, I would love to know when your next shoebox swap is. I really enjoy going to stamping events.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Spokane washington here. Yeah the other side of the state from where you will be moving but we are the dry side. Washington has everytihing from beautiful rainforests, oceans, high deserts, sand dunes, mountains, lakes what more could you ask for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Default New to Everett

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipnstamp
I would like to know how many of you out here are currently living in WA. I will be moving from San Diego to Evertt in about 6 weeks. I'm so stressed about it. I have never lived anywhere else but here in San Diego. I worried about the cold. I don't even own a jacket. I'm also worried about finding a job and most of all findinf friend who love to stamp and scrap. So I'm just trying to meet new people.
Thanks

dear snipnstamp, I live in Everett Wa. It is not so bad here. It does get a little cold sometimes. You will have fun shopping for a new coat at the outlet mall in Marysville. You will be here just in time for the stamp convention in Puyallup. I hope this message is ok. this is my first time doing this. I have been stamping for about 16 years and I love it I also do alittle scrapbooking too.I hope to hear from you soon.

maryinks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi from West Seattle! The Seattle area is great for many reasons: the greenery, people, activities, etc. Welcome and I know you will have no problem finding a group of fellow stampers (what a great idea to send the email out!).

I am an avid stamper (but not SU Demo) and am continually trying to find people in my area who like to get together to stamp. If anyone knows of any events going on in the area, please pass along. (I heard a swap mentioned but I still don't know what that is or when the next one is.)

Hello to all Washington-ians! I am new to SCS but am so addicted! (I hate to say it but work is suffering because of it.)

TTFN,

Kristen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Everett Washington showbox swap

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2006, 08:01 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Hello from the southend! I'm in Des Moines Washington. We're on the water about 15 minutes south of Seatac. A bit of a haul from Everett.

My SCS gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...00&ppuser=8965
My Webshots gallery: http://client.webshots.com/user/tbenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi:

I live in Kirkland and work in Redmond for Microsoft. I moved here almost 7 years ago and love it.

Where is the Lasting Memories store?
There are no mistakes in Scrapbooking, only opportunities for embellishments. -Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 04:39 PM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're moving to WA (near Bremerton - anyone have a rental house???) this spring or early summer. It's coming home for me - I lived in Belfair and went to college in Tacoma then worked in Seattle and left the area for grad school when I was 24. I've been stuck on the East coast for the last 14 years and we've been wanting to be in the PNW for most of those years. We're going to (once we have at least one job!) build a sustainable home on some property we own - very exciting!

Alyson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #38  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanneb
Hello from the southend! I'm in Des Moines Washington. We're on the water about 15 minutes south of Seatac. A bit of a haul from Everett.
I'm close to you, I'm in Federal Way...

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, I live in Renton, WA which is about 45 minutes away from Everett. My future MIL lives in Everett and so I go up there occasionally to stamp with her. I think you will like it here. I have lived here most of my life. Keep us posted and let us know how the move goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caraquena
Hi:

I live in Kirkland and work in Redmond for Microsoft. I moved here almost 7 years ago and love it.

Where is the Lasting Memories store?
Lasting Memories is in Lynnwood, across from the Alderwood Mall, next to Mervyns (which is next to Lynnwood High School).
www.lasting-memories.com
Reply With Quote Likes